2061 16 2017-4-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd0d73a8d
New
Flight distance : 113343 ft
Germany

Hi community,
I'm using the Samsung S7 Edge with the Mavic Controller and the DJI GO 4 App.
Since my last 3 flights the phone gets incredibly hot and the first 2 times it than freezed when detaching it from the controller (switched off devices in this order: 1. Mavic, 2. Controller, 3. detaching the phone). At my last flight the phone freezed during the flight while using the second Mavic battery, so I guess this is a combination of flight time and...??

I discussed that in a local Facebook group and it seems like a lot of other guys experience that with the S7, but nobody has an answer to this. Do you?
2017-4-10
Use props
way wrong
lvl.4
Flight distance : 351631 ft
Estonia

Of course it's having some problems because new Samsung phones are out, called the S8 and S8+ and these are working like a charm. All older S-series models are not working. DJI and Samsung are working together on this!

(It's a joke )

Now some serious talk- Try to unisnstall Go 4 and restart you phone and install again Go 4
2017-4-10
Use props
Iamz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 487480 ft
Thailand

I also use the S7 Edge and have experienced the problem quite a few times too. I've noticed that the app usually freezes if the controller is disconnected while the app is still opened so I made a point to always close/exit the app first then disconnect the controller and haven't experienced the freeze again.

My phone also gets quite hot while flying but not to the point that it freezes mid-flight. You could try to lower the screen brightness and see if that helps since the phone's also hot while browsing the web in sunlight with max brightness.

Last tip. When the app freezes, you can hold the power button and the volume down button simultaneously to force it to reboot immediately. It gets hotter and hotter while the app freezes.
2017-4-10
Use props
djiuser_Gq2Jsqe
New

United States

I have the S7 which gets hot. I just tested in S7 Edge and they are much worse
2017-7-31
Use props
MARSAN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 966978 ft
Belgium

djiuser_Gq2Jsqe Posted at 2017-7-31 12:37
I have the S7 which gets hot. I just tested in S7 Edge and they are much worse

I use the S8 without any problems.
Now you know which phone you should use...
2017-7-31
Use props
WPONPAI
lvl.1
Flight distance : 99590 ft
Thailand

The same problem with me, it's very hot.
2017-8-4
Use props
McCrea
lvl.1
Flight distance : 331358 ft
Canada

DJO Go 4 is buggy with the latest version of Android sadly...
2017-8-4
Use props
Airloop
New
Flight distance : 11542 ft
United States

Old thread but oh well. My S7 also runs very hot. I have done a few things that help but do not solve the problem. While the S7 is a great and powerful phone, its cooling system is grossly inadequate.

1. kill all running apps.
2. turn on airplane mode.
3. turn down screen brightness.
4. use the bottom usb connection on the mavic controller instead of the side. (the controller wont fast charge the phone this way)
5. take any added on protective phone cases/covers off the phone. Any form of insulation on the back of the phone makes it run hotter.
2017-9-10
Use props
Mari
First Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

MARSAN Posted at 2017-7-31 13:24
I use the S8 without any problems.
Now you know which phone you should use...

... there are also S8 user who have problems, so I wouldn't advice to buy one...
2017-9-10
Use props
MARSAN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 966978 ft
Belgium

Mari Posted at 2017-9-10 09:38
... there are also S8 user who have problems, so I wouldn't advice to buy one...

There is a minority of S8 users who have problems with the DJI GO 4 app.
Isn't it strange that many S8 users have no issues (I am one of them) and some S8 users do have issues with the DJI GO 4 app?
Same device, same app, different results ... this looks very suspicious and asks for more investigation.
2017-9-10
Use props
Mari
First Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

Not all DJI users are on this forum... if there is only a minority present and only a few of them are having problems, we can't deny there is room for improvement of the app. The S8 is relative new, there are much more S6 and S7 models sold so it isn't strange there are more complaints from users of these models.
2017-9-10
Use props
kozulis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1106247 ft
Latvia

Initially was flying Mavic with Samsung S8 and after ~10 minute or so flight app would start lagging and eventually crash/quit.
Switched to using iPad and haven't had any issues since.
2017-9-10
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

I dont have one problem with s8+ i do notice different versions of go 4 run vetter or worse. That app is a resource hog tho
2017-9-10
Use props
Jimmy007
Second Officer

United States

+1 on the S8 Plus. 0 problems with my iPad mini 4.  Had problems with the S7 edge.
2017-9-10
Use props
termdj
lvl.2
South Africa

I use my S7 Edge and A5 without any issues. Latest firmware etc.
2017-9-10
Use props
J.T.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2076637 ft
Italy

I fly with the S7 Edge and just a month ago with the old version of DJGo4 I had some problem (ie. phone hot and freezs every flight or in the middel of flight with restart of app) but now after 100+ flight and the latest version of DJIGO4 I never experience any problem at all (except that sometimes I proudly have gogle maps instead of HERE ;) )
I must say that now here in my country the summer is at the end and the temperature is much lower than when I've started flying so maybe it could be a reason... just guessing
2017-9-11
Use props
bernardren07
Second Officer
Flight distance : 48504 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

same as me. after used it almost 1 hour and close game aircraft. i saw my hp screen got pop up dead pixel once overheat cpu. when it cool down and dead pixel disappear. i felt it not safe for me to use s7 edge. i decide to buy note 8
2017-9-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules