1007 7 2017-4-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans6754a03e
New
Flight distance : 125643 ft
Norway

Hello!

Earlier today I was out flying my mavic, everything seemed perfect as usual until I suddenly lost all controll.
At the moment I was about 300meters away , all signal bars were at full strength.
It seemed to me like the mavic automaticly turned off and flipped mid air, I could clearly see the proppelers and the sky above.
I hit the return to home button and it seemed like it managed to stabilize itself after some seconds, unfotunatley the camera stopped recording right after the incident.

Anyone experienced something similar?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHkyGcDA1UY
2017-4-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Maybe put your logs up .
2017-4-12
Use props
SnowBirdNL
lvl.2
Canada

Your drone was likely still flying fine and was the camera freaking out!

A few days ago after I updated to .0550, this happened to me on the first 2 back to back flights!!

When camera came back, was facing down and totally out of focus!

2017-4-12
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

SnowBirdNL Posted at 2017-4-12 13:21
Your drone was likely still flying fine and was the camera freaking out!

A few days ago after I updated to .0550, this happened to me on the first 2 back to back flights!!

Is that momentary blip of black in OP's video what you were talking about in your post, SnowBirdNL?
2017-4-12
Use props
OriginalOne
New
Flight distance : 125643 ft
Norway

Im fairly new to the logs and tbh I cant seem to find anything suspicious in it.
It did create 4 log files from this flght, is that normal?
Also the logs are about 500,000kb total , anything special you wanted me to upload?

Thanks for the help so far
2017-4-12
Use props
hybrid33
lvl.2
Flight distance : 912224 ft
United States

I sent my drone in a few weeks ago for the gimbal doing the calibration process while recording and totally freaking out.  The UAV was fine, just the gimbal needed replaced.  We'll see if it still does it when I get it back.  Might wanna create a support ticket for it.
2017-4-12
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Philippines

Looks like the camera did a reset mid-flight. Your Mavic was almost definitely not upside down. It was probably flying perfectly fine and 100% still in your control. You may have thought it was out of your control only because of what you were seeing as the camera went crazy. It's not actually uncommon. I don't think there's been any explanation as to why it happens.
2017-4-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

It's probably the gimbal camera's issue.
Please calibrate the IMU then calibrate the gimbal again. Test more and if you have any further issue, please feel free to let me know.
2017-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules