Is there a damage threshold beyond which DJI won't repair?
708 4 2017-4-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Levurmion
lvl.2
Flight distance : 182710 ft
Indonesia

I crashed my Inspire 1 from 15 storeys.

Gimbal and camera wrecked. The landing gears are broken although transformation motor seems to be working albeit unable to transform the Inspire because some of the metal parts are bent. Cables running to the motors are untouched and fully working. The Inspire still turns on, connects to the RC etc. although I don't know if the sensors are still working. The main body is left pretty much intact so I doubt any considerable damage there.

So, 15 storeys drop, pretty serious I believe. Will they still want to repair this thing?
2017-4-14
Use props
Levurmion
lvl.2
Indonesia

Additional: Carbon fiber arms are snapped.
2017-4-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

I sympathize with your crash, personally, I do recommend you to send it in firstly, our engineers will help you do damage assessment, if it's not worth being repaired, we can choose to replace it.
Please feel free to contact our tech support via support@dji.com, they will help you handle it.
2017-4-14
Use props
Levurmion
lvl.2
Indonesia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-14 01:50
I sympathize with your crash, personally, I do recommend you to send it in firstly, our engineers will help you do damage assessment, if it's not worth being repaired, we can choose to replace it.
Please feel free to contact our tech support via , they will help you handle it.

I'll be sending it to a local DJI-recommended repair center tomorrow. I believe that they will be able to repair it there without having to send it to China am I right? Also, the Inspire 1 is said to be unavailable in my region's DJI store. Does this mean support for the product has also been dropped?
2017-4-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Levurmion Posted at 2017-4-14 02:07
I'll be sending it to a local DJI-recommended repair center tomorrow. I believe that they will be able to repair it there without having to send it to China am I right? Also, the Inspire 1 is said to be unavailable in my region's DJI store. Does this mean support for the product has also been dropped?

There is still support available for the Inspire 1 series available despite DJI Store stock.
2017-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules