Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Get spare parts directly from DJI
975 6 2017-4-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
patman89
lvl.4
Flight distance : 288327 ft
Germany

Hi,

after a few days of flight I found a little damage caused by an manufacturing fault. One screw may have been tighten to hard and the cable-protector at the gimbal has a crack. This is not a big issue and I don't want to send in my Mavic for a longer time. This fault can be fixed easily by myself - hence this are only two screws and a little plastic/metal to change. Anyone knows if it is possible to get this as a spare-part from DJI to fix this without the weeks-long warranty process?

regards,
patman89
2017-4-12
Use props
bunny too
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13442 ft
United States

That is a known issue with many gimbals, I do not know if you can get a part from DJI; I just pretend it is not there.
Regards,
-d.
2017-4-12
Use props
patman89
lvl.4
Germany

The main reason why I want to fix this by myself is because I am a bit worry they change the whole gimbal unit. But my camera is razor sharp and without any issues. I'm afraid to loose it and get one of that unsharp models, some of you complain about :-S

And of course it will take me at least tree weeks to get this fixed if I send it to DJI - I can do this within a minute by myself.
2017-4-12
Use props
bunny too
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13442 ft
United States

patman89 Posted at 2017-4-12 05:01
The main reason why I want to fix this by myself is because I am a bit worry they change the whole gimbal unit. But my camera is razor sharp and without any issues. I'm afraid to loose it and get one of that unsharp models, some of you complain about :-S

And of course it will take me at least tree weeks to get this fixed if I send it to DJI - I can do this within a minute by myself.

I understand you not wanting to send it in, I just would not mess with it until you need to, you say everything works great.  I know the crack is unsightly but it is not a pressure vessel and I do not think it will get worse or adversely affect the drone.  I would just be more concerned that I may make it worse.
Regards,
-d
2017-4-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi patman89, if you don't want to send it in, you could try to get in touch with our recommended service center in Germany to see if they can assist you.
Here is the link for your reference. http://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers
2017-4-13
Use props
patman89
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-4-13 02:06
Hi patman89, if you don't want to send it in, you could try to get in touch with our recommended service center in Germany to see if they can assist you.
Here is the link for your reference. http://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers

Thank you for your advice. I will contact the repaircenter next to me :-)
2017-4-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

patman89 Posted at 2017-4-14 10:57
Thank you for your advice. I will contact the repaircenter next to me :-)

No problem. :-)
2017-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules