Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Checking in with law enforcement
835 5 2017-4-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Imovetheearth
lvl.4
United States

My first time out to fly on one of the islands, and along the beach, in Florida with my P4 with much nervousness and success. There were local law enforcement on the beach and I asked first before even taking it out of my vehicle. As long as I had my FAA registration, I was good to go. Next time I will be less nervous and fly more area. The only issue I have is always being aware of low flying aircraft in the area..........and they are there! HAPPY FLYING!!
2017-4-10
Use props
Aeromirage
Captain
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

Stay under 400' and you'll be fine.
They aren't as low as they look.
2017-4-10
Use props
Imovetheearth
lvl.4
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 2017-4-10 18:55

Always under 400ft and believe me, some of those planes and helicopters are too. "Flying safe"
2017-4-10
Use props
fansb1fe1104
Captain
Flight distance : 3372566 ft
United States

Yes definately have to watch out for the planes, I took mine to a beach just outside of Myrtle Beach in SC. right when i was packing up to leave a plane flew by couldnt have been more than 200 ft
2017-4-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I'm sure you'll continue to gain confidence while flying.
2017-4-10
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
Australia

Aeromirage Posted at 2017-4-10 18:55

You would be wrong if you assume that planes are only going to be above 500 ft.
There are many situations where they can fly lower without breaking any rules.

Here are the relevant FAA rules for real planes
Note C & D particularly:

§ 91.119 Minimum safe altitudes: General.
Except when necessary for takeoff or landing, no person may operate an aircraft below the following altitudes:
(a) Anywhere. An altitude allowing, if a power unit fails, an emergency landing without undue hazard to persons or property on the surface.
(b) Over congested areas. Over any congested area of a city, town, or settlement, or over any open air assembly of persons, an altitude of 1,000 feet above the highest obstacle within a horizontal radius of 2,000 feet of the aircraft.
(c) Over other than congested areas. An altitude of 500 feet above the surface, except over open water or sparsely populated areas. In those cases, the aircraft may not be operated closer than 500 feet to any person, vessel, vehicle, or structure.
(d) Helicopters, powered parachutes, and weight-shift-control aircraft. If the operation is conducted without hazard to persons or property on the surface—
(1) A helicopter may be operated at less than the minimums prescribed in paragraph (b) or (c) of this section, provided each person operating the helicopter complies with any routes or altitudes specifically prescribed for helicopters by the FAA
2017-4-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules