My CinemaDNG and Apple ProRes Licenses Vanished. Help!!
2476 18 2017-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DeanESmithMD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3483727 ft
  • >>>
United States

I purchased the Inspire 2 Premium Combo with the CinemaDNG and Apple ProRes licenses. I had to send the Inspire 2 back to DJI for a broken motor. When the Inspire 2 was sent back to me the preinstalled Licenses were no longer present. Now I can't figure out how to get the license back on the Inspire 2. I have talked to the technical support and they tell me to talk to the sales support. Anybody have any ideas. It's the same Inspire 2 that I always have had and that had a license when this all started.
2017-4-11
Use props
Daroga
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have you tried reapplying the licenses using the DJI Assistant 2?
2017-4-11
Use props
DeanESmithMD
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Daroga Posted at 2017-4-11 17:00
Have you tried reapplying the licenses using the DJI Assistant 2?

Yes. DJI says that I shouild use the Assistant 2 App. On the App where my license was there is no license. I don't even see a place to put in a code. I got my license preinstalled when I bought the drone and I don"t have a code and even if I did I don't see a place to put in a code. Any other idea's. Thanks for taking the time to help.
2017-4-11
Use props
Daroga
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DeanESmithMD Posted at 2017-4-11 17:29
Yes. DJI says that I shouild use the Assistant 2 App. On the App where my license was there is no license. I don't even see a place to put in a code. I got my license preinstalled when I bought the drone and I don"t have a code and even if I did I don't see a place to put in a code. Any other idea's. Thanks for taking the time to help.

I suggest that you report the issue back to DJI Support with your support case number, original purchase info, etc. They should be able to direct you to the correct folks at DJI to get your keys reactivated on your aircraft.

Sorry for your issue!
2017-4-11
Use props
DeanESmithMD
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Daroga Posted at 2017-4-11 18:48
I suggest that you report the issue back to DJI Support with your support case number, original purchase info, etc. They should be able to direct you to the correct folks at DJI to get your keys reactivated on your aircraft.

Sorry for your issue!

I have contacted DJI Technical support over the course of several weeks and they finally said that they could not help and that I should contact after sales support. I have probably sent 50 emails and called 20 times. They don't seem to be able to help me.

I bought the Inspire 2 Premium combo and it came loaded with the DNG and ProRes key. I can't reload the key because it came preloaded.

I am sure somebody must know how to get the license onto a Premium Combo Inpsire 2.

Any Idea who I could contact?

If anybody knows somebody at DJI I can contact I would be very Appreciative.
2017-4-16
Use props
Daroga
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DeanESmithMD Posted at 2017-4-16 19:47
I have contacted DJI Technical support over the course of several weeks and they finally said that they could not help and that I should contact after sales support. I have probably sent 50 emails and called 20 times. They don't seem to be able to help me.

I bought the Inspire 2 Premium combo and it came loaded with the DNG and ProRes key. I can't reload the key because it came preloaded.

Sorry for the poor advice and total lack of support. Perhaps shoot an email to onlinesales@dji.com and see if anyone there can unlock the keys to the kingdom. It really shouldn't be this difficult!
2017-4-17
Use props
fans27185e09
lvl.2
Flight distance : 30253 ft
Sweden

For me, it also vanished. But it was from one day to the other. Do you have those dollar signs next to the format on both? What I did was resetting the camera settings, went to the section where you can switch between PAL and NTSC, switch one time to the one you are not using, restart your controller and bird, see if its available. If not, switch back to your preferred local one, and redo the procedure. Once its working, switch to the one you're using.

This worked for me.
2017-4-20
Use props
DeanESmithMD
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

fans27185e09 Posted at 2017-4-20 04:07
For me, it also vanished. But it was from one day to the other. Do you have those dollar signs next to the format on both? What I did was resetting the camera settings, went to the section where you can switch between PAL and NTSC, switch one time to the one you are not using, restart your controller and bird, see if its available. If not, switch back to your preferred local one, and redo the procedure. Once its working, switch to the one you're using.

This worked for me.

Thanks for the help.I gave it a try but unfortunately it didn't work for me.

I am amazed that DJI doesn't have a some method to deal with this situation. I have contacted every department I can think of at DJI. I even videotaped it and sent them a video of what was going on.

It's like my licenses just disappeared and I can't find anyone at DJI that seems to care or know what to do. I just keep calling them and emailing them and sending them videos.

I think I'm just going to send it back to the service center and see what they can do.

If anyone has any other ideas please let me know. Thanks again and I certainly appreciate everyone's help.
2017-4-20
Use props
fans27185e09
lvl.2
Flight distance : 30253 ft
Sweden

DeanESmithMD Posted at 2017-4-20 17:00

I am amazed that DJI doesn't have a some method to deal with this situation. I have contacted every department I can think of at DJI. I even videotaped it and sent them a video of what was going on.

Sorry to hear that. You have the premium combo, right? Last thing I can think of is to refresh the latest firmware upgrade, if that doesnt work, try reinstalling your dji go 4 app. Otherwise, send it so they can fix it, its on them anyways!

Good luck man, hope the problem will be solved for you!
2017-4-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

DeanESmithMD Posted at 2017-4-20 17:00

Could you please provide your case number so I can look into it?
2017-4-20
Use props
DeanESmithMD
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-20 20:21
Could you please provide your case number so I can look into it?

#410910  Thanks for the help!!!!
2017-4-25
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

DeanESmithMD Posted at 2017-4-25 19:18
#410910  Thanks for the help!!!!

I'm PMing you some follow up questions just to make sure I'm looking at the right cases.
2017-4-26
Use props
DeanESmithMD
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-26 07:01
I'm PMing you some follow up questions just to make sure I'm looking at the right cases.

#498367  I am in El Paso Texas US. Maybe this is the number. I have written so many times its hard to know. Thanks for your help.
2017-4-27
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

DeanESmithMD Posted at 2017-4-27 13:56
#498367  I am in El Paso Texas US. Maybe this is the number. I have written so many times its hard to know. Thanks for your help.

I did send you a PM to get some information that should help move things along.
2017-4-28
Use props
john s
lvl.1
United States

This happened to me . w recked my I2 the first time flying ND AFTER RECIEVING IT BACK FORM DJI REPAIR . I think they sent another copter to me . I have tried twice to get this taken care of . after a month I have not received the email promised from service telling me how to put it in the copter I now have its been a month since the last contact and a month and a half from my first request , both sent the same message ....they have forwarded my request to the proper department, and I have never heard from them since. I am retired and it took all I could come up with just to buy the I2  and extras. I paid for I2  and I have a I2, I paid for the pro rez key but I don't have the prorez on my I2.  I really don't like thieves and for a company to steal $499 from me just sets me off. I have 18 drones and all are either dji and a cople are different bodies but they are with dji parts and controllers, I  think I HAVE BEEN DOING BUSINESS WITH THE WRONG COMPANY.

2017-5-1
Use props
DeanESmithMD
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

john  s Posted at 2017-5-1 16:46
This happened to me . w recked my I2 the first time flying ND AFTER RECIEVING IT BACK FORM DJI REPAIR . I think they sent another copter to me . I have tried twice to get this taken care of . after a month I have not received the email promised from service telling me how to put it in the copter I now have its been a month since the last contact and a month and a half from my first request , both sent the same message ....they have forwarded my request to the proper department, and I have never heard from them since. I am retired and it took all I could come up with just to buy the I2  and extras. I paid for I2  and I have a I2, I paid for the pro rez key but I don't have the prorez on my I2.  I really don't like thieves and for a company to steal $499 from me just sets me off. I have 18 drones and all are either dji and a cople are different bodies but they are with dji parts and controllers, I  think I HAVE BEEN DOING BUSINESS WITH THE WRONG COMPANY.

Wow.  I lost both licenses so I don't want to buy two new licenses. Its now been about two months and I have not made any headway.  I don't want to buy another license not only because of the money but they can just vanish at anytime with no way to get the license returned.
2017-5-2
Use props
john s
lvl.1
United States

I would really be sick if I had paid for both licenses, which I almost did. I only bought  the pro res and still don't understand how this is possible to loose the license when it was in the copter I sent in for repair,but wasn't loaded back into the copter I received back from dji repair, I have never been treated like this from a company. And one I have given so much business to.
2017-5-4
Use props
fansba3b7009
lvl.4
Flight distance : 314908 ft
  • >>>
Austria

can you try this...switch ssd on so it tells you you have to pay and  then do a restart and check if it works again
2017-5-4
Use props
john s
lvl.1
United States

WOW I just received a call from DJI and they have reset mine for the pro rez, and sent the code  to my email and I now have it back into my I2. They are once again my favorite company. I think they are just back logged is why it took so long, I had already given up, this was a totally surprise phone call, and I am as happy as I can be.  Thank you DJI
2017-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules