Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Someone was flying...
1234Next >
7509 128 2017-4-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
blunt_blunt
Ban Posts

Australia

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-4-15
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

I can see you feel strongly then.  Enough said.
2017-4-15
Use props
Thudd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1624787 ft
United States

blunt_blunt Posted at 2017-4-15 16:52
Not only turning the mavic over to the fuzz, but actively helping the pigs to make a connection between the owner and the mavic by showing the pigs how to access stored data.
Makes you wonder what sort of miserable pathetic people there are in this remarkable world.
Good suggestion Maclak, like a self destruct button, but would you trust DJI app makers with this? hehehe

Wow. Fuzz, pigs?  A little harsh on the cops there guy.  Totally 60s terms.
2017-4-15
Use props
Dmitry495
lvl.3
Flight distance : 791194 ft
Russia

Inspire_Max Posted at 2017-4-12 13:35
For everybody:

here in Italy we have some regulations for flying drones:

Hey Dude, you don't have to be  an a...s h...le in this situation, unless you actually hope the drone owner will not identify himself (not willing to be sued) and the AC becomes yours. However, if you really hope for that I probably do not have accepted in this forum words that can outline your personality. Do you always follow to the last letter of law when go to other places to fly? Or you just "hurt" that someone flew in your town not in a proper way?
2017-4-15
Use props
Beezzzzy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 280522 ft
United States

Wow OP what was the point of posting this if all you wanna do be rude? Should have just kept this to yourself.
2017-4-15
Use props
Dmitry495
lvl.3
Russia

blunt_blunt Posted at 2017-4-12 21:10
I vote kick/ban OP from DJI forums. What a dog

+1

I'm 100%  in favor of banning this guy!
2017-4-15
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I think this is just a wind up! Ken has he given you a serial number yet? I bet not because he has no drone
2017-4-15
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Inspire_Max Posted at 2017-4-12 11:45
Yes, but there are some points to be sorted out:

First - is TOTALLY FORBIDDEN flying over Rome and specially, the center of Rome

Wow!!! Let's throw him in an italian prision and make him an example! Or better, I think we should cut his head ourselves.... no wait... lets feed the dogs with the pilot...

2017-4-16
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Brazil

Inspire_Max Posted at 2017-4-12 13:35
For everybody:

here in Italy we have some regulations for flying drones:

That's a joke....

In short words, you can't fly drones legally in Italy...
2017-4-16
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Brazil

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-4-12 14:08
It's mine, pm me for return address

No, it's mine!! PM me for return address I'll be gld to answer all italian police questions!! :-)
2017-4-16
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Brazil

LostMyMavic Posted at 2017-4-12 15:00
So all in all, what your saying is, Italy sucks....

I was thinking the same here....
2017-4-16
Use props
Dmitry495
lvl.3
Russia

Beezzzzy Posted at 2017-4-15 23:19
Wow OP what was the point of posting this if all you wanna do be rude? Should have just kept this to yourself.

I think the point was to show what I think about the OP who opened this thread. Like all posts around, someone throws a statement and others comment on it. No bad obscenities in my post
2017-4-16
Use props
Mcflying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 243753 ft
Netherlands

Probalby this post made by OP is just to scare/warn people when visiting the old city of Rome.
Cause otherwise this would have gotten much more media attention.
Because the " tourist " could risk 2 years in jail and on top of that a 516 Euro fine.

From the Enac site you can find the no-fly zone.

Roma_Cartina_No_Fly_Zone.pdf

868.1 KB, Down times: 10

2017-4-16
Use props
rsands
lvl.2
Australia

hahahaha the op is some guy!
2017-4-16
Use props
randy.sauder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 872572 ft
Canada

Xman1 Posted at 2017-4-12 19:03
Wow.  Never seen someone so heartless.

I guess we know what to do when we find his drones.

DJI: find the OP's serial number of the Mavic he's decided to keep to himself and remotely fly it into the Colloseum; take a nice overhead shot of this looser's house first so he can get a nice surprise/karma from the italian po-po.  
2017-5-1
Use props
Flyin’ Wabbit
lvl.1
Flight distance : 55413 ft
Italy

I'm a drone owner in Italy. The OP is right to portray Italy's approach to drone flying as Draconian and it doesn't surprise me that the police would be concerned about the filming of sensitive sites in Rome, home to the parliament, the Vatican and the headquarters of all of the 7 branches of the police etc. There are also severe laws about flying over people, making it almost impossible to fly in Italy's capital. Last year Islamic terrorists repeatedly threatened attacks on Rome during the Catholic church's jubilee. All this contributes to a difficult situation here.
I hear many of you defending the poor Mavic owner who is just trying to get his property back. If there was a city in the states where in a single half-hour flight you could fly over the White House, the Pentagon and the headquarters of most of your political, religious, military and policing institutions, as well as being densely populated to the extent that a loss control could easily result in injury, would you still consider the pilot of the crashed drone the victim or would you be cursing him for adding more ammunition to the anti-drone community's arsenal?
The OP does come across as pretty unpleasant and over-zealous but I’m guessing there aren’t too many Inspire pilots here in Italy that don’t own them for professional reasons and trying to work with all these legal restrictions is already very hard without idiots flying around without respecting any of the laws and then crashing them.
As to the idea that this is a plot to scare the owner away from reclaiming his drone, I doubt it. If the owner is reading this thread: go pick up your drone, you doofus. It’s hard to fly around Rome without filming potentially sensitive targets but the Police aren’t stupid: if you’re a tourist, the footage will almost certainly show that. You’ll get a slap on the wrist and quite possibly a fine which you probably deserve for how much harder you’re making life for the rest of us.
2017-5-1
Use props
Evaunit01berser
lvl.1
Flight distance : 150427 ft
United States

Inspire_Max Posted at 2017-4-12 11:45
Yes, but there are some points to be sorted out:

First - is TOTALLY FORBIDDEN flying over Rome and specially, the center of Rome

Wow, you just went from 0-100 in like 2 posts.
2017-5-1
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Flyin’ Wabbit Posted at 2017-5-1 09:51
I'm a drone owner in Italy. The OP is right to portray Italy's approach to drone flying as Draconian and it doesn't surprise me that the police would be concerned about the filming of sensitive sites in Rome, home to the parliament, the Vatican and the headquarters of all of the 7 branches of the police etc. There are also severe laws about flying over people, making it almost impossible to fly in Italy's capital. Last year Islamic terrorists repeatedly threatened attacks on Rome during the Catholic church's jubilee. All this contributes to a difficult situation here.
I hear many of you defending the poor Mavic owner who is just trying to get his property back. If there was a city in the states where in a single half-hour flight you could fly over the White House, the Pentagon and the headquarters of most of your political, religious, military and policing institutions, as well as being densely populated to the extent that a loss control could easily result in injury, would you still consider the pilot of the crashed drone the victim or would you be cursing him for adding more ammunition to the anti-drone community's arsenal?
The OP does come across as pretty unpleasant and over-zealous but I’m guessing there aren’t too many Inspire pilots here in Italy that don’t own them for professional reasons and trying to work with all these legal restrictions is already very hard without idiots flying around without respecting any of the laws and then crashing them.

I second that... The more idiots flying carelessly around the world the more restrictions other have to suffer and deal with.

Yes, we are a community but when someone is a visitor in a foreign country you should always ask and verify what the rules are or DO NOT FLY, period!

Everyone claim oh he did NOT hurt anyone but did you ever stop and think what about if HE DID hurt someone, your mother, your sister, your kids etc...???

These are NOT toys and they are serious machines that need to be respected and taking seriously especially with all the FLYAWAY, idiots flying off balconies, etc...

2017-5-1
Use props
Flyin’ Wabbit
lvl.1
Italy

Yes, the OP said that it was found on a balcony near Fontana di Trevi. Google "Fontana di Trevi" and tell me you would fly over that with a clear conscience!
Yes we protect our own but is a pilot that flies over hundreds of tourists one of us?
2017-5-1
Use props
Matt77
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2362198 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

Italians are weird people, I have the opportunity to work with them every day. The Italians are the masters of the spin! I suppose you have to be Italian to understand this. As if only Italy has laws about Drones ... every European country has them !!!
Maybe a man had a malfunction and he should be punished right away ... maybe you fall into the sea and you will not find your Drone, ha ha
2017-5-1
Use props
vurdulack
lvl.2
Italy

I find very ironic the comments from users who criticize Italy and its laws and then find themselves as President Donald Trump or as a popular decision to leave the euro ... simply ridiculous.
2017-5-1
Use props
durer69
New
Flight distance : 8156 ft
Poland

Hi, for Rome I have this:  
2017-5-1
Use props
durer69
New
Flight distance : 8156 ft
Poland

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-4-12 11:31
Good for you for posting here -- I'm sure DJI can find its owner via serial number.

for Rome I have this:  
2017-5-1
Use props
Yokota85
lvl.2
Flight distance : 255430 ft
United States

What a piece of work this guy is. if you had friends here you don't now. you might want to go join a different form.  one last point how do you know the owner did not follow the laws and file a flight plan and all the other crap you brought up.
2017-5-1
Use props
Flyin’ Wabbit
lvl.1
Italy

Agreed, the OP is a piece of work.

However the drone came down in an area that is always packed with tourists. There is no flight plan that should have included flying over Fontana di Trevi. Check out photos of the fountain and you'll understand why. (Also, he's seen the footage so he knows the flight plan).

For as unpleasant as the OP seems to be, the Mavic pilot is the kind of A-hole that got us these crappy laws in the first place.
2017-5-1
Use props
fans8e7a06e5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 122831 ft
France

BTW. Please, avoid Paris too ;)

https://www.geoportail.gouv.fr/c ... )&permalink=yes
2017-5-1
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Well, I'll scratch Italy from my list of places to visit.  What a Jerk.
2017-5-1
Use props
PizzaFiend
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1489593 ft
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-4-13 10:00
we all have to play nice here and keep the personal attacks off the forum

Sorry, Ken: I didn't mean to imply that the Pope is a lousy pilot.

Sorry, Ken: I didn't mean to imply that the Pope is a lousy pilot.
@ DroneFlying: LOL! That is hysterical!

2017-5-1
Use props
4wesomeAdam
lvl.4
United States

Found the culprit. The drone has been returned and the Pope has pardoned the poor kid.

2017-5-1
Use props
vmich
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1100079 ft
Canada

Hilarious and pathetic thread altogether! Everything and its extreme opposite was said, from wishing the death penalty to the pilot, to comparing the founder to a Nazi... The OP must be happy of his trick, whatever it really was.

Anyway, congrats to those who played it down with their jokes and memes like this last post!!
2017-5-1
Use props
chalde
lvl.4
Flight distance : 668314 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans8e7a06e5 Posted at 2017-5-1 13:36
BTW. Please, avoid Paris too ;)

https://www.geoportail.gouv.fr/carte?c=2.1670565141310347,48.87153901309807&z=10&l0=ORTHOIMAGERY.ORTHOPHOTOS::GEOPORTAIL:OGC:WMTS(1)&l1=TRANSPORTS.DRONES.RESTRICTIONS::GEOPORTAIL:OGC:WMTS(0.9)&permalink=yes

I had looked at this map before my trip and honestly, the general map makes no sense at all. While I understand the heavily enforced restrictions flying over the capital, or sensitive zones, some restricted places are in the middle of nowhere, with literally nothing miles around, nor in range of military jet fly path...
It feels like, in typical french administrative way (nos amis les fonctionnaires...), someone behind a desk just randomly copied and pasted restricted zones, to fill his quota...
2017-5-1
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

Flyin’ Wabbit Posted at 2017-5-1 13:03
Agreed, the OP is a piece of work.

However the drone came down in an area that is always packed with tourists. There is no flight plan that should have included flying over Fontana di Trevi. Check out photos of the fountain and you'll understand why. (Also, he's seen the footage so he knows the flight plan).

You make a lot of assumptions.
2017-5-1
Use props
fans8e7a06e5
lvl.3
France

chalde Posted at 2017-5-1 18:16
I had looked at this map before my trip and honestly, the general map makes no sense at all. While I understand the heavily enforced restrictions flying over the capital, or sensitive zones, some restricted places are in the middle of nowhere, with literally nothing miles around, nor in range of military jet fly path...
It feels like, in typical french administrative way (nos amis les fonctionnaires...), someone behind a desk just randomly copied and pasted restricted zones, to fill his quota...

Actually it is sane and reasonable. You can fly up to 150 meters wherever it is not forbidden. And it is forbidden above cities (unless you'we got special authorization) and "sensitive" structures like nuclear power plants or military bases. Yellow and rose zones limit altitude but not forbid you from flying there.
And those strange huge curved areas - are training zones where military jet pilots fly at rather low altitude. I'we seen couple of them at about 100-200 meters last summer.
Also flying drones below 1.5kg does not require any special actions like license or insurance - just grab it and go outside.

So yes, it is annoying that I have to take suburban train to fly my drone. But it still win-win for pilots and others when you compare to many other countries.
2017-5-1
Use props
chalde
lvl.4
Flight distance : 668314 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans8e7a06e5 Posted at 2017-5-1 22:19
Actually it is sane and reasonable. You can fly up to 150 meters wherever it is not forbidden. And it is forbidden above cities (unless you'we got special authorization) and "sensitive" structures like nuclear power plants or military bases. Yellow and rose zones limit altitude but not forbid you from flying there.
And those strange huge curved areas - are training zones where military jet pilots fly at rather low altitude. I'we seen couple of them at about 100-200 meters last summer.
Also flying drones below 1.5kg does not require any special actions like license or insurance - just grab it and go outside.

Hum... I will quote myself:  "middle of nowhere, with literally nothing miles around, NOR IN RANGE of military jet flight path..."

I didn't mention flying in "huge curved areas", my comment was specifically to point out that in MANY zones, with nothing around, where there are NO military jets possibly flying, these zones are marked are restricted.

There are many places marked on the map that I'm very familiar with (having lived near, spent extended vacations, etc...) and as far as I can tell, there are no obvious reasons why those are restricted... unless France is doing invisible jet flying training...
2017-5-2
Use props
fans8e7a06e5
lvl.3
France

Some example?
2017-5-2
Use props
SeaComms
lvl.3
Flight distance : 568222 ft
Australia

What if if was like a few other reports here and it simply flew off on its own? OP said the battery only had one light left so could have been launched innocently 10km+ away from somewhere that was maybe legal to be flying?  

Of course it's always more fun to assume the worst and shoot before asking questions....
2017-5-3
Use props
Mars5150
lvl.4
Flight distance : 391493 ft
United States

I think that the major problem is that Tourists believe they could do what they want, when they aren't in their own Country. Even more US citizens.
Try not to stop your car on a STOP sign in the US and if seen by an officer, you will get for sure asked for documents and possible pay a fee.
Try not to follow rules in the US and you will get many troubles.

Now Americans come over to Europe and believe they can rule the world.
This is what sucks really!

About flying over Rome... Try to fly a Drone in Times Square and then you tell me what NYPD will tell you.
So please, irresponsible drone flyers, kee informed and fly where it's permitted.

2017-8-29
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Mars5150 Posted at 2017-8-29 00:00
I think that the major problem is that Tourists believe they could do what they want, when they aren't in their own Country. Even more US citizens.
Try not to stop your car on a STOP sign in the US and if seen by an officer, you will get for sure asked for documents and possible pay a fee.
Try not to follow rules in the US and you will get many troubles.

Now Americans come over to Europe and believe they can rule the world. This is what sucks really!

Is that the main point you resurrected a 4-month-old thread to make? Or was there some other broad generalization you wished to express about the nationality of a large portion of this forum's participants? Personally I don't see a huge difference between obnoxious behavior in person and obnoxious comments posted on a forum.
2017-8-29
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow I'll make sure not to fly in Italy or tell anyone here if I lose my copter. Yikes, I'm outta here.
2017-8-29
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

People can and have been fined before:-

https://www.thelocal.it/20160706 ... marks-square-venice

Personally, tell the police.  The laws have been around a while, people have no excuse for not knowing them.  The guy was probably trying to completely ignore the laws which seems fairly common among drone owners.
The end result is more and more regulation which affects people who DO obey the rules.  So people choosing to flout the laws deserve to be made an example of.

There does seem to be a sense of entitlement among some drone owners - "i bought it in a shop so i'll do whatever i damn well like with it".  This causes issues.

Italy's rules are draconian but its their country, their laws.  You follow them or you don't go there.  Simple choice.
2017-8-29
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules