New DJI GO 4 Update, couple questions. (iOS)
1144 3 2017-4-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rhidz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 559616 ft
United Kingdom

This probably sounds silly to most of you, but there was a new update today for the iOS platform and it says in the change log for the Mavic has added fixed-wing mode? Is there anywhere I can find more infomation on this new mode, and am I safe to fly with this new app update, I've just read storys about firmware updates and whatnot causing problems and I'm not sure if that could be a possibility with updates to the GO 4 app?
I'm a new drone consumer, I just got my Mavic yesterday and I'm probably being over paranoid.

I'll paste the iOS change log below if anyone's curious to see.

What's New in Version 4.0.7
Mavic Pro (with version 01.03.0600 firmware):
-Added Fixed-Wing Mode.
Editor:
-Added support for tutorials
-Added support for importing music from iTunes.
-Added support for adding photos as footage in your videos.
-Added four transition effects and six opening scenes that will allow your work to stand out in social media.
General:
-Added Find My Drone in the pull-down menu on the home page, which allows to locate your drone based on its current or last known location on a map.
-Added support for displaying your mobile device's battery level in Full Screen Mode.
-Added warnings for RTH altitude in the One-Tap RTH function.
-Added a function to verify your purchase when activating your aircraft.
-Added support for checking flight restriction zone maps in the pull-down menu on the home page.
-Fixed bugs that occasionally set off activation warnings on screen.
-Optimized RTH warning in Flight Restriction Zones.
-Optimized Unlock feature for Authorization Zones.

2017-4-12
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Fixed-Wing mode is described on page 22 of the latest version of the Mavic's user manual.

am I safe to fly with this new app update

Probably so. I haven't yet seen any reports of any significant problems with the new firmware release.
2017-4-12
Use props
Rhidz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 559616 ft
United Kingdom

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-4-12 04:34
Fixed-Wing mode is described on page 22 of the latest version of the Mavic's user manual.

am I safe to fly with this new app update

Thanks for linking that, I did read through before I owned the drone but I definitely will be saving it locally now that I own a Mavic myself, and go through it thoroughly.

I won't lie, I have been watching tons of videos about Mavic and flying practices in general. I should've read the manual once again yesterday when I received it, but I was like a child at Christmas.

Gonna read over the manual thoroughly right now!

Thanks again!
2017-4-12
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Rhidz Posted at 2017-4-12 04:45
Thanks for linking that, I did read through before I owned the drone but I definitely will be saving it locally now that I own a Mavic myself, and go through it thoroughly.

I won't lie, I have been watching tons of videos about Mavic and flying practices in general. I should've read the manual once again yesterday when I received it, but I was like a child at Christmas.

No problem; I have no intention of reading the manual every time it's updated, and I doubt anyone who's honest would claim otherwise. And watching videos is a good idea because you can actually learn a lot -- mostly about what not to do -- that isn't in any manual.
2017-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules