A3 Support of the Z30 / Next Firmware After v 1.7.0.0
3230 13 2017-4-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tedrosenberger
lvl.2
Flight distance : 23665 ft
United States

Six weeks ago I identified a problem with the latest A3 firmware (v 1.7.0.0 ) breaking support for the Z30 zoom camera.  The Z30 works fine with all versions of Lightbridge 2 but the v 1.7.0.0 A3 release causes somehow inhibits the video feed and several camera control features making it unusable.  I was forced to buy a new A3 with an earlier firmware release just to get my Z30 working again since you cannot downgrade from v 1.7.0.0.  When is the next A3 firmware update expected?   It would be nice if DJI would re-introduce Z30 support into the A3 platform.

Thanks,

Ted
2017-4-13
Use props
rsellars
New

United States

Ted, I'm working as a camera operator for a company called Aero Drone.  The company recently bought a Matrice 600 Pro and a Zenmuse Z30 camera.  We have been having lots of issues that sound similar to yours.  The image transmission breaks up often on both the master and slave controllers.  Sometimes the image freezes and turns black and white.  The camera does not work in shutter priority mode.  The playback button does not work in either the app or the controller, so we can't confirm that files recorded without extracting the SD card.  Whenever the tap zoom is used, the camera gimbal makes a grinding sound and shakes. Is that normal?  We're concerned that the gimbal is being stressed - although the motors are not hot. Did you experience any of these same problems.  Waiting for response from DJI. Did you ever get a solution to your A3 firmware update? Did DJI acknowledge the firmware issue?  I'm curious, how did you determine that your camera problems were due to the A3 firmware update? Any advise or help you can offer us would be greatly appreciated!  We have a test inspection coming up and we are desperate to get our Z30 camera working.  Thank you!
2017-5-2
Use props
Hot Wings 67
lvl.1
Flight distance : 278586 ft
Canada

I am also experiencing image transmission losses with the Z30 and it seems to happen most when using the tap zoom. I read on a different thread to "rebound the controller" being new I have no idea what that is or know how to do that? Or if it will work. It sounds like this is a DJI issue with the firmware. Would be nice for them to chime in on this to help us out. Please help, this is a big problem in the business I am trying to conduct with this equipment.
2017-5-7
Use props
tedrosenberger
lvl.2
United States

Hot Wings 67 Posted at 2017-5-7 14:59
I am also experiencing image transmission losses with the Z30 and it seems to happen most when using the tap zoom. I read on a different thread to "rebound the controller" being new I have no idea what that is or know how to do that? Or if it will work. It sounds like this is a DJI issue with the firmware. Would be nice for them to chime in on this to help us out. Please help, this is a big problem in the business I am trying to conduct with this equipment.

Hi guys.  Just saw your replies to my post.  I've received NOTHING from DJI other than them saying that the Z30 is not currently supported by the A3 (even tho it worked fine prior to the 1.7.0.0 firmware release).   

So I'd say the M600 issues you are having are also related to the current firmware.  I proved it was the current A3 firmware because I installed another A3 with older firmware and the camera works again.  When you upgrade, the Z30 stops working completely on the A3.

Very frustrating that DJI doesn't provide much guidance for people that spent so much $$$ on their most expensive gimbals!
2017-5-8
Use props
Hot Wings 67
lvl.1
Flight distance : 278586 ft
Canada

I had a terrible time today with this problem, it happen every time I tried to zoom or take a picture. So I contacted DJI support, they asked me to send them a screenshot of all my firmware versions, I did. I was in agreement with the fact that was the problem, The problems for me did not start until the April firmware update. I was reading on here guys we're trying to reload the old firmware and it seemed to help so that's what I set out to do. I fired up the laptop and opened my DJI Assistant 2, it only showed the light bridge icon, (I also read to reinstall the assistant if this happened) after reloading I got both the M600 Pro icon and the light bridge icon. I opened the M600 Pro, went into the firmware tab and lone behold there was another new firmware update (05/02/17) so I uploaded the new version. I had told support I thought I had the newest versions?? Apparently not. I did a test with the Drone to about 50% of my batteries, zooming, using tap to zoom, reset, etc took 50 plus pictures and no image transmission loss once. The Drone actually seemed to be operating differently and by that I mean like it did before all the issues! SOLID. Sorry for the long winded rant but I thought I would share the good news story! Try uploading the new version, hopefully it is a good fix, will give it a good test tomorrow and follow up with you guys.
2017-5-8
Use props
Inconceivable 7
lvl.2

Saudi Arabia

Dear Ted,
Are you using m600 for z30 or different frame? I too want to use Z30 with A3 and LB2 on custom built frame. I am just not sure which firmware to use. Pl guide
2017-6-21
Use props
tedrosenberger
lvl.2
United States

Inconceivable 7 Posted at 2017-6-21 11:07
Dear Ted,
Are you using m600 for z30 or different frame? I too want to use Z30 with A3 and LB2 on custom built frame. I am just not sure which firmware to use. Pl guide

Apparently DJI just released new firmware for the Z30 camera so it now works on the A3!  Good job DJI!
2017-6-29
Use props
tedrosenberger
lvl.2
United States

Dear Ted,

Apparently DJI just released new firmware for the Z30 camera so it now works on the A3!  Good job DJI!
2017-6-29
Use props
Juan carlos3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31768 ft
Spain

has anyone tried the new software?
IMG_3168.PNG
2017-7-2
Use props
Inconceivable 7
lvl.2

Pakistan

tedrosenberger Posted at 2017-6-29 07:15

Have you tested it?
Have DJI published Z30 compatibility with A3?
2017-7-19
Use props
Inconceivable 7
lvl.2

Pakistan

Inconceivable 7 Posted at 2017-7-19 07:20
Have you tested it?
Have DJI published Z30 compatibility with A3?

I found it on z30 firmware release notes
2017-7-19
Use props
HG2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 197470 ft
United States

Hello All, running into an issue with Matrice 600 pro and Zenmuse Z30. SD card is empty, no photos or videos. I can play them back through the DJI GO app but when turning aircraft off and extracting the card from the camera, every time I plug it to the computer, it's empty. Ideas, thoughts? Cheers!
2018-1-9
Use props
Willie69
lvl.1

Australia

Dear Ted,

Hi I have the same custom built with Z30 and A3. Did you ever fixed your issue and what firmware version did you use to make it work. I am so frustrated and cannot find any help of how to get the z30 to work. Any help would be highly appreciated.
2022-3-14
Use props
Willie69
lvl.1

Australia

Dear Ted,

Hi I have the same custom built with Z30 and A3. Did you ever fixed your issue and what firmware version did you use to make it work. I am so frustrated and cannot find any help of how to get the z30 to work. Any help would be highly appreciated.
2022-3-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules