New Firmware 2017.04.11
22436 201 2017-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
patman89
lvl.4
Flight distance : 288327 ft
Germany

For everyone who is interested in my progress upgrading my Mavic to  FW .0600 here is an quick update note:

RC is running FW .0600 without any problems. The drone is still unable to upgrade. Always get stuck at 57% via DJI Assistant 2 or 74% via App. But DJI Assistant is giving me the following error code: undefined 0X020106

If anyone is interested in log-files, I have attached mine ;-)

log.zip

30.46 KB, Down times: 7

2017-4-15
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

jeebs-9 Posted at 2017-4-11 09:57
I've seen a lot of android users saying they are having problems with the app crashing. I've even seen a few that either made the ful switch to apple or buy a ipad mini just for their drone (nice move apple lol).

i am one of the pilots that have switched to IOS   ipad mini 4 cellular  from android, samsung tab and multiple phone types and for me the difference is night and day,   IOS has worked correctly every flight so far !   ( OMG thats the kiss of death for that then !  LOL )   i gotta add that i was about to sell the Mavic because i was so frustrated by it not being reliable,  fly properly one day then some gremlin would join in and mess the flight on another day, or app crash or something,  since changing over MY experience has changed dramatically,   cant say it will be the same for all of course.
2017-4-15
Use props
The Doctor
lvl.2
Flight distance : 258186 ft
Sweden

MikeQView Posted at 2017-4-15 11:31
i am one of the pilots that have switched to IOS   ipad mini 4 cellular  from android, samsung tab and multiple phone types and for me the difference is night and day,   IOS has worked correctly every flight so far !   ( OMG thats the kiss of death for that then !  LOL )   i gotta add that i was about to sell the Mavic because i was so frustrated by it not being reliable,  fly properly one day then some gremlin would join in and mess the flight on another day, or app crash or something,  since changing over MY experience has changed dramatically,   cant say it will be the same for all of course.

I couldn't agree more......GO4 on Android was useless for me, constant disconnects and app crashes. Tried reverting to GO3, that was somewhat better, but still had plenty of crashes. Now using IOS the whole experience is completely different.....I can actually fly the Mavic instead of constantly trying to resurrect the Android app.

With all the recent firmware upgrades it would be nice if you could download and store your settings so that they can be uploaded to the new firmware......I'm still trying to get my settings back after upgrading to .600!
2017-4-15
Use props
Morphin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3396 ft
Switzerland

patman89 Posted at 2017-4-15 09:04
For everyone who is interested in my progress upgrading my Mavic to  FW .0600 here is an quick update note:

RC is running FW .0600 without any problems. The drone is still unable to upgrade. Always get stuck at 57% via DJI Assistant 2 or 74% via App. But DJI Assistant is giving me the following error code: undefined 0X020106

Any news for firmware update`?

It is really strange that there are quite a lot of peooples who have firmware update issues

Me too i can update the RC but not the AC (ipad or android or PC)....
I suppose that the new firmware and a production series of mavics is not compatible.

I have also an unknown device ( i suppose an  bootloader device) on the PC. Maybe this is an indication for a changed HW compoment that is responsable for this firmware updates failures of some peoples..
I hope i will get an answer form DJI soon.

I have not a good feeling. The newest Assistnat 2 had not singed driver included for a short time (after i wrote to DJI i suppose the changed the downloadfie to include signed driver).

Distributing non signed driver is a no go today and for me a sign that the whole software distribution and validation needs improvment

Andy
2017-4-16
Use props
quadflyer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 184649 ft
Germany

The Doctor Posted at 2017-4-15 12:51
I couldn't agree more......GO4 on Android was useless for me, constant disconnects and app crashes. Tried reverting to GO3, that was somewhat better, but still had plenty of crashes. Now using IOS the whole experience is completely different.....I can actually fly the Mavic instead of constantly trying to resurrect the Android app.

With all the recent firmware upgrades it would be nice if you could download and store your settings so that they can be uploaded to the new firmware......I'm still trying to get my settings back after upgrading to .600!

I totally agree with you both. I use a ipad mini 2 and it works so much better than my android phone. Really a big difference for me..

greetings..
2017-4-16
Use props
NS68
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5375459 ft
Switzerland

Hello,
I tried to make the update 1.03.0600 but I can't , the upgrading crash at 75% . I send the log at DJI.
Anybody have a problem with this update ???  I can upgrade from 1.03.0400 to 1.03.0550 but not from 1-03.0550 to 1.03.0600

Thank you.
2017-4-17
Use props
Dmitry495
lvl.3
Flight distance : 791194 ft
Russia

Dirk52 Posted at 2017-4-12 08:22
My horizon is way off level after upgrading to .0600. Gimbal calibration doesn't help and manuel correction can't be used becaused the horizon is different in normal and Portrait Mode.Anybody else with this problem?
[view_image]
[view_image]

Yes, I have the same issue. The amount of tilt is 1.0-1.2 and changes a little every time I power on.
2017-4-17
Use props
jh8
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39685 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I had the same issues of the .600 AC FW update failing at 74%. App did not work either, I tried both methods many times. Support suggested to send it in for repair.

I eventually took a chance and just rebooted the drone at 74% (the Mavic LEDs + status on RC looked normal). After it rebooted the update continued from 34% and completed just fine!
2017-4-17
Use props
Dirk52
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Dmitry495 Posted at 2017-4-17 04:37
Yes, I have the same issue. The amount of tilt is 1.0-1.2 and changes a little every time I power on.

Okay, please post your problem also here:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... extra=&mobile=2

Maybe dji can help us with this issue. At the moment I don't want to downgrade when I read about the problems upgrading to 0600.
2017-4-17
Use props
Dmitry495
lvl.3
Flight distance : 791194 ft
Russia

Dirk52 Posted at 2017-4-17 04:53
Okay, please post your problem also here:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=92283&pid=765765&page=1&extra=&mobile=2

Did it. I don't want either
2017-4-17
Use props
jeebs-9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 174262 ft
United States

MikeQView Posted at 2017-4-15 11:31

No.... that just means DJI is in bed with Apple. Force users like you to switch because you hear from other people they have no problems. That's why I think it's sad that DJI would even let this happen. I never had any kind of problems with my S5. But now I join the many who are having trouble. I updated my phone last week. And then I updated my mavic and literally yesterday was my first app crash ever. Never had any problems... Crazy!
2017-4-17
Use props
TullioFN
lvl.1
Brazil

I cant update mine also.... RC updated fine... tried to update the drone ia DJI GO 4 and DJI Assistant around 4 times and it always stops at around 54%

Apparently more ppl have this issue.... any news from DJI????
2017-4-17
Use props
The Doctor
lvl.2
Sweden

quadflyer Posted at 2017-4-16 12:26
I totally agree with you both. I use a ipad mini 2 and it works so much better than my android phone. Really a big difference for me..

greetings..

Decided to give GO4 Android another go since new version (4.0.6) available and new firmware (.600 - I had no trouble updating from .550 using Assistant 2), so everything up to date.....app crashed before I could take off! Eventually got the Mavic in the air but had to give up after 5 mins due to constant disconnects and app crashes. Switched to ipad Air 2 running 4.0.7 and absolutely no problems for remaining battery and another one. The Air 2 is a bit big, but works flawlessly - I know what I'll be using from now on!
2017-4-17
Use props
CharlesD
New

United States

Morphin Posted at 2017-4-16 11:57
Any news for firmware update`?

It is really strange that there are quite a lot of peooples who have firmware update issues

Because this firmware update using the DJI Go app appears to have screwed up the firmware on my AC, I had to install DJI Assistant 2 after disabling signed drivers checking. Not good. At least it now sees the AC but still will not update firmware. Did a clean install of the previous version of the Assistant and it still will not upgrade AC firmware.  
2017-4-17
Use props
patman89
lvl.4
Flight distance : 288327 ft
Germany

The most interesting thing is, that this update is still not listed in the offical post over here:
http://forum.dji.com/thread-67216-1-1.html

I think the update is not for everyone, as someone already mentioned here in this thread.

2017-4-17
Use props
Heavydpj
lvl.2
Flight distance : 611027 ft
United States

Yeah, I have the same problems upgrading.  I've used two different mobile devices (iPhone 7 and iPad Air2) as well as DJI Assistant.  Still no luck on getting the Firmware to update.

FAIL DJI ... FAIL

Feel my pain here:

https://forum.dji.com/thread-92886-1-1.html
2017-4-17
Use props
kave
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1942 ft
Sweden

I packed up my new Mavic today and started the update right away after charging the batteries. I let it stay connected with my ipad Mini 4 for over an hour, still stuck at 0% in the app.
I restarted the Mavic and killed the DJI App. I shut down the remote and started up everything again. DJI App reports everything as up to date.
2017-4-18
Use props
HLew
lvl.2
United States

Updated mine successfully however now I keep receiving a pop up notification that I need to update. LOL lame bug!

Check it out >>>>> https://forum.dji.com/thread-92610-1-1.html
2017-4-18
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

HLew Posted at 2017-4-18 19:20
Updated mine successfully however now I keep receiving a pop up notification that I need to update. LOL lame bug!

Check it out >>>>> https://forum.dji.com/thread-92610-1-1.html

did you use assistant 2 to update your firmware, if yes then use your app to update it again when it asked you (I know it is not right, but it will fix the problem you have)
good luck
2017-4-18
Use props
HLew
lvl.2
United States

hungdang Posted at 2017-4-18 19:36
did you use assistant 2 to update your firmware, if yes then use your app to update it again when it asked you (I know it is not right, but it will fix the problem you have)
good luck

Yes I updated on my computer because I have the P4P+ and the built in screen kept on 0% for hours! I will try your suggestion but I don't think it will work.
By the way I just noticed this is a MAVIC page! Woops {:4_177:}
2017-4-18
Use props
fans6916e6f9
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1790384 ft
Canada

My mavic will fail gimbal calibration in firmware .600 and my gimbal will act glitchy in this firmware.

If I go back to .550 i can calibrate and the gimbal works fine.

2017-4-19
Use props
TullioFN
lvl.1
Brazil

any news from DJI regarding the bugs on firmware 0600 or the problem  that some mavics are suffering? (update going wrong, stopping at 74%) ??????
2017-4-20
Use props
fishelectronics
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6864 ft
Finland

jh8 Posted at 2017-4-17 04:54
I had the same issues of the .600 AC FW update failing at 74%. App did not work either, I tried both methods many times. Support suggested to send it in for repair.

I eventually took a chance and just rebooted the drone at 74% (the Mavic LEDs + status on RC looked normal). After it rebooted the update continued from 34% and completed just fine!

Really?! Support suggested to send it for repair because you can't upgrade?! That's their policy to ask to send for repair without trying to help customers, but I didn't expect they can go so far.... Ridiculous!

I would recommend not to update to .600. I downgraded after read about several crash reports, NFZ problems and other bugs on that FW. There is nothing interesting in .600 actually... Fixed-wing doesn't worth you to lost your bird.
2017-4-21
Use props
jh8
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39685 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Yeah, all I got from support until now with a few issues is first a lot of obvious FAQ's (stuff you most likely already tried) and after that the suggestion to send it to be diagnosed. They do not seem to be very technically skilled. That's OK, but in general not very helpful because sending it back would really be a last resort to me.

BTW: After the initial upgrade I refreshed .600 today and it completed to 100% without issues.
2017-4-21
Use props
ViperBR
lvl.1
Brazil

Same here: DJI Assistant is giving me the following error code: undefined 0X020106
But with this many complaints it´s better keep on 550
2017-4-21
Use props
fansd493a9fe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2061768 ft
United States

Not sure if this has been covered, search is bad in here. It could be a coincidence but since the software update I appear to be having issues with a weak RC signal. Drops to three bars at ~40M altitude and ~40M distance Drops to zero bars at 75-100M altitude.. The RC icon in GO begins flashing. I believe this means interference. I need to test in other locations to validate if it is a location issue, but this didn't happen prior to the upgrade. Have others experienced changes in RC signal performance?
2017-4-21
Use props
The Doctor
lvl.2
Sweden

fansd493a9fe Posted at 2017-4-21 18:01
Not sure if this has been covered, search is bad in here. It could be a coincidence but since the software update I appear to be having issues with a weak RC signal. Drops to three bars at ~40M altitude and ~40M distance Drops to zero bars at 75-100M altitude.. The RC icon in GO begins flashing. I believe this means interference. I need to test in other locations to validate if it is a location issue, but this didn't happen prior to the upgrade. Have others experienced changes in RC signal performance?

I'm not having any RC signal issues......accidentally went to 160m since the update reset my altitude and distance limits (normally 100m and 1000m), still had full RC signal at 160m altitude and at 50m altitude and 750m range. I must be lucky since firmware .600 is rock solid for me.....the precision landing is amazing.....within a few cm of the take off point after flying nearly 2000m!
2017-4-22
Use props
David P
lvl.1
Australia

I am having issues with updating via WiFi and direct USB link to Mavic Pro with latest version - Version 01.03.0600. RF Controller has updated to new version, but Mavic Pro is still at 01.03.0550.
" Upgrade Failed - Error code - 0x64080103 "

Please Advise. Thanks
2017-4-26
Use props
Hup55
New
Canada

I believe this firmware is full of major bugs. After upgrade I kept getting ATTI mode and caused my drone to fly very eratticly, crashed yesterday. Never did this before the upgrade. I had full satellites but it drops while in mid flight.
2017-4-27
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Hup55 Posted at 2017-4-27 06:11
I believe this firmware is full of major bugs. After upgrade I kept getting ATTI mode and caused my drone to fly very eratticly, crashed yesterday. Never did this before the upgrade. I had full satellites but it drops while in mid flight.

If you upload the flight log and the DAT file from the flight and someone here may be able to shed some light on what happened.
2017-4-27
Use props
Exeleon
lvl.1
United States

fishelectronics Posted at 2017-4-21 03:07
Really?! Support suggested to send it for repair because you can't upgrade?! That's their policy to ask to send for repair without trying to help customers, but I didn't expect they can go so far.... Ridiculous!

I would recommend not to update to .600. I downgraded after read about several crash reports, NFZ problems and other bugs on that FW. There is nothing interesting in .600 actually... Fixed-wing doesn't worth you to lost your bird.

This is funny- I had the same problem as others have posted here with the .600 update failing to install. I called DJI they suggested trying to use Assistant2 to perform the update, when that failed, it was just "You have to send it in for repairs". No troubleshooting, no viewing of logs! Whats up with that DJI?
2017-4-28
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

How do you have your ant pointed?  If they are straight up at the Mavic, this may be your issue.
2017-4-28
Use props
dkotinsky
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15096995 ft
  • >>>
United States

just got new mavic, cant update to newest firmware, just to v01.03.0550.  gets stuck at 57%.  using assistant 2 newest version, iphone, ipad pro.  

i tried rubbing hands togther and blowing on them. to no avail.

any updates?  or should i return to store, try to get another one.!
2017-4-28
Use props
Bintryin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 164406 ft
Australia

Well I have rolled mine back to .400
2017-4-28
Use props
David P
lvl.1
Australia

NS68 Posted at 2017-4-17 03:46
Hello,
I tried to make the update 1.03.0600 but I can't , the upgrading crash at 75% . I send the log at DJI.
Anybody have a problem with this update ???  I can upgrade from 1.03.0400 to 1.03.0550 but not from 1-03.0550 to 1.03.0600

Same issue with my Mavic Pro.
2017-4-29
Use props
fans99122a50
lvl.1
Flight distance : 175538 ft
Hong Kong

David P Posted at 2017-4-29 04:38
Same issue with my Mavic Pro.

Dear all,
Same here , can not update the firmware.
I ve got this error message :
<<<Firmware incompatibility detected between some modules and current device. Update your firmware Yes ? / No ?>>>
2017-4-29
Use props
fans30a9cb3b
lvl.2
Belgium

Same here, I get that message about incompatibility and gets stuck at 70%, only on the Mavic, RC works. If I try update trough android it seems to go trough but when rebooting it didnt update.

Pretty disappointed, devices of this price range should have an impeccable support, probably they arent investing enough in research and engineering staff.

DJI Netherlands advised me to send it back but as this problem is so spread, I will wait for the next FW. On .550 everything seems to work OK.

L.
2017-5-7
Use props
Majkdrone
New
Australia

Any idea what is causing the issues? Seems there is some hardware problem?
2017-5-8
Use props
x1m0x
lvl.2
Belgium

Lets all discuss in here:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... mp;page=1#pid791195
2017-5-9
Use props
fans99122a50
lvl.1
Flight distance : 175538 ft
Hong Kong

x1m0x Posted at 2017-5-9 05:54
Lets all discuss in here:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=95581&page=1#pid791195

Hi Guys,
I ve been waiting for a new firmware.
Today, May 11, i ve tried to upgrade to 1.03.0700. However, i am facing exactly the same issues as with 1.03.0600.
I think that i have no choice now to send back the drone to DJI.

Dan
2017-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules