Blue stripes on video feed on iPhone.
798 5 2017-4-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans3852f831
New
Flight distance : 3911 ft
Denmark

I have a very bad image quality in the live view, in the DJI GO app. I doesn't matter if the drone is near or far. The drone has the latest firmware. The image quality on the recordings is perfect, so it's only the live feed from the drone there's problematic. Sometimes it's nearly impossible to se what's going on. I've included a video of the problem. What seems to be wrong?
2017-4-12
Use props
fans3852f831
New
Denmark

Woops - here's a video of the problem
2017-4-12
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

What device are you using? It sorta looks like the device's graphics card can't handle the video.

Here's some info I just posted to another thread with video downlink issues, maybe something in here will help if your device is on DJI's supported list:

The Downlink video stream can be adjusted in the Go 4 app as needed. For instance, you can choose to display standard video on your phone rather than HD video, which requires more bandwidth and a better quality radio signal. You can also see whether your location is prone to radio interference, and you can even throttle the downlink video stream to try and compensate.

Hope some of this helps.

2017-4-12
Use props
fans3852f831
New
Denmark

Tanks for the reply! i'm using an iPhone 7 plus. I tried to switch from Normal to HD mode. It actually worked, and I got a clear image. Unfortunately it only worked for 2 min. Everytime a switch between the modes I get a clear image for approx. 2 min. and then the stripes returns.
I have flewn in 4 different locations up until now, and I get downlink stream, like in the video i posted, everytime. And it's constant.
2017-4-12
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

fans3852f831 Posted at 2017-4-12 11:48
Tanks for the reply! i'm using an iPhone 7 plus. I tried to switch from Normal to HD mode. It actually worked, and I got a clear image. Unfortunately it only worked for 2 min. Everytime a switch between the modes I get a clear image for approx. 2 min. and then the stripes returns.
I have flewn in 4 different locations up until now, and I get downlink stream, like in the video i posted, everytime. And it's constant.

Weird. I fly with Normal downlink video on my iPhone 7. Assume you are using the latest Go 4 app and iOS?

I'd reboot the iPhone, force close all open apps after restarting and and see if that helps at all. If not, I'd next replace the lightning cable by completely unplugging the one that came with the Mavic and use the bottom-mounted USB port in the RC with the cable that came with your phone.

If still no love, I'd borrow someone else's iPhone and see it the problem persists. If it does, then it's likely to be a hardware problem somewhere upstream.

Good luck!
2017-4-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans3852f831 Posted at 2017-4-12 11:48

You can also try to delete/reinstall the app.
And try other devices and USB cables with the bottom port. If it's still the same then you may have to send it in for evaluation.
2017-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules