Bad gimbal connection / Encoder Error 0x400000
4126 7 2017-4-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gmanthegman
lvl.2
United States

Hi, folks!

I did 5 successful flights on my I-2 and some ground filming.

Suddenly, "Air Encoder Error 0x400000" message appeared in the overall status bar.It was weird, as everything worked fine, the drone even let me take off and make some videos.

I tried everything: reloading the latest firmware, reattaching the accessories.

Eventually I found out that "0x40000" Error is somehow related to the camera (module inside the drone) and re-mounting the X5S camera solves the problem. When the gimbal was somehow mounted in the wrong way, I once experienced no signal from X5S. The whole process of fitting the X5S camera to the gimbal connector almost seems like disarming the bomb, especially on set/realistic conditions. I noticed that the lock needs to make a vivid "click" sound (not holding the release button before the lock icon) to make sure it's installed properly.

Did anybody have issues like mine?

P.S. the drone has been exploited with caution, using all DJI manuals.

2017-4-12
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

It's always recommended to ensure that your gimbal is completely secured to the gimbal. As you've found, this error message is common when the camera is unable to be read completely by the aircraft. Should you continue to have this error message even after reinstalling the camera and ensuring the contacts are clean and in tact, however, then sending the unit infor service would be needed.
2017-4-12
Use props
gmanthegman
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-12 15:29
It's always recommended to ensure that your gimbal is completely secured to the gimbal. As you've found, this error message is common when the camera is unable to be read completely by the aircraft. Should you continue to have this error message even after reinstalling the camera and ensuring the contacts are clean and in tact, however, then sending the unit infor service would be needed.

Hi!

Thank you for response.
I made another flight, so far so good.
2017-4-12
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

gmanthegman Posted at 2017-4-12 15:51
Hi!

Thank you for response.

Good to hear!
2017-4-12
Use props
DroningLR
New
Argentina

Hi. how did you solve the problem? Air encoder error (0x400000)
2017-10-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

DroningLR Posted at 2017-10-18 14:19
Hi. how did you solve the problem? Air encoder error (0x400000)

Have replied your new thread, any update, please keep me posted there, thanks.
2017-10-19
Use props
cochrancamera
lvl.1
United States

Having this issue now with my cendence controller as master and original controller as the slave. i can move the camera, just no image coming down stream. When I hook up my original controller with the I2 it works perfectly. Any ideas?
2020-2-13
Use props
pjblackbird
lvl.1
Flight distance : 569416 ft
  • >>>
United States

cochrancamera Posted at 2-13 16:06
Having this issue now with my cendence controller as master and original controller as the slave. i can move the camera, just no image coming down stream. When I hook up my original controller with the I2 it works perfectly. Any ideas?

I have exactly the same issue - video downlink is working with the original Remote as master but not with the Cadence controller involved
2020-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules