Using an iPhone to shoot video with Ronin M - mounting questions
3906 2 2017-4-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jsuraci
New

United States

Hi All,
     Trying to figure out a way to mount an iPhone to the Ronin M. I saw a film shot this way, and a picture of the mount, but can't figure out how they managed to place the mount on the plate. I believe the mount is the GyroVu, but it doesn't make send how it's shown on the plate. Anyone have any ideas of a practical way to do this?
Thanks!
Best,
Joel S.
http---mashable.com-wp-content-uploads-2015-09-ronin.jpg
2017-4-13
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

It looks like a converted tripod mount for the mobile device. A tripod mount would have the same screw insert as a DSLR would. Hope this helps.

Another 'practical' option would be to get the OSMO Mobile
2017-4-13
Use props
jsuraci
New

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-13 18:01
It looks like a converted tripod mount for the mobile device. A tripod mount would have the same screw insert as a DSLR would. Hope this helps.

Another 'practical' option would be to get the OSMO Mobile

Thanks for the input - I actually contacted GyroVu and it appears there is a 1/4 inch mount on the bottom that easily attaches to the plate.
I would much rather go for a cheaper option, but the reviews on the OSMO are not so great, with a lot of people complaining about the software, transfer of files, and some issues with jittering, etc. After watching sample videos, nothing seems to compare to the Ronin M, so I bought it on Amazon
2017-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules