1308 5 2017-4-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AndrewF403
lvl.3
Flight distance : 543110 ft
Ukraine

djiScreenshot_20170413-150154.png

I checked out flight log section of DJI Go 4 apps, and found out that logs are truncated. For example one before last is for 7 mins, but I flew for 25+ mins (full battery). And the same for all logs. They are 2-7 mins, without full recorded path and data. It's ok now, while all flights are without problems, but if I'll need some troubleshooting this isn't looks good.

App crashes a lot, I suppose this is the cause? Or am I missing something?
2017-4-13
Use props
Daroga
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

I believe you are correct, when the GO4 app crashes, the local flight log will truncate. Check your mobile device for background applications/services & terminate then when using DJI GO4. Configure notifications to not interrupt DJI GO4. If you don't already, try putting the device in Airplane mode and see if that helps any. The latest release of GO4 has several bug fixes, so make sure you are updated...
2017-4-13
Use props
AndrewF403
lvl.3
Ukraine

Daroga Posted at 2017-4-13 06:34
I believe you are correct, when the GO4 app crashes, the local flight log will truncate. Check your mobile device for background applications/services & terminate then when using DJI GO4. Configure notifications to not interrupt DJI GO4. If you don't already, try putting the device in Airplane mode and see if that helps any. The latest release of GO4 has several bug fixes, so make sure you are updated...

I use a separate phone to fly. It has no 3rd party apps installed, except for DJI Go 4, and doesn't even has SIM card installed. Still, app manages to crash 3-4 times per flight. The only thing that stops me from getting used iPhone for flights is its small screen size.

I wonder if full flight logs are available from aircraft itself with DJI Assistant 2. Will check this later.
2017-4-13
Use props
Daroga
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

AndrewF403 Posted at 2017-4-13 06:39
I use a separate phone to fly. It has no 3rd party apps installed, except for DJI Go 4, and doesn't even has SIM card installed. Still, app manages to crash 3-4 times per flight. The only thing that stops me from getting used iPhone for flights is its small screen size.

I wonder if full flight logs are available from aircraft itself with DJI Assistant 2. Will check this later.

Is your device Android or iOS? Is it a supported device? Does it have hardware acceleration and if so is it turned on Does the device prompt to report the app crash?

There are more detailed flight logs stored on the aircraft and accessible with the DJI Assistant, but they are different than the RC. The RC logs can be played back on the mobile device, but the aircraft logs provide detailed flight data from the aircraft and use the Assistant graph-oriented viewer to graph data elements:
Flight_Logs.png
2017-4-13
Use props
Silverado101980
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5858166 ft
United States

I noticed this as well flew twice yesterday with the new DJI Go 4 app update on android and it didn't even record that it was in the air even hit refresh numerous times  this is kinda concerning to me
2017-4-13
Use props
AndrewF403
lvl.3
Ukraine

Daroga Posted at 2017-4-13 06:57
Is your device Android or iOS? Is it a supported device? Does it have hardware acceleration and if so is it turned on Does the device prompt to report the app crash?

There are more detailed flight logs stored on the aircraft and accessible with the DJI Assistant, but they are different than the RC. The RC logs can be played back on the mobile device, but the aircraft logs provide detailed flight data from the aircraft and use the Assistant graph-oriented viewer to graph data elements:

It's Android, and I'm not sure is it officially supported, never was able to find the list. But I can install it from Google Play. It's Google Nexus 6. And yes, it prompts to sent crash report.

I also have Google Pixel XL, but on this device app not simply crashes, but hangs phone, so I need to reboot. That's why I'm flying using Nexus 6 - restarting the app is much faster, than restarting the phone.

Thanks for the screen shot of aircraft logs. Nice to know that I have access to that, but it shows a bit to much info to download it only of curiosity.
2017-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules