New Firmware 2017.04.11
22455 201 2017-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Iamz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 487480 ft
Thailand

There was one important fix in this version that was not mentioned in the release notes. The startup sound.
2017-4-12
Use props
Iamz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 487480 ft
Thailand

trica de Posted at 2017-4-11 21:25
Can you let me know where you get that info from?  I cant see anything on the litchi webside so far

They've updated the warning and it does not mention Mavic/Phantom anymore. Only Inspire still has the problem but I guess it'll be fixed soon too.

https://flylitchi.com/help
Screen Shot 2017-04-13 at 12.31.41 AM.png
2017-4-12
Use props
Silverado101980
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5858166 ft
United States

un hombre Posted at 2017-4-12 03:56
One of the new threads on the forum suggests, that they might have decreased the max speed in sports mode.

Can someone check this out?

I made a post back a month or so ago when I went to .400 that the speed wasn't as fast with a good tail wind and the RPM's were way lower and I believe it more so now but I am with the other person that they have the numbers matching up better between acutail speed and on the app.... But I do think they have maybe slacked down when you have strong tail winds to help with GPS loss or some atti issues DJI Mindy said that they didn't limit the speed however I feel with a tail wind once it hits around 40 it starts to dial back the rpm's to just keep its elevation it just don't sound like it's running as hard anymore but that's maybe not a bad thing in the long run
2017-4-12
Use props
BirdieMavic
lvl.1
Germany

Finished upgrade from .550 to .600 without any problems...
Did a quick indoor flight test (gentle with most sensors off). Mavic behaves at least as good as before.

I´m totally satisfied so far with the mavic. No blurred image, stable gimbal and flights. But only 3h flight time on it..
Will go into speed tests deeper tomorrow, doesn't work so well indoors...

Have a nice one
2017-4-12
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Second Officer
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

trica de Posted at 2017-4-12 02:57
thanks I did not know ;) Hope they release it soon

With the .600 firmware release,Litchi just announced that all the flight modes are now working again.  So once you get your Mavic upgrade (Inspire still hasn't gotten its updated firmware) you are good to go with all the Litchi features.
2017-4-12
Use props
digitalintruder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3652379 ft
United States

Dirk52 Posted at 2017-4-12 08:22
My horizon is way off level after upgrading to .0600. Gimbal calibration doesn't help and manuel correction can't be used becaused the horizon is different in normal and Portrait Mode.Anybody else with this problem?
[view_image]
[view_image]

My gimbal roll settings were set to -0.6, I adjusted them back down to 0. I haven't pulled out the level like you to see if properly corrected it.
2017-4-12
Use props
mTSPSOenb4l3
lvl.2
Austria

There is a strange problem with NFZ in this firmware. If no GPS, everything is ok, if good GPS signal, everything is ok, but if you get a weak signal (in rooms, on bad weather,...), the software puts you into a NFZ!.....although there is none for miles.....flying is, of course, not possible in this situation. I again downgraded to .400 ...and still wait for a stable new version, which includes fixes WITHOUT some additional bugs for free! :-(
2017-4-12
Use props
TheWolfen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 167782 ft
United States

I was really hoping the new ability to cancel the low battery alert was the one for the battery in the Mavic itself, but I can confirm it is not. However, re-calibrating my gimbal fixed the minor tilt issue I had. So far no issues with the update at all!
2017-4-12
Use props
alirz5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 609833 ft
Canada

mTSPSOenb4l3 Posted at 2017-4-12 13:40
There is a strange problem with NFZ in this firmware. If no GPS, everything is ok, if good GPS signal, everything is ok, but if you get a weak signal (in rooms, on bad weather,...), the software puts you into a NFZ!.....although there is none for miles.....flying is, of course, not possible in this situation. I again downgraded to .400 ...and still wait for a stable new version, which includes fixes WITHOUT some additional bugs for free! :-(

Well I've read that in several posts now. Sounds  pretty crappy. From the sound of it you cannot fly indoors anymore?
2017-4-12
Use props
srg
lvl.2
United States

Received my Mavic yesterday, and after trying to update the firmware today (always fails. iPhone, iPod touch, MacOS, Windows, any of 'em), the gimbal now shows as "disconnected" and the SD card can't be read.  Incredibly frustrating for a brand new purchase.
2017-4-12
Use props
Kman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 259977 ft
United States

What is the new smooth option for the rc transmitted quality section? It was normal and HD before. Video only goes to 1080p when you select Smooth.
2017-4-12
Use props
Chaser720
lvl.3
Flight distance : 400190 ft
United States

BirdieMavic Posted at 2017-4-12 10:47
Finished upgrade from .550 to .600 without any problems...
Did a quick indoor flight test (gentle with most sensors off). Mavic behaves at least as good as before.

You say that now... wait until the first problem arises. You'll be ready to spike it into the ground and put in a DJI Care Refresh claim.
2017-4-12
Use props
fishelectronics
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6864 ft
Finland

mTSPSOenb4l3 Posted at 2017-4-12 13:40

Any idea how to get it from the air if it stucks in non-existing NFZ and won't fly?
2017-4-12
Use props
Bintryin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 164406 ft
Australia

fishelectronics Posted at 2017-4-12 23:20
Any idea how to get it from the air if it stucks in non-existing NFZ and won't fly?

This is a problem everywhere , so far DJI are Silent on this problem I'm sure it will get sorted!!
2017-4-13
Use props
MacPap
lvl.2
Greece

Maybe a solution to all this could be (as in many other devices) to download the update onto the sd card and once that is done and the sd card is inserted into the drone the update is executed automatically.
2017-4-13
Use props
mTSPSOenb4l3
lvl.2
Austria

I don't believe this NFZ problem to be related to "real NFZ" at all.
There are posts of people, concerned by this problem, having no NFZ within hundreds of miles.
To me this sounds like "junior programmers logic":
- there is a GPS signal, so we are outside (totally ignoring that you may also receive a GPS signal within a room)
- the signal is not accurate enough to tell the exact position (however you define "exact" in this circumstances, as for version .400 the signal was sufficient, I tested this)
-> so, for safety reasons, we just activate the "NFZ algorithm"

At the moment, I have more than a few satellites locked, the problem (NFZ lock) vanishes...
As I usually do not fly inside rooms, this is a minor problem in most cases. But as I don't know how the Mavic will react, if for any reason GPS signal quality drops, while on a flight, I don't want to try......
2017-4-13
Use props
DesertDave
lvl.3
Flight distance : 55807 ft
United States

My update was taking forever. I cancelled and updated via Assistant 2. Then I had to update the controller, so I went through the regular wifi update and it worked much faster. Not sure why.
2017-4-13
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Second Officer
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

The Litchi team has confirmed that the .600 firmware fixes the issues caused by the .500 firmware with some flight modes.
2017-4-13
Use props
fans2f02e2bc
New
Flight distance : 330997 ft
Hong Kong

anyone experiencing the following?

updated 0600, also updated android app to latest which is 4.0.6

while the mavic on the ground, press video recording button, or press it couple times, the app will just crashed

2017-4-13
Use props
fans8fbb746d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10075 ft
Germany

fans2f02e2bc Posted at 2017-4-13 10:43
anyone experiencing the following?

updated 0600, also updated android app to latest which is 4.0.6

There's at least two of you: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=40#pid765025
2017-4-13
Use props
Morphin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3396 ft
Switzerland

I'm too can not update the AC with this firmware (PC or ipad). There are a couople of people that can not update. I have tried with the older assistant. So i trying to upload for 4 houres now.....

DJI, i'm not happy with your way of upgrading firmware
2017-4-13
Use props
fans18d204c5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2949393 ft
  • >>>
United States

I went to update to this new version today and it just goes to "go fly". Is this update available?
2017-4-13
Use props
MacPap
lvl.2
Greece

mTSPSOenb4l3 Posted at 2017-4-13 02:18
To me this sounds like "junior programmers logic":
- there is a GPS signal, so we are outside (totally ignoring that you may also receive a GPS signal within a room)
- the signal is not accurate enough to tell the exact position (however you define "exact" in this circumstances, as for version .400 the signal was sufficient, I tested this)
-> so, for safety reasons, we just activate the "NFZ algorithm"

Maybe that IS the logic behind it. By making bad or no GPS equal to NFZ one  can NOT block the GPS signal to fool the bird that it is not in a NFZ and therefore fly  there.

Kostas
2017-4-13
Use props
Flyboyz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 142615 ft
Singapore

Fix Wing mode sound like  a cruise control of a car to me...cool
2017-4-13
Use props
Flyboyz
lvl.2
Singapore

For me, i only use the assistant to upgrade once with my Mac book pro but it didn't turn out well as it 'hung' at certain percentage. Nowadays,  I just connect my iPhone to the controller, power up my Mavic and perform the updates...no issue at all...
2017-4-13
Use props
fansbf0c2001
lvl.1
Germany

Flyboyz Posted at 2017-4-13 20:28
For me, i only use the assistant to upgrade once with my Mac book pro but it didn't turn out well as it 'hung' at certain percentage. Nowadays,  I just connect my iPhone to the controller, power up my Mavic and perform the updates...no issue at all...

Hello,

i also cannot update my firmware to .600. I have tried yesterday for 8 hours - and today it is the same.
I tried over GO 4 app (Android) and over Assitant but nothing helps.
It just  hangs at uploadung at some percentage and gives error 0x20106 (in Assistant)

No information why, no suggestion how to fix !

DJI - this is a mess with your firmware upgrades !   
2017-4-14
Use props
Flyboyz
lvl.2
Singapore

fansbf0c2001 Posted at 2017-4-14 00:06
Hello,

i also cannot update my firmware to .600. I have tried yesterday for 8 hours - and today it is the same.

try using an iPhone may help. I never have issue using my iPhone 6+
2017-4-14
Use props
patman89
lvl.4
Flight distance : 288327 ft
Germany

Damn, I think this upgrade has killed my Mavic. The Upgrade got stuck at 57% all the time - can not revert to older Version and even factory reset doesn't do anything. Do you guys have a hint for me how to get my mavic working again? The upgrade went wrong at least 6 times. Tried everthing to get even .550 back working, but no chance :-(
2017-4-14
Use props
patman89
lvl.4
Germany

EastyT Posted at 2017-4-11 10:10
I have both a Samsung Galaxy S5 (recommended device) and a S7.  The app crashes constantly on both.  Me and 1,840 others in the Google Play store.

Yeah, my app is crashing too all the time since I upgrade to 4.0.6.

I have tried to upgrade my Mavic to .600 via app and the app has crashed multiple times during this progress. Now my Mavic seems to be broken. I can not upgrade or downgrade anymore - it seems to be in an inconsistant status.
2017-4-14
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

srg Posted at 2017-4-12 16:09
Received my Mavic yesterday, and after trying to update the firmware today (always fails. iPhone, iPod touch, MacOS, Windows, any of 'em), the gimbal now shows as "disconnected" and the SD card can't be read.  Incredibly frustrating for a brand new purchase.

Sorry you are having trouble. Assuming that you did not have any failures during the FW update process, try relinking your Mavic Pro to the remote. Follow this video for help.  Otherwise, you may need to refresh the FW update using the Assistant 2 software on the PC'

Please make sure you are using the most current Assistant 2 software on your computer. uninstall the older version first and install the new one linked below

DJI Assistant 2 v.1.1.0-2

Rich
2017-4-14
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Morphin Posted at 2017-4-13 14:01
I'm too can not update the AC with this firmware (PC or ipad). There are a couople of people that can not update. I have tried with the older assistant. So i trying to upload for 4 houres now.....

DJI, i'm not happy with your way of upgrading firmware

Hi, I am not sure why you are having so much trouble however this happened to me when I was using the wrong version of DJI A2 software. Please make sure you are using the most current Assistant 2 software on your computer. uninstall the older version first and install the new one linked below

2017-4-14
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

patman89 Posted at 2017-4-14 07:13
Yeah, my app is crashing too all the time since I upgrade to 4.0.6.

I have tried to upgrade my Mavic to .600 via app and the app has crashed multiple times during this progress. Now my Mavic seems to be broken. I can not upgrade or downgrade anymore - it seems to be in an inconsistant status.

For something else to try,  this happened to me when I was using the wrong version of DJI A2 software. Please make sure you are using the most current Assistant 2 software on your computer. uninstall the older version first and install the new one linked below

2017-4-14
Use props
patman89
lvl.4
Germany

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-4-14 08:32
For something else to try,  this happened to me when I was using the wrong version of DJI A2 software. Please make sure you are using the most current Assistant 2 software on your computer. uninstall the older version first and install the new one linked below

I just installed the DJI Assistant you mentioned, but the same issue persists. I have tried to update my Mavic serveral times with no success. DJI Assistant got stuck at 57% and the DJI Go App got stuck at 74%. My drone restarts 2 times and then I get an error message "failed to upgrade"
2017-4-14
Use props
fans203f402c
New
United States

Hi,
I am having the same issue when attempting firmware upgrade even with the version of the DJI Assistant indicated above. Failed to upgrade multiple times. Now Gimbal says disconnected and No SD Card installed even with card in place. Initial update was started and failed from the DJI Go 4 App.

2017-4-14
Use props
patman89
lvl.4
Germany

fans203f402c Posted at 2017-4-14 10:19
Hi,
I am having the same issue when attempting firmware upgrade even with the version of the DJI Assistant indicated above. Failed to upgrade multiple times. Now Gimbal says disconnected and No SD Card installed even with card in place. Initial update was started and failed from the DJI Go 4 App.

Same here. Initial Upgrade started with DJI Go 4.0.5 and seemed to be successful. After Upgrading to DJI Go 4.0.6 it tells me FW .0600 is not running and AC needs an update. So I tried again via app with stuck at 74%. Tried again multiple times and got always the same problem. Stuck at 74%, two restarts and no upgrade.

DJI Assistant always get stuck at 57% and causes also two restarts but here I get an error-message and an error-code.

My solution for now: Revert everything to .0550 and uninstalled the DJI Go App v4.0.6 because of the many crashes. I have downloaded the DJI Go 4.0.5 APK and now everything is running fine again.
2017-4-14
Use props
fans8cfa9200
New
Flight distance : 422392 ft

United States

O my DJI mavic Pro God almost lost my DJI. This update is bad news was in beginner mode acted like it was in sport mode lost connection drone started flying by itself would not respond would not respond with the controller please put the app back to normal. Did this nfz limit. Had to grab the Drone and have the wife emergency shut off.
2017-4-14
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans203f402c Posted at 2017-4-14 10:19
Hi,

Really sorry you are having so much trouble. Maybe DJI Ken or Jamie could help with this case. I am not sure why you are getting the error. Normally this procedure works for the stubborn issues

Might try to downgrade the FW like Patman89 did see post #155

All the best
Rich
2017-4-14
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

patman89 Posted at 2017-4-14 11:05
Same here. Initial Upgrade started with DJI Go 4.0.5 and seemed to be successful. After Upgrading to DJI Go 4.0.6 it tells me FW .0600 is not running and AC needs an update. So I tried again via app with stuck at 74%. Tried again multiple times and got always the same problem. Stuck at 74%, two restarts and no upgrade.

DJI Assistant always get stuck at 57% and causes also two restarts but here I get an error-message and an error-code.

Patman89, I am glad you were able to get this back by downgrading the FW. This is the first time I have seen this problem, usually the suggested procedure works.

I hope that DJI mod's   Ken or Jamie can help clear this one up for us

All the best
Rich
2017-4-14
Use props
fansbb08b669
New
Flight distance : 85528 ft
Australia

Hi All,

I am having the same problem too.  Tried everything, using DJI assistant 2, via the app, tried rolling back to version .550 and even .0400.  Nothing works, been trying for a couple of days now.

Even when I rollded back to 0.550 and took a flight, the Mavic was not acting right.  Automatic take off when to well above 3m and I struggled to bring it down, hold to hold down on the stick for what seemed like ages before the Mavic descended.  Was really worried it wouldn't stop going up.  After that I brought it in to try and Calibrate it using DJI assistant 2 but no lick there.  Says I need to restart the mavic because a frame alignment error.

Anyone managed to solve any of these issue?
2017-4-14
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

fans8cfa9200 Posted at 2017-4-14 19:26
O my DJI mavic Pro God almost lost my DJI. This update is bad news was in beginner mode acted like it was in sport mode lost connection drone started flying by itself would not respond would not respond with the controller please put the app back to normal. Did this nfz limit. Had to grab the Drone and have the wife emergency shut off.

After a firmware upgrade, you should check all your settings, and I mean all of them, do a compass calibration outside away from obstacles then check the screen to make sure everything is ok. This is the screen that shows initially that everything is working as it should. Check you are in GPS mode and have plenty of signal, then takeoff and hover until you are told the home point has been set. Anything less than this and you are taking risks particularly if you are a beginner.
2017-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules