Question regarding new battery I purchased today.
591 3 2017-4-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rhidz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 559616 ft
United Kingdom

I just recieved a new battery today, fully charged it then went to Assistant 2 to update the firmware, then after that I waited a little bit and put the batter back on charge.
When I removed the battery off the charger the battery indicator lights stayed green(all of them), that never happened on about 6 charges with the battery that came with my MP, it normally just used to turn the lights off when it was fully charged.

I'm just wondering if there's any procedures I should take before using this battery to determine if it's defective or not, or is this a common thing to happen?
2017-4-13
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

May not be finished charging.  Put it on your Mavic and look to see the percentage on your phone.

Note I believe it goes from flashing green to solid green when it is near full.
2017-4-13
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

You mentioned that all the lights were on and stayed on when you removed the battery from the charger, but that's not what mine do. During charging the lights light up in sequence, and once it's completely charged they all go out and stay out.

Without plugging it into your Mavic try the power-down sequence: one short followed by one long press of the button and see what happens. I suspect that the lights will all go out, at which point you can check its level by pressing the button one more time. More than likely it's fine and is fully charged.
2017-4-13
Use props
Rhidz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 559616 ft
United Kingdom

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-4-13 07:30
You mentioned that all the lights were on and stayed on when you removed the battery from the charger, but that's not what mine do. During charging the lights light up in sequence, and once it's completely charged they all go out and stay out.

Without plugging it into your Mavic try the power-down sequence: one short followed by one long press of the button and see what happens. I suspect that the lights will all go out, at which point you can check its level by pressing the button one more time. More than likely it's fine and is fully charged.

Yeah I'm not sure why it did that, the lights remained on after unplugging it.

I put the battery in after making this post and the indicator did go out. I just did a test flight, everything seems okay with it, the battery was full looking at it from the app.
2017-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules