Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Midi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5134951 ft
Germany

*Zebra strips at 70% or 100%
*Continuous numbering of files even after format of the sd card
*Firmware update  via the app, maybe the app copies the firmware to the sd card for remote updating
*Manual settings stay manual even after the setting is closed
*imu and compass info in the main monitor window, for fast checking
*2-3 User Presets to quickly switch to preferred video or photo set ( I often do a quick 3 AE bracket photo after the video)

2015-3-1
Use props
bornish
lvl.3
Flight distance : 91447 ft
United Arab Emirates

* Flight planning / Ground Station
* Additional Timeline modes (1 or more frames per second)
* Configurable Stereoscopic pair (aircraft will automatically move left & right a defined distance preserving altitude and orientation of the camera and take 2 snapshots that will form a good quality stereoscopic pair)
... I have much more ideas and the possibilities are endless.
2015-3-1
Use props
gwhiz2k
lvl.3

Canada

* option to use Google Maps in iOS PLEASE! Apple maps is useless where I am allowed to fly...
2015-3-1
Use props
wesdorman
lvl.2

United States

* optional choice to Roll Video Camera on "landing gear up" and Stop recording on "landing gear down"  
* can over-ride at any time, but usually this is the feature I would like.

thanks !!
2015-3-1
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Option to take video and still images at same time please - like the GoPro4 Black - video+Stills every 5seconds auto setting
2015-3-2
Use props
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Waypoints, waypoints, waypoints....Please
2015-3-2
Use props
Prop-Lock Girl
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2419163 ft
Germany

-Idiot-proof firmware update: Download new Firmware on the tablet/phone if WiFi available and let the system do all the Rest.
-Camera lenses with different focal lengths
-Camera "satellite mode". When pointing it to a fixed object, the camera remains pointing to the object even when flying around it. This would allow to record an object from different angles without touching the camera.
-Geofence: You draw a "fence" on the map and the copter will only fly inside that fence. Imagine you draw a fence around some trees and the drone will virtually never hit them!
-Pizza mode: ...oh... sorry... forget this one...
2015-3-2
Use props
vincentlublink.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26170253 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Make a separate camera that is good for foto's!!!! With 20 megapixel or more...
The video camera that is on the Inspire now is almost ok not jet there..., please do not make the megapixel to hi for video, than it Will become a useless camera.

Point of intrest ( free mode ), not only for the pan Bud also on the tilt pleeeeeeeeese......, the same as proplockgirl explaining.
Sorry for My Englisch
2015-3-2
Use props
Markc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1637933 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Programmed photo taking while shooting video, such as one photo every 1, 5, 10 seconds etc
2015-3-2
Use props
Markc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1637933 ft
  • >>>
Australia

wesdorman@gmail Posted at 2015-3-2 13:31
* optional choice to Roll Video Camera on "landing gear up" and Stop recording on "landing gear down ...

Great idea
2015-3-2
Use props
bubo_bubo
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Yes agree to many / all of the above but mostly

Videos and stills at same time
Waypoints
Simplify firmware process

Speed and flight path info in flight records
2015-3-2
Use props
Christian
lvl.2

Germany

@Midi:

*Manual settings stay manual even after the setting is closed
Open settings, choose manual an then slide left/right to hide the manual tab and keep it manual. It works, but takes me also some days to find this feature
2015-3-2
Use props
Luinil
lvl.2

United States

All of the above plus
Ability to cache multiple maps of different areas prior to leaving home. Many of the places I shoot have no cell or wireless access.
Remember settings in the app when you quit.
Ability to markup and annotate manuals.
Ability to add your own files to the academy. This would be a great place to store pre flight checklists.
Ability rearrange, hide and delete files in the academy.
Import waypoints from other app.
2015-3-2
Use props
skyvideoct
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1136230 ft
United States

First, I use a pair of Nexus 7s for my flights, both running v5.02. Second, I have been using Android since the first Droid phone release.
Now for an important wishlist item. I have used Google "tracks" for many trips on many vehicles over the past 2+ years. My favorite is on my snowmobile in the wayback areas of ME. I cache the maps and when I'm done get an abundance of data that I can capture and store on my Google account. This data captures location in short intervals (selectable), speed, elevation, etc. and graphs all as you wish.

I look at the "route" as displayed on the map in the Pilot app and wish I could export the data and analyze my flight  for speed, elevation, location @ 2 sec intervals, and be able to view as I do the "my tracks data" on Google. I tried to attach a "kml" file from a snowmobile run, but the forum would not allow it. So I'll try this png from a screen shot instead. Cool stuff.. If opened in Google Earth, a wealth of information is available that we would all love to see after a flight.

The option to save the route to Google for opening in Google Earth is the best since all of the data can be viewed and analysed.

Jay
post GE track.jpg
2015-3-5
Use props
Midi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5134951 ft
Germany

Christian Posted at 2015-3-3 06:11
@Midi:

Open settings, choose manual an then slide left/right to hide the manual tab and keep it ma ...

Doesn't it go back to automatic when you close the settings?
2015-3-5
Use props
bolwerk.arnold
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12238 ft
Germany

Feature of adjusting the max. speed of the I1 (have not found it yet).
2015-3-23
Use props
delas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1372287 ft
Greece

vincentlublink. Posted at 2015-3-3 05:24
Make a separate camera that is good for foto's!!!! With 20 megapixel or more...
The video camera tha ...

I totally agree with you Vincent, a new camera by dji would be a blast!
Come on dji!!! You gave us the best flying machine with a prosumer's camera.... Give us a proper photo camera or the ability to hang a mirror-less. Pleeeeeaseee!!!!
2015-3-23
Use props
will.rowland
lvl.1
United States

New user (Hi!), but my early wishlist:

- That changes to the camera settings (mov/mp4, NTSC/PAL) would save and work properly.
- That turning off the battery (which seems to take a shutdown sequence) would be smart enough to shut off video to avoid corruptions.
- Fix the bugs that have me almost too nervous to take her up (although other than a short compass loss one time after takeoff, I've had no major issues)..
2015-3-23
Use props
Theo ter Haar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20730951 ft
Netherlands

Prop-Lock Girl Posted at 2015-3-3 05:11
-Idiot-proof firmware update: Download new Firmware on the tablet/phone if WiFi available and let th ...

Thats where the IOC comes in (not supported yet) .
Lasts way to long btw.
2015-4-13
Use props
outzsd
lvl.1

United States

1. Waypoints
2. POI, Like I had with my Wookong and A2

Love the Inspire but was not happy with the way these were advertised and then not available.
2015-4-13
Use props
npienaar
New

South Africa

My wish list:-
1 - A camera ZOOM function will be great. A digital zoom function will be good enough thow. The zoom can be performed an per normal on the ipad ("pulling" the screen with your fingers) I do realise that the recording will still be NORMAL view.
2 - An 25 fps option on the Inspire 1 as most vedeocams/handicams take at 25 fps thus it is not so easy to MIX these videos with that of the inspire 1. I'm using POWERDIRECTOR 13  as a video editor and the programme  except the video but have to convert and in the porcess quality is sacrificed.
2015-4-25
Use props
roland.eiselt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 37198 ft
Germany

npienaar Posted at 2015-4-26 04:29
My wish list:-
1 - A camera ZOOM function will be great. A digital zoom function will be good enough ...

npienaar: Where you are from? My I1 has the 25fps-option - bought in Germany.

I would like to have the possibility controlling the batteries with the App directly without the necessity to install them in the I1.
2015-4-26
Use props
vincentlublink.
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

i think a view of u know this already
A gimbal for the inspire and then put a camera sony RX 100-3 or 100-4 on it, it's coming soon, i did talk to whit them over email, also from the netherlands like me.
it's great when it comes (soon, sounds like DJI :-) ), with a lot of functions ,zoom, shutter,exposure setting, etc.
I hope it wil come soon, not cheap i think.
Let's see how the gimbal will behave under the Inspire! to bad that dji is not comming with a gimbal like that...
2015-9-5
Use props
vincentlublink.
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

oh man, tis is going to give a lot off angry people....
did the upgrade to poi version.. and waypoint....
you really have to fly you're waypoint route to record the waypoints!!!
then after that you have saved the floret your did just do in real!! not simulated, then when you are ready you can let the machine fly the waypoints!!! pfff you battery wil be 50% empty before really fly your waypoint route!!!
the poi is ok the only thing you can do when it's fling it's waypoint is to just the up down, notting else!
for the rest, the machine fly better, at least it feels it fly better, it keeps it's hight level a lot better.
i talk about Inspire!
ok have fun to find out everyting.
to get the functions, switch your switch to F and then everything comes up...
fly safe, first time fly, take a open field to test, have fun fly safe...
sorry for my english
2015-9-7
Use props
henry
New
Flight distance : 11752 ft
United States

Wish.  Ability to store the app cache, or the entire app, on the smart card.  Not system memory.
2016-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules