Boat: Dynamic RTH position without auto-land
1326 6 2017-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans72c1a1f4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 618307 ft
Austria

I'd like to request, as probably some before me, a dynamic RTH that flies back to where I was when I lost connection.
When filming above the water for the first battery starting from the shore may be OK, but returning every time to shore to switch batteries is not very nice, and most of the times not possible.

I'd like an advanced option in the RTH settings that lets the "home" point update while my phone is moving, and then lets me set a "hover level" or similar where it hovers to be recovered either by regaining connection or by driving to it and grabbing it.
2017-4-11
Use props
Eagle_Eye
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

Set HP to RC.
2017-4-11
Use props
Lesani
lvl.1
Austria

@Eagle_Eye and where might you have found such a setting?
2017-4-11
Use props
Lesani
lvl.1
Austria

Can I assume you mean the "set home point" in the sub menu? where you can select either aircraft or person?

As I understood - and correct me if I'm wrong - that sets the home point "once" - meaning when you press it. so it does not get updated as you yourself move while flying, which is preciesly what I asked for though, quote "... update while my phone is moving..." because driving on a motor boat behind a wind-powered boat usually means I change position and end up 2-3km away from where I started at least
2017-4-11
Use props
Eagle_Eye
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

Advance video to 3:40,
Check this out, hope it makes sense.
2017-4-11
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

At the moment there is no dynamic home point feature, while waiting for DJi to build that feature (you have to have device with good gps in order to use dynamic home point) you can set out of range/lose signal to Hover and smart RTH off.
In case lose signal or low battery your Quady will hover to wait for you to come back to it
2017-4-11
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Philippines

Apparently Litchi provides a dynamic Home Point feature.
2017-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules