Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 4 Pro camera angled to the left? (Solved)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Has anyone else noticed the new Phantom 4 Pro camera is pointed to the left of center 6 degrees or so. I have done all the calibrations IMU, gimbal ect... but it does not go away.  I have seen a couple of others on YouTube but they have not provided a solution to the issue.

I just got the drone from Best Buy and had it about 3-4 weeks. The first one went back because the gimbal was making noise at start up and would not hold center.  This one fly's great and the camera is very nice so far.  Yes, I am running the latest FW and everything seems to be good in the Go 4 App

Thanks for any help you might have for me

Rich
2017-4-11
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

No, if the gimbal is operating correctly and the craft and gimbal is calibrated correctly, the camera should be level on power-up. IMU calibration first, then Gimbal calibration second. If it wont sit horizontal after successful calibration of a perfectly flat surface, then there may be an issue.

Otherwise, if you mean the camera is leaning when powered down, that's normal because of the lop-sided design of the gimbal.
2017-4-11
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-4-11 21:32
No, if the gimbal is operating correctly and the craft and gimbal is calibrated correctly, the camera should be level on power-up. IMU calibration first, then Gimbal calibration second. If it wont sit horizontal after successful calibration of a perfectly flat surface, then there may be an issue.

Otherwise, if you mean the camera is leaning when powered down, that's normal because of the lop-sided design of the gimbal.

Nice comments and thank you.

Yes, the camera is aiming to the left of center after a successful IMU calibration first and then the camera gimbal calibration second.  When you turn on the P4P the start up calibration of the camera is normal and then drifts to the left of center.  I think that this happened after the last FW update.  

I was hoping that a easy user adjustment .....  from someone with P4P experience or a DJI mod could provide a suggestion.

Anyway it is not looking good and might need to go back for repairs or exchange.

Rich
2017-4-12
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Update
New firmware 01.03.0509, April 12th  seem to solve the problem with the camera centering in my case.  After I finished the camera gimbal calibration the camera is now centered as it should be.

I hope this helps others that have seen this problem too

Rich
2017-4-12
Use props
method007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-4-12 12:03
Update
New firmware 01.03.0509, April 12th  seem to solve the problem with the camera centering in my case.  After I finished the camera gimbal calibration the camera is now centered as it should be.

That's great to hear while also being extremely odd.
2017-4-12
Use props
betonven
lvl.2
United States

I just noticed the same thing in my P4P, as I looked for that when I read your thread. Funny thing is that I completed my today's firmware update. Sadly, I'm not sure whether it was like this before or not  (the aiming is very slight, almost negligible but existing). I did both IMU and gimbal calibrations after the update.

I wouldn't say it's 6 degrees, I'd say more like 2-3 or even less. But you can see it with your eye. Isn't there any manual calibration method (trim)?
2017-4-12
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

betonven Posted at 2017-4-12 13:13
I just noticed the same thing in my P4P, as I looked for that when I read your thread. Funny thing is that I completed my today's firmware update. Sadly, I'm not sure whether it was like this before or not  (the aiming is very slight, almost negligible but existing). I did both IMU and gimbal calibrations after the update.

I wouldn't say it's 6 degrees, I'd say more like 2-3 or even less. But you can see it with your eye. Isn't there any manual calibration method (trim)?

okay, I pulled out my OSMO and did a quick video showing the results after the new .0509 FW update.

I hope this helps and if you have any questions let me know

Rich

2017-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules