Mavic restarts during firmware update?
2083 7 2017-4-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
srg
lvl.2
United States

Trying a few more combinations of refreshes and such before I send my 2 day old mavic for service, and had the thought that I noticed it always reboots during my firmware update attempts. Is that normal, or does a reboot always mean a failure?
2017-4-13
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

A reboot is normal. Sometimes mine will reboot several times. You just need to wait until it is 100% complete.
2017-4-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Jenee 2 is correct. It's normal. Please don't worry about it.
2017-4-14
Use props
srg
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-4-14 03:02
Jenee 2 is correct. It's normal. Please don't worry about it.

Ok, cool.  I still had to send it in for service since the gimbal failed after the firmware update, but at least I know not to stress the reboots once I eventually get it back.

Mindy, do I understand correctly that DJI Care Refresh gets me priority service for warranty repairs as well?
2017-4-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

srg Posted at 2017-4-17 15:16
Ok, cool.  I still had to send it in for service since the gimbal failed after the firmware update, but at least I know not to stress the reboots once I eventually get it back.

Mindy, do I understand correctly that DJI Care Refresh gets me priority service for warranty repairs as well?

The warranty repair will undergo the standard repair progress.
2017-4-18
Use props
srg
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-4-18 01:48
The warranty repair will undergo the standard repair progress.

Ah, my bad. Given that my drone was less than 24 hours old when the firmware ruined the gimbal, is it possible to get an escalation so I get it back/replaced as quickly as possible?  
2017-4-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

srg Posted at 2017-4-18 07:10
Ah, my bad. Given that my drone was less than 24 hours old when the firmware ruined the gimbal, is it possible to get an escalation so I get it back/replaced as quickly as possible?

Sorry, I'm not able to do that.
Normally, the turnaround time is about 2 weeks. If you have any further issue about your case, please feel free to let me know.
2017-4-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

srg Posted at 2017-4-18 07:10

Sorry, I'm not able to do that.
Normally, the turnaround time is about 2 weeks. If you have any further issue about your case, please feel free to let me know.
2017-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules