FINALLY GOT NEW UPDATE TO TAKE - WHAT I DID
1372 2 2015-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rfrye
lvl.4
Flight distance : 309606 ft
United States

Last Friday I saw the firmware upgrade notice come in.
I downloaded the firmware updated zip file, immediately.

Saturday I tried numerous times to install the upgrade as instructed even though my app said I was on the latest firmware (of which I wasn't)
I called DJI Help Line and the guy said I was "good-to-go" since my app said I was on the latest firmware. I did not believe this advice.

Sunday, still persistent to try to install the new firmware, I concentrated on what Dundee and arunmetha prescribed for their update procedures.

No luck with either procedure.

THEN - I deleted the new firmware zip file I had downloaded on Friday and started all over.
I reformatted my SD card to clear the card of the Friday download.

I re-download the zip file from DJI and moved it to the root directory of my reformatted and clean SD card.

I then deleted all files on this SD card except the WM610_FW_V01.02.0017 (bin)

I reviewed both Dundee's and arunmetha's methods and proceeded to install.

It "took" on both the craft and the remote. It gave me all the updated versions I was missing.
I checked the critical settings and they all stayed as previously set.

I checked the IMU and it needs recalibrated before I fly tomorrow.
(prior to new firmware install IMU had shown within tolerances - SO, be sure to check your IMU after updating.

What are the chances DJI changed this new firmware build after releasing it Friday morning?
(since my second download worked)

Tell me what you think.

2015-3-1
Use props
CrabHawk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7782 ft
  • >>>
United States

That is perplexing why would it not work one night then the next it would work fine?
I put the update .bin file ONLY on the sd and put it in the camera WITHOUT starting up TX (At least after I started the bird up to take out of transport mode then turned everything off) and then ONLY start up bird I didn't touch the TX. The bird took 6 minutes THEN I Took the success file off of the sd card and put it into a thumb drive with ONLY the .bin file and put the USB Thumbdrive in turned on the TX only and 5 minutes later everything was Awesome.
2015-3-1
Use props
rfrye
lvl.4
Flight distance : 309606 ft
United States

CrabHawk Posted at 2015-3-2 10:45
That is perplexing why would it not work one night then the next it would work fine?
I put the updat ...

When did you download your zip file? Day and hour?
2015-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules