Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Shou Screen Recorder for IOS
123Next >
17541 101 2015-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dundee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

mail@le-ber.de Posted at 2015-3-14 23:34
Hello Dundee, I try again to post the screen shot of the KPM player. Thank you.

ok, with quicktime no problem
2015-3-14
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

For those who have used this app, I have an issue. Sometimes during flight I get a black screen and/or serious drop outs (the meta data continues to record the flight data). Any  idea why?
2015-4-6
Use props
dundee
Second Officer

Thailand

dbeck@promobox. Posted at 2015-4-6 21:55
For those who have used this app, I have an issue. Sometimes during flight I get a black screen and/ ...

I use Ipad air. No problems
2015-4-6
Use props
jimk714
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Using an iPad Air 1...there may be a limit as to how many screen recording sessions you can have?  Recently, it will record the sessions but I can't move the sessions to Camera Roll.  Anyone else having this experience?  Also, sometimes it appears to do a screen recording...then when you stop the recording...I get a spinning wheel that sometimes leads to a successful recording and other times hangs up and the recording fails...I assume these are issues in this beta release.
2015-4-6
Use props
aelwyn
lvl.1
Flight distance : 74409 ft
United States

I tried it last night with my iPad Mini 2 with the settings dundee mentioned in the video (MOV, 720p, 8Mbps). It worked just fine and the file size was surprisingly small (330MB for a ~12 minute recording)... but the end result has a lot of compression noise. I might try again this evening at 1080p with the highest bitrate available to see what happens.

Given that the iPad Mini 2 only has an A7 processor, I'm not sure it'll be able to keep up with both the Pilot app AND the recorder at the higher recording settings. Worth a shot, I suppose.
2015-4-29
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey Dundee,

I am using Shou and it is working just fine on my iPad 2 mini. I have noticed some latency or lag vs. not using it. But not enough to stop using the recording for back up proposes.

Great tool

Rich  
2015-4-29
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

So my app I had been using crashed. I deleted it and tried to reinstall Shou. No luck. Any ideas?
2015-5-2
Use props
mavs88
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

dundee Posted at 2015-3-9 00:21
t.co/SGjj2WRwxH  with safari

Hi Dundee... I was surprised to see a kind of APP I would like to use...
It seems the app will not install on my iPad Air 2, iOS 8.3 ...
Do you happen to have any clou?
2015-5-31
Use props
dundee
Second Officer

Thailand

mavs88@home.nl Posted at 2015-5-31 18:23
Hi Dundee... I was surprised to see a kind of APP I would like to use...
It seems the app will not ...

t.co/SGjj2WRwxH  with safari on your device
2015-5-31
Use props
mavs88
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

dundee Posted at 2015-5-31 18:29
t.co/SGjj2WRwxH  with safari on your device

Quick answer, thanks... I used SAFARI... it says "Install" I clicked on install... but nothing happens...

regards, Max
2015-5-31
Use props
keithh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22395 ft
United States

I'm having the same problem as mavs88. When I go to the web site and click 'Install' Nothing happens. Still working on that.

Might remind the guys that are having problems with iPads not having enough memory to run this app with DJI app. Double click the 'home' on the iPad and this will show every app   that is running in back ground. Get rid of the ones you're not using by swiping them up to the top of the screen. Might help!

2015-5-31
Use props
Rockeyes
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Screen recording would be a great feature to have a part of the DJI App. It would be a useful option to both the operator and DJI.
2015-5-31
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hey Dundee,

I have been using Shou without issues until lately it will not start up. In IOS the app starts and goes to sleep in the background. If you double tap you can see the app is open but when you select it, it goes back to sleep. So I uninstalled it and reinstalled it (lost all my videos). Set up the settings and all was good again... I go to use it this weekend and now it will not stay running again. Not happy because I use this for backup incase anything goes wrong.

Have you seen this or have any ideas?

Rich
2015-5-31
Use props
keithh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22395 ft
United States

After further investigation I found that if I hit 'install' and IMMEDIATELY go to the screen the icon is there showing 'waiting' but quickly goes away.
iPad Air, 8.3 software

Update:

I have now tried to install on:
IPad Air
iPad 2
iPad mini 2
iPhone 6

No luck.
2015-5-31
Use props
mavs88
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

keithh Posted at 2015-6-1 00:36
After further investigation I found that if I hit 'install' and IMMEDIATELY go to the screen the ico ...

and that is exactly what happens on my Apple devices...
I can click it afterwards... but then it says "not installed"
a pity as it looks like beeing a nice and useful app...

Max
2015-6-2
Use props
kinsonlai
lvl.1
Flight distance : 69662 ft
Hong Kong

Sweet app, thanks!  Could come in handy for any post-flight analysis.
2015-6-2
Use props
DJI-Autumn
lvl.4

Hong Kong

wow..I am hungry for it recently! Thank you dundee!
2015-6-3
Use props
suhentu
lvl.1

Italy

i tried to install this app in my iphone 5s by using the link on safari.
It installs the app but when i open it all i got is a message telling me to download again the app from the appstore.

When i install it from the appstore i got a sort of web broswer for s**t games and vdeogames videos....  but nothing similar to what is shown in the tutorial....
Any suggestions?
2015-6-14
Use props
dundee
Second Officer

Thailand

suhentu Posted at 2015-6-14 16:05
i tried to install this app in my iphone 5s by using the link on safari.
It installs the app but wh ...

download the ipa file from my server.
2015-6-14
Use props
mtrager1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 242018 ft
United States

I installed Shou on my iPad Mini2 but now it is asking me to also install Shou.TV from the APPStore to sign in to the APP!  What is this.....confusing?

Now when on the Home screen I see all these games.  What do I do next to get out of this and get to the recorder?

Michael
2015-8-14
Use props
sthuemmel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1749321 ft
United States

mtrager1 Posted at 2015-8-15 10:36
I installed Shou on my iPad Mini2 but now it is asking me to also install Shou.TV from the APPStore  ...

Here is the info I got and mine is working.  I have not updated to ios 8.4:
The Shou screen recorder and screencasting app for iOS has been updated and is available to install again. Get it here (must open in Safari) before it's gone again:
https://shou.tv/i
****Important notes***
1. If you were using the old Shou recorder you need to uninstall that first
2. You need to upgrade to the new Shou.TV player app from the App Store AND login first. The recorder app won't work properly until you do. Link:
Shou.TV Player app
https://appsto.re/us/Gl8B4.i
3. Playing back recordings made in landscape orientation don't rotate properly when played back in the recorder app but when you export to the camera roll they orient fine.
4. I'm not tech support . I have NO affiliation with Shou, etc.
5. I did have a PM with the developer and he was super excited to see the drone flight recordings. It wasn't a use case I think he envisioned and he thought it was awesome.
6. Apple may revoke this app's certificate at anytime (like last time/version), so let's enjoy it while we have it. Do a live broadcast flight and post the link for us all in this group!
7. There may be an install limit on the certificate for the new recorder app. Be forewarned. First come first served!
2015-8-15
Use props
oksxen
lvl.2

Canada

I've experienced two issues in SHOU with my IPAD Mini2, iOS 8.4.1.

SHOU stayed on Portrait mode and there was no bottom screen/bar to view recorded videos. Other than those two, it seems to have recorded my iPad Mini's display screen but there was just no way for me to see it.

iRec App did work for Ipad Mini 2, iOS 8.4.1, for me.
http://ios.wonderhowto.com/how-t ... r-required-0156864/

2015-8-30
Use props
remltr
lvl.3

United States

oksxen Posted at 2015-8-30 08:19
I've experienced two issues in SHOU with my IPAD Mini2, iOS 8.4.1.

SHOU stayed on Portrait mode an ...

There is a button in the upper right hand corner which looks like a film strip. That is where you will find your recordings.

I have been frustrated with shou myself, because when viewing the recording on the ipad the orientation doesn't match what I selected in the settings. I have landscape home button right set. Then you always have this assistive touch ghost icon displayed.

But reading sthuemmel's post gives me hope. I never tried downloading the videos to computer because I thought they were messed up when I viewed them on the ipad. I am testing that now, waiting for the video to complete download.

My question is what settings do you find the best? 720p/1080p  Mov/mp4  bitrate 8/10/16

The test I am downloading is 1080p 16 mbps. It is only 33 seconds long and is 21.2 gig. Obviously too large to be useful if you are going to record a 14 minute flight.

EDIT:

Completed the download:

Assistive touch logo still displays.
The orientation is all good.
When I went back and viewed the video on the ipad all was good there as well.
The one thing I noticed is that shou shows the video as 6mb, while the dowloading of the same video shows as 21.2 gig during the download as I mentioned earlier. Getting info on the downloaded video shows as 5.5mb. So not so bad. It just took a long time to download the file using the app imazing, which is a file management app for ios devices. Saving the video to the camera roll via shou makes grabbing the video much quicker via the imazing app. File size is much more manageable during the transfer.

2015-8-30
Use props
jimcosta2008
lvl.1
United States

Rockeyes Posted at 2015-5-31 23:35
Screen recording would be a great feature to have a part of the DJI App. It would be a useful option ...

I agree and not the format coming out of the HDMI connection keep it consistent
2015-9-14
Use props
Apmadoc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3303570 ft
  • >>>
United States

Downloaded the .ipa file, tried to install it the way you described, it failed to install.   Downloaded a second time, still failed

I'm running IOS 9.3.  Is it possible the version you have isn't compatible with 9.3?

Ideas?
2016-3-31
Use props
BIGDZ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10255860 ft
  • >>>
United States

Apmadoc Posted at 2016-3-31 13:41
Downloaded the .ipa file, tried to install it the way you described, it failed to install.   Downloa ...

Try this works for me
And I have 9.3 iOS update
http://www.inspirepilots.com/threads/shou-tv-screen-recorder-broadcaster-is-back.10296/
2016-3-31
Use props
Cougar1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Here is a direct link to new shou recorder, works with IOS 9.3.1

http://www.iosem.us/app/install/airshou.html
2016-4-1
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

BIGDZ Posted at 2016-3-31 14:23
Try this works for me
And I have 9.3 iOS update
http://www.inspirepilots.com/threads/shou-tv-scree ...

It does not work for me after the latest update for Shou TV. I had everything working with Shou Air, but now it will not install again. It takes me to the apple store for Shou TV...  I hate this program every time they update it the thing is broken

Rich
2016-4-1
Use props
Cougar1
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-4-1 16:23
It does not work for me after the latest update for Shou TV. I had everything working with Shou Ai ...

Rich, just delete the Shou app on your IOS device and use my link above to install
2016-4-1
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Cougar1 Posted at 2016-4-1 12:50
Rich, just delete the Shou app on your IOS device and use my link above to install

You are correct. I deleted the app and installed the new one from your link. I am up and running again!!

Thanks for the post

Rich
2016-4-1
Use props
Cougar1
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-4-1 16:54
You are correct. I deleted the app and installed the new one from your link. I am up and running a ...

Glad I could help
2016-4-1
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I deleted the old Shou Air App, but then I could not get it to reinstall from the link they provided at the time...
Yah, I must admit this App is really frustrating!! It works nice when leave things alone... But almost everytime they update something it stops working

Your help was very timely

Rich
2016-4-1
Use props
timmer1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 30502 ft

I just tried to install the app from the latest link I and get this:

Oops, forgot to add that I have a P3P with iPad Air 2 and runnung the latest IOS 9.3.1.

Thanks!
2016-4-24
Use props
04red6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5484997 ft
United States

This screen recording method does not seem to work anymore. All work arounds are not working anymore.
2016-5-7
Use props
fluxkompensator
lvl.1

Germany

timmer1 Posted at 2016-4-24 18:07

If you look under setting on your device look for profiles. here you can set to trust...

I am trying to get this thing working too, but I got stuck too:
on shou air I cant register..  so I tried to make a registration through shou.tv.. all not working..
seems to be a fake app that wants to steal my google or fb login...
this all sucks!

Hey Timmer! Nice avatar! Pete looks just like me in the mirror..!
2016-5-16
Use props
Alan Guan
Banned

Canada

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-5-16
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Cougar1 Posted at 2016-4-1 10:22
Here is a direct link to new shou recorder, works with IOS 9.3.1

http://www.iosem.us/app/install/ai ...

Cougar 1

I just did the Shou TV update and the AirShou quite working again. I uninstalled it and still not working. Do you have any ideas or a new link to Airshou for the most resent setup? basically it will not complete the installation and keeps asking to retry.

Rich
2016-5-27
Use props
Cougar1
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Hi Rich,
Try: cherryroad.xyz/airshou
Works fine for me on latest IOS firmware.
I don't have the Shou from iTunes installed on my iPad, only the recorder that is in this link. When logging in I use the same log in as with the App store Shou.

2016-5-28
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Cougar1 Posted at 2016-5-28 06:32
Hi Rich,
Try: cherryroad.xyz/airshou
Works fine for me on latest IOS firmware.

Again cougar you are a life saver   I tried your link and Airshou installed with my ShouTV also installed. This worked for me
So I see you said that you are not using ShouTV from iTunes. (I thought this had to be installed to get the Airshou to work)...  I now have decided to delete the ShouTV from my iPad and Airshou is working still perfectly.  

Thank you for the tips, I hope this will continue to work and they don't update it again for awhile.

Rich
2016-5-28
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

timmer1 Posted at 2016-4-24 09:07

You need to trust the App in general settings. Watch this video

Rich