Flight distance : 101260 ft
Portugal

Mavic Pro
Serial number: 08QDE3D01202AQ
Date of purchase: 31/03/2017
Dealer name: DJI Online
Description of fault:
Good evening
Yesterday at 7p.m. I went on a flight with Mavic Pro.
The weather was nice everything was fine. But when suddenly the Mavic falls like a stone. I have received it for 3 days by DHL.
I've updated the Mavic firmware and remote control.
I do not understand what happened!
It was not my fault, I automatically landed
I have a damaged propeller and 2 arms and a camera.
It is still under warranty and not even 15 days passed!

Aircraft S/N: 08QDE3D01202AQ
Gimbal S/N: 092DE3B0020191
2017-4-10
Use props
The Rev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1256837 ft
United Kingdom

You will need to raise a case with DJI and upload you flight logs and if its a fault it will be repaired on Warranty
2017-4-10
Use props
DanielDuarte198
lvl.2
Portugal

Thank you, I already sent an email but I have not had an answer yet.
2017-4-10
Use props
Eagle_Eye
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

Was your battery seated properly?
2017-4-10
Use props
DanielDuarte198
lvl.2
Portugal

Yes the battery was well placed. I was careful to follow every step before the flight.
2017-4-10
Use props
DanielDuarte198
lvl.2
Portugal

https://app.airdata.com/main?flight=e0665be9e14e84a093d2c5a110b2704f&page_id=GENERALOverview
2017-4-10
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

DanielDuarte198 Posted at 2017-4-10 07:55
https://app.airdata.com/main?flight=e0665be9e14e84a093d2c5a110b2704f&page_id=GENERALOverview

The flight data is not going to tell as much as the flight seems to have been about 5 seconds. However, it does say that you took off on a battery that only had 33% which was a bit risky.
2017-4-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry for your crash, Daniel.
Normally you will receive a reply within 24 hours.
After sending it in, our engineers will help to analyse the flight data and let you know what could have caused the issue.
If you have any further query about your case, please feel free to let me know.
2017-4-11
Use props
DanielDuarte198
lvl.2
Portugal

The battery with 33% is no reason for it to fall like a rock! Aliases are only records of the rest of the flight.
2017-4-11
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-4-10 22:45
The flight data is not going to tell as much as the flight seems to have been about 5 seconds. However, it does say that you took off on a battery that only had 33% which was a bit risky.

Jenee 2,

33%  {:4_177:} is just looking for trouble --- I take My Bird out of the sky to land at 30%
He basically Took off to Fly with 33% battery ?????????????
FlySafe--FlyFree
2017-4-11
Use props
DanielDuarte198
lvl.2
Portugal

The Mavic did not fall by 33% battery! Alias ​​does not invalidate the warranty! I was just getting up and landing to catch up with experience! If you see the flight log after getting up there is no longer any record! Nor battery alert. And he was not looking for trouble. This happened because of the firmware! I hope it does not happen to you. "
2017-4-11
Use props
greenwire
lvl.2
Flight distance : 38281 ft
United States

Very bizarre, @DanielDuarte198 please keep us updated about what you find from your DJI log analysis.
2017-4-11
Use props
DanielDuarte198
lvl.2
Portugal

On Sunday I sent 2 e-mails and I still had no answer! Yesterday I made the RMA order online, to send.
2017-4-11
Use props
DanielDuarte198
lvl.2
Portugal

Yes, I say what they told me. The non-Mavic damage was not many, but I will not be staying with him after 3 days of having him fall like this!
2017-4-11
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Philippines

I think it would be helpful if you can get the .dat log file from your Mavic before sending it to DJI, and upload the file to Dropbox or somewhere else where we can have a look at it to analyze.

Unfortunately, there seem to be several cases  recently of Mavics dropping from the sky :-(
2017-4-11
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

The Airdata log posted has no information about the flight, only that you started the motors. There should be more information if your logs are complete.  What was the duration of the flight?  How high did the Mavic get before it fell?  Did you initiate an auto landing.
2017-4-11
Use props
DanielDuarte198
lvl.2
Portugal

Griffith Posted at 2017-4-11 07:29
The Airdata log posted has no information about the flight, only that you started the motors. There should be more information if your logs are complete.  What was the duration of the flight?  How high did the Mavic get before it fell?  Did you initiate an auto landing.

Ok I'll put it in the Cloud and share it
2017-4-11
Use props
DanielDuarte198
lvl.2
Portugal

https://kmjj0x.s.cld.pt
2017-4-12
Use props
DanielDuarte198
lvl.2
Portugal

https://kmjj0x.s.cld.pt

Link to logs
2017-4-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Maybe some more info needed, when you say you automatically landed, how? How high was your Mavic when it fell, did you have enough gps?
2017-4-12
Use props
DanielDuarte198
lvl.2
Portugal

I think it was 30 meters and I made an auto landing. And it had 17 Satellites
2017-4-12
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Philippines

Hi Daniel. Thanks for posting your .dat files. Myself and BudWalker on the Mavic Pilots forum have had a look, and we did notice an anomaly in some of your files, which BudWalker also found in the files of another Mavic that fell from the sky. Here's his explanation, if you're interested in more detail: http://mavicpilots.com/threads/d ... /page-3#post-159141

It's quite possible that there's a correlation there.

BTW, in the .dat files that you uploaded, do you know which file was for the flight when the Mavic fell? You uploaded 4 files, but it doesn't look like the last one was the crash flight. I'm assuming you flew it at least once or a few times after the crash. Some of the files don't seem to have complete data, and it looks like there might also be a couple of files missing (eg. it goes from FLY026 to FLY031).
2017-4-21
Use props
DanielDuarte198
lvl.2
Portugal

Jason Lane Posted at 2017-4-21 21:23
Hi Daniel. Thanks for posting your .dat files. Myself and BudWalker on the Mavic Pilots forum have had a look, and we did notice an anomaly in some of your files, which BudWalker also found in the files of another Mavic that fell from the sky. Here's his explanation, if you're interested in more detail: http://mavicpilots.com/threads/day-2-on-mavic-failure-and-crash.13367/page-3#post-159141

Good evening
I apologize for the delayed response.
I have not had any response yet by DJI ... I already sent it and it has arrived in 5 days ..
Yes the last record I sent and with the fall. Those who are missing did not do uploud because it was record of calling the Mavic at home. I do not think they are important but I can uploud everything. And I'm pretty sure the battery was well connected.
Do you want the remaining flight records?
Thank you
2017-4-22
Use props
Evaunit01berser
lvl.1
Flight distance : 150427 ft
United States

My mavic has not even arrived and I'm getting really worried. Should I just go out and buy a foam rubber pad for the first few flights and have it hover and then check my flight logs to make sure mine is not being affected by these random shut downs? :p
2017-4-22
Use props
DanielDuarte198
lvl.2
Portugal

Jason Lane Posted at 2017-4-21 21:23
Hi Daniel. Thanks for posting your .dat files. Myself and BudWalker on the Mavic Pilots forum have had a look, and we did notice an anomaly in some of your files, which BudWalker also found in the files of another Mavic that fell from the sky. Here's his explanation, if you're interested in more detail: http://mavicpilots.com/threads/day-2-on-mavic-failure-and-crash.13367/page-3#post-159141

https://22o44t.s.cld.pt
2017-4-22
Use props
blunt_blunt
Ban Posts

Australia

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-4-22
Use props
BetaPilot
lvl.2

Canada

I wonder if the Stop Motor Method is bugged on the new firmware. Is there a way to check if he had CSC enabled in the logs? Daniel can you check the setting under Main Controller Settings > Advanced Settings and let us know what it's set to?

Someone who can afford to (or DJI) should do a test with CSC Maneuver set and check the log to see what it looks like. I highly doubt they would use such a crude method but maybe it works by abruptly cutting power from the battery which would explain the missing battery info from the dat files documented by BudWalker. It would obviously make more sense to just cut all ESC power which is most likely the way they do it. If I had one to sacrifice I would try with both CSC and emergency only settings toggling the setting multiple times and retesting. It could simply be a bug that prevents the Stop Motor Method setting/variable from updating properly, getting stuck in CSC mode after you toggled it, and then if someone happens to be executing a landing while coming in backwards on a downward slope and accidentally tilt both sticks toward the middle or outside for a few seconds  then it will fall like a brick (e.g. if the wind was causing drift and they were in home lock mode which would still allow them to come in on a straight path even if they were giving it max yaw). A very stupid way to land unless you were going for the epic crash landing but hey, I'm sure noobs have done worse, especially when they panic.

I've played with it in the simulator (the one in the DJI Go 4 app) in CSC mode and it is possible to accidentally cut the motors in this situation although extremely unlikely and nearly impossible as long as you're not trying to make it do acrobatics (wouldn't surprise me with some people). If you're reading this and you love your Mavic Pro please leave the Stop Motor Method set to the default For use in emergencies only on Apple iOS devices or Push sticks inner/outer (Breakdown) on Android devices. With this setting you can still kill the motors if it's spinning around on the ground, in a tree or about to encounter an unlucky/unexpecting bystander.
2017-4-22
Use props
taus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25358 ft
Denmark

blunt_blunt Posted at 2017-4-22 17:29
Make sure you wear a parachute whenever you board a plane as well.

Nooooo  Dont be alarmed at the faults logged here at MAVIC CRASH CENTRAL.

I am the owner of "the other" Mavic that crashed because it stopped working in mid-air after 5 minutes of use. http://forum.dji.com/thread-91866-3-4.html I am glad that most users have no problems. Because I hopefully will be one of them once I get another Mavic back from DJI.

But I really get irritated about fans who keep insisting that it was because of using the emergency engine shutdown. It is nice that fans are enthusiastic about products but even the best products can just fail.  So blaming everything on the use when all evidence clearly says the opposite is not very constructive.

Stick shutdown would turn off the engines. Not the drone. It would obviously be in the log.
In my case the whole drone just shut down (video, link to RC, logging). Evidence of something wrong with the software was found in the log.

If this sort of thing only happens to a tiny percentage of drones then great! I love reading about users who have no problems. Then it will be no problem for DJI to replace the drones and I will become the happy owner of a flawless aircraft (after 4-5 weeks of waiting).

2017-4-23
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Philippines

I'm currently tracking the progress of 9 cases of apparent mid-flight shutdown.

None of them show signs of a CSC command.

They all seemed to lose connection from the RC and shutdown simultaneously.

6 of these owners have been able to provide build dates of their Mavics, and those were all built between within a 3 week period in March.

3 of these owners have been able to provide .dat files for analysis. Of those, 2 of the Mavics had .dat files containing missing data pertaining to battery power. (Not only the logs from the crash flight, but even logs from flights before the crash).

I know it's still a rather small sample size, but I'm certainly a little worried about a potential defect in the newly produced Mavics.
2017-4-23
Use props
blunt_blunt
Ban Posts

Australia

2017-4-23
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Philippines

DanielDuarte198 Posted at 2017-4-22 16:15
Good evening
I have not had any response yet by DJI ... I already sent it and it has arrived in 5 days ..

Are you sure that the last record (FLY033) is the one with crash? The GPS data is very different from the flight you put on AirData. The one on AirData took place in Portugal. FLY033 appears to have taken place in China.
2017-4-23
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Evaunit01berser Posted at 2017-4-22 16:19
My mavic has not even arrived and I'm getting really worried. Should I just go out and buy a foam rubber pad for the first few flights and have it hover and then check my flight logs to make sure mine is not being affected by these random shut downs? :p

The foam rubber might be going a little further than I would recommend but even if you've flown before -- and it looks like you already own a Phantom -- it's not a bad idea at all to use extra caution on your new Mavic's early flights. For example, maintaining a relatively low altitude, flying in areas where it's unlikely to be lost or cause damage in case of a flyaway, etc.
2017-4-23
Use props
taus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25358 ft
Denmark

blunt_blunt Posted at 2017-4-23 03:10
Sorry for not keeping track of all 9 accounts of this shutdown phenomenon and the conditions/parameters at the time of each of the incidents.
I merely stated "probably" stick input only to have you state "But I really get irritated about fans who keep *insisting* that it was because of using the emergency engine shutdown "
Im not insisting anything buddy. Get irritated all you want.

The engine shutdown command is just a command that instructs the drone to shut down the engines. It does not turn off the drone and stop logging.
2017-4-23
Use props
blunt_blunt
Ban Posts

Australia

2017-4-23
Use props
Ulises_moises
lvl.1
Flight distance : 95784 ft
United States

DanielDuarte198 Posted at 2017-4-22 16:15
Good evening

can someone help me how to upload flight logs here? my mavic just dropped
2017-4-23
Use props
Evaunit01berser
lvl.1
United States

How do you know about my parachute carry on!?
2017-4-23
Use props
Evaunit01berser
lvl.1
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-4-23 05:27
The foam rubber might be going a little further than I would recommend but even if you've flown before -- and it looks like you already own a Phantom -- it's not a bad idea at all to use extra caution on your new Mavic's early flights. For example, maintaining a relatively low altitude, flying in areas where it's unlikely to be lost or cause damage in case of a flyaway, etc.

Yeah my phantom 4 flys perfectly fine. Never had issues with it except once when it was low on gps signals and almost wandered into a light pole. I saw about 1500 dollars flash in front of my eyes lol. But the phantom is too big to bring on my international carry on and thats why I am getting a mavic for a trip to Japan.
2017-4-23
Use props
DanielDuarte198
lvl.2
Portugal

Finally
Yesterday I received an e-mail from DJI Suport
That they were already analyzing my case..
2017-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules