No video signal, no record - Help!
620 4 2017-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
N4LDG
lvl.1
Flight distance : 115 ft
United States

So, I'm having trouble seeing the video feed to my android device, and recording video.  I can still fly the drone without a problem as long as I have a visual on it.  I was using a Samsung Tab S7. Now I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S4 (my cell phone).  I got on a chat with DJI tech support, and was told to refresh the latest firmware and to try another mobile device.  Ok, so I swtiched from my Tab S7 to my cell phone (Galaxy S4) and that seemed to fix part of the problem.  I was able to see video as I flew the P4P, but still had an issue with recording.  When I hit the record, it starts recording but within less than a minute, it stops recording.  Today, I get a video feed at take-off, but then it stops and I get no video feed.  The DJI GO 4 app is VERY DEFECTIVE!  While all this is going on with the app I am still able to tell it to come home, and it does. As for recording video, I can forget that!  Yes I've tried other micro SD cards, yes I've formatted the SD card, and I've changed mobile devices.  What's next? Buy another SD card, buy another mobile device?
Is there another app I can try?  Should I go back to an older firmware? Can I get my money back?  Help?  - Louis
2017-4-11
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try the Litchi app. Also, which Phantom do you have and what version of Android are you using? If you are using the latest version of Android, try rolling back to Android 5 or 6. Also, disable the video cache in DJI app. That might get you a better experience when flying/recording.
2017-4-11
Use props
N4LDG
lvl.1
Flight distance : 115 ft
United States

theGrindLab.com Posted at 2017-4-11 08:37
Try the Litchi app. Also, which Phantom do you have and what version of Android are you using? If you are using the latest version of Android, try rolling back to Android 5 or 6. Also, disable the video cache in DJI app. That might get you a better experience when flying/recording.

I have the Phantom 4 Pro.  The Android is v5.0.1 (my cell), and my Tab S7 is, v5.1.1.
I'm willing to purchase the Litchi App, if I knew for certain it would work.  I'd like to know what mobile device it supports or what it was tested with. I couldn't find that on their website.
2017-4-11
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

N4LDG Posted at 2017-4-11 10:58
I have the Phantom 4 Pro.  The Android is v5.0.1 (my cell), and my Tab S7 is, v5.1.1.
I'm willing to purchase the Litchi App, if I knew for certain it would work.  I'd like to know what mobile device it supports or what it was tested with. I couldn't find that on their website.

Yikes! I haven't heard of anyone having issues like you describe with Android 5 or 6 on fairly recently-released (last couple of years) devices. That really sucks. I have only had serious issues with one of 5 or 6 different Android devices but the one I had issues with was a bottom-of-the-barrel-cheap device I picked up for just a few bucks brand new.

As for Litchi, I cannot guarantee it will work with either of your devices but it's worth the investment even if you only get to use it with a device you get in the future.
2017-4-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

N4LDG Posted at 2017-4-11 10:58

Just to clarify, do you have USB debugging enabled or disabled? Have you ensured that no other programs are needlessly running in the background and that these devices have enough free space on them to run properly? Regarding the recording issue, what kind of SD cards have you tried thus far? Do they have high read/write speeds? As far as devices are concerned, this is a list of the tested compatible Android devices for the Go4 app with the P4P:

Android:
Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 6p, Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, LG V20, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.

iOS is the following:
iPhone 5s, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular.
This app is optimized for iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus.

If it's outside of that list, its compatibility isn't guaranteed. There are a few things that you can try to get it to work, otherwise you would need to look into an alternative device.
2017-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules