Here Maps > Google Maps
2486 8 2017-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Goldchucker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 512 ft
United States

Is it possible to repalce the Here Maps on the DJI go app to Google Maps without rooting my Nvivia Shield K1?  I don't care for the Here Map at all.

Thank you,
Chuck
2017-4-11
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Chuck,

Sorry, but they are here for the duration of the contract they have with DJI.  I noticed that if I download the Here WeGo app and keep it updated, my map display seems to work a bit better.  It may not work for everybody though.  If it does not work well, just uninstall it.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-4-11
Use props
Betamace
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2133 ft
United States

Get Litchi
2017-4-12
Use props
WilliamM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

Yes same here, use Litchi. But I also use the Go app with the Here maps, I really don't understand all the fuss people make about it. Are Google maps better, yes. Are the Here maps good enough for a drone app, yes again. It's only used to get your bearings, and general location. If you really need to know your right over a newly built area, just switch over to FPV and look.
2017-4-12
Use props
Devildog9999
lvl.3
Flight distance : 73865 ft
United States

Go maps do work for some people.  For others it is nothing but cloud cover a.k.a. useless.
2017-4-13
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

There seems to be a comment here that downloading Here app will improve it ... No.

Sorry ... I have the Here map app with all the maps and photo imaging etc. The DJI Go app cannot use the Here App in any form except the 'free via internet' maps that are old inventory.

You cannot even substitute the later 'paid' Here maps for the Go app downloaded maps.

Same is true for Google in fact ... you can download the standalone Google map app ... but Litchi and all else will ignore it and only use the internet based.

Nigel
2017-4-13
Use props
Goldchucker
lvl.4
United States

Hi solentlife:

Thank you for your input.  Please explain, if you will, what you mean by "internet based".  

Thank you,
Chuck
2017-4-13
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Internet based .... I mean the maps you cache from the internet when connected to home WiFi.  

Nigel
2017-4-13
Use props
Goldchucker
lvl.4
United States

solentlife Posted at 2017-4-13 22:42
Internet based .... I mean the maps you cache from the internet when connected to home WiFi.  

Nigel

Thank you.

Chuck
2017-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules