12Next >
15673 56 2017-4-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Danjahmouse
lvl.2
Flight distance : 163474 ft
New Zealand

Can someone please explain after the last update i know constantly get the NFZ LIMIT prompt and the Mavic wont start when im billions of miles or kilometres depending on where you stay lol.

Have tried rebooting Mavic, Device and Controller and sometimes it works but other times not gggrrr.

HELP!!!!!!
2017-4-13
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

I've seen several people say the same thing in the past day or two. Try disabling GEO and see if it helps.
2017-4-13
Use props
Danjahmouse
lvl.2
New Zealand

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-4-13 15:46
I've seen several people say the same thing in the past day or two. Try disabling GEO and see if it helps.

But doesnt that screw up other functions ie GPS lock, RTH etc
2017-4-13
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
United States

Danjahmouse Posted at 2017-4-13 15:50

It shouldn't, no: GEO is just supposed give you more flexibility when flying in NFZs.
2017-4-13
Use props
Dronoob
lvl.4
Flight distance : 126079 ft
Germany

Some others have the same issue (including me). So far, we got totally ignored by DJI in this forum. And we stilldon't know if that is a cosmetic issue or a serious problem when flying. :-(
2017-4-14
Use props
siumam
New

Indonesia

I have same problem here. NFZ LIMIT in my Controler
2017-4-14
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

Danja,

Try disabling GEO as DroneFlying said or try to downgrade just the controller to the earliest FW you have in A2 disconnect it from your PC shut down the controller wait a minuet then reconnect to the PC start A2 then upgrade back to the latest FW -- after the controller takes the FW you my get a popup on it that says NFZ Limit -- make sure that the controller took the update by clicking the back button on the top right hand of the 100% complete page back of the main FW page if all good , disconnect the RC from the PC wait another minuet then power it back up you should be OK now
Hope this helped  
2017-4-14
Use props
Danjahmouse
lvl.2
New Zealand

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-4-13 15:49
It shouldn't, no: GEO is just supposed give you more flexibility when flying in NFZs.

Will try that then
2017-4-14
Use props
Danjahmouse
lvl.2
New Zealand

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-4-14 04:24
Danja,

Try disabling GEO as DroneFlying said or try to downgrade just the controller to the earliest FW you have in A2 disconnect it from your PC shut down the controller wait a minuet then reconnect to the PC start A2 then upgrade back to the latest FW -- after the controller takes the FW you my get a popup on it that says NFZ Limit -- make sure that the controller took the update by clicking the back button on the top right hand of the 100% complete page back to the main FW page if all good , disconnect the RC from the PC wait another minuet then power it back up you should be OK now

Will try that as well, Standby caller......lol
2017-4-14
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
United States

Danjahmouse Posted at 2017-4-14 13:07

Thank you. Unfortunately, you may not be able to because GEO is only available in certain regions and I'm not sure that New Zealand is one of them. In fact, the latest information on DJI's GEO page only mentions North America, Europe, and UAE, so you might not be able to get it to appear on your menu. But it's worth checking on anyway: it might just be that their web page just isn't up-to-date.

One thing I do know is that for the GEO setting to even appear the aircraft has to be powered on and has to have acquired GPS; at least that's the only time it shows up for me.

2017-4-14
Use props
Danjahmouse
lvl.2
New Zealand

Danjahmouse Posted at 2017-4-14 13:07

Cant find GEO on the app
2017-4-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Her is the GEO map. Look at your area to see if you are in an NFZ.
If you are in a Authorizations you have to self authorize, or disable GEO and you don't have to go through the process. But with GEO disabled, you still cannot fly in NFZ, unless DJI has allowed you to by going through the process.

If you are not in a NFZ from the map in the link and cannot take off due to the app saying you are in a NFZ, please email FlySafe@dji.com and they will look into it.http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system/map
2017-4-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Danjahmouse Posted at 2017-4-13 15:50

Disabling GEO has nothing to do with GPS lock or RTH. Those functions will still operate the same.
2017-4-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Dronoob Posted at 2017-4-14 00:34
Some others have the same issue (including me). So far, we got totally ignored by DJI in this forum. And we stilldon't know if that is a cosmetic issue or a serious problem when flying. :-(

Here's the link to the map, if you are not in a NFZ, please email FlySafe@dji.com or PM your GPS coordinates and a screenshot of the amp form the link and draw a circle over it and I will forward it on.
http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system/map
2017-4-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Danjahmouse Posted at 2017-4-14 13:17
Cant find GEO on the app

It's in General Settings, right under Clear Flight Route.
2017-4-14
Use props
Danjahmouse
lvl.2
New Zealand

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-4-14 04:24
Danja,

Try disabling GEO as DroneFlying said or try to downgrade just the controller to the earliest FW you have in A2 disconnect it from your PC shut down the controller wait a minuet then reconnect to the PC start A2 then upgrade back to the latest FW -- after the controller takes the FW you my get a popup on it that says NFZ Limit -- make sure that the controller took the update by clicking the back button on the top right hand of the 100% complete page back to the main FW page if all good , disconnect the RC from the PC wait another minuet then power it back up you should be OK now

Did a downgrade and no NFZ message, upgraded and its back gggrrr
2017-4-14
Use props
Danjahmouse
lvl.2
New Zealand

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-4-14 13:21
If you are in a Authorizations you have to self authorize, or disable GEO and you don't have to go through the process. But with GEO disabled, you still cannot fly in NFZ, unless DJI has allowed you to by going through the process.

Thanks, no where near a NFZ, annoying
2017-4-14
Use props
Danjahmouse
lvl.2
New Zealand

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-4-14 13:22
Here's the link to the map, if you are not in a NFZ, please email  or PM your GPS coordinates and a screenshot of the amp form the link and draw a circle over it and I will forward it on.
http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system/map

Thanks will have to wait until i get home, seems to be happening no matter where i go.
2017-4-14
Use props
bighi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47455053 ft
  • >>>
Austria

I've got the same issue since the last firmware update. Quite annoying.
2017-4-14
Use props
alirz5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 609833 ft
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-4-14 13:21

Sorry ken but you are not addressing the actual problem. People are getting this NFZ limit message on the remote, even when in doors or in a weak gps place, no way near any nfz.
2017-4-14
Use props
Bintryin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 164406 ft
Australia

there is much more wrong with this update than the NFZ zone ,It is a total Disaster
2017-4-14
Use props
fans478fe9dd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1525712 ft
Japan

My Mavic has same issue on firm version 0600 in Japan.

Remote controller say "NFZ Limit" with  GPS signal low. (maybe 4 to 9 satellite)
If GPS signal High (maybe 10 or more satellite), Remote controller not say "NFZ Limit"

I downgrade to version 0040 and waiting to FIX.

2017-4-14
Use props
bighi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47455053 ft
  • >>>
Austria

My daily flying involves a takeoff from a balcony where I don't have all satellites. Perhaps 4 to 7. It has never been a problem. Take off, get it away from cover, hover until home location is set, then fly business as usual. Over 220 mavic flights with no problems. Until now with the latest update. NFZ limit message. Nowhere near a no fly zone.
2017-4-14
Use props
fans1c5c20a4
lvl.1
Czechia

alirz5 Posted at 2017-4-14 15:23
Sorry ken but you are not addressing the actual problem. People are getting this NFZ limit message on the remote, even when in doors or in a weak gps place, no way near any nfz.

Exactly.  
2017-4-14
Use props
Logger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2883714 ft
Australia

Mine fixed itself and no longer issues the warning, nor prevents take off.. At the end of the firmware .600 update the download of updated NFZ list failed. So my theory is that it subsequently downloaded the missing NFZ List whilst I was doing a a 20 minute flight with DJIGO. Phone has a 4g connection.   Since then the issue has gone and I never see the NFZ Limit message.
2017-4-15
Use props
Danjahmouse
lvl.2
New Zealand

Danjahmouse Posted at 2017-4-14 13:46
Thanks will have to wait until i get home, seems to be happening no matter where i go.

Just read that again and dont know what an amp form is not sure how to get GPS coordinates and the link goes no where
2017-4-15
Use props
Danjahmouse
lvl.2
New Zealand

Logger Posted at 2017-4-15 02:56
Mine fixed itself and no longer issues the warning, nor prevents take off.. At the end of the firmware .600 update the download of updated NFZ list failed. So my theory is that it subsequently downloaded the missing NFZ List whilst I was doing a a 20 minute flight with DJIGO. Phone has a 4g connection.   Since then the issue has gone and I never see the NFZ Limit message.

How many flights have you done since then?
2017-4-15
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

Bintryin Posted at 2017-4-14 19:20
there is much more wrong with this update than the NFZ zone ,It is a total Disaster

Bintryin,

Can you please explain what is much more wrong with this update besides NFZ's and it's a total disaster??? Other then just making a statement without your reason ?
I am interested to hear what other are experiencing besides the obvious posted one's in this thread?
2017-4-15
Use props
Salegy
lvl.1

Italy

I just installed the new 600 firmware and now my Mavic is totaly unusable .... NFZ everywhere, indoor and outdoor (and I'm not in a NFZ) and also turning off geo localization on phone .... Installing NFZ database was not possible, after half hour was still on 0% .... I think that without this database, the whole world is now NFZ.
2017-4-15
Use props
lucky1
New
Flight distance : 78461 ft
United States

i re-installed the new 600 firmware and it seems to have fixed the nfz issue. i have made 6 flights since re-installing and received no nfz warnings.
2017-4-15
Use props
Bintryin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 164406 ft
Australia

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-4-15 04:10
Bintryin,

Can you please explain what is much more wrong with this update besides NFZ's and it's a total disaster??? Other then just making a statement without your reason ?

The Camera tilts at a 45 deg angle then takes about 2 mins to slowly come back but never gets straight . the video settings have all gone , just do a gimbal re cal and look at the crazy stuff its doing . there are plenty of people with the same problems . I don't know if its a Samsung thing or what . but I rolled the firmware back to .400 and everything is good again. even the video settings
2017-4-15
Use props
Danjahmouse
lvl.2
New Zealand

I have just had the weirdest experience for those still experiencing NFZ messages on your controller/App. As i was trying to set up for a flight inside i noticed that not only was the NFZ message was still on my controller/App BUT i also noticed that everytime i went to pick up the Mavic to move it to another position in the room the NFZ message would disappear and i wouldnt even have to pick it up just covering the battery as if i were going to pick it up. If it still get this message, try it, that must mean something......
2017-4-16
Use props
fansde38c337
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62379 ft
Greece

My Mavic has same issue on firm version 0600 in Greece.

Remote controller say "NFZ Limit" with  GPS signal low. (maybe 4 to 9 satellite)
If GPS signal High (maybe 10 or more satellite), Remote controller not say "NFZ Limit"

I downgrade to older version and waiting to FIX.
2017-4-19
Use props
fansec96f014
lvl.3
Flight distance : 26306 ft
Germany

"NFZ Limit", new mavic pro in germany 15 miles away from airport indoor&outdoor since update today o600  ((
2017-4-19
Use props
Danjahmouse
lvl.2
New Zealand

fansec96f014 Posted at 2017-4-19 15:10
"NFZ Limit", new mavic pro in germany 15 miles away from airport indoor&outdoor since update today o600  ((

I have rolled the update back until they can fix it gggrrr
2017-4-20
Use props
MacPap
lvl.2
Greece

Can someone please explain in simple words what disabling GEO really does?
2017-4-22
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
United States

MacPap Posted at 2017-4-22 16:02
Can someone please explain in simple words what disabling GEO really does?

I believe it reverts to this instead of this.
2017-4-22
Use props
Samahita
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17041 ft
Sri Lanka

Have the same problem: Controller shows "NFZ LIMIT" in legitimate area in Sri Lanka after last update.

2017-4-23
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
United States

Samahita Posted at 2017-4-23 10:44
Have the same problem: Controller shows "NFZ LIMIT" in legitimate area in Sri Lanka after last update.

There have been a lot of reports of this lately. Try downgrading to an earlier version of the firmware and see if it helps; I recommend v01.03.0400.
2017-4-23
Use props
Samahita
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17041 ft
Sri Lanka

The problem of getting NFZ LIMIT in Mavic controller most likely stems from incomplete download of NFZ database. Thousands have the same problem (check forum for NFZ) It occurred after last firmware update…. !!! https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... d=775368&page=1  Please provide option in DJI GO App to download/update NFZ zone database.  See also
2017-4-25
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules