How to contact DJI?
1909 11 2017-4-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
timnwcove
lvl.3
Flight distance : 87428 ft
Canada

getting a battery error msg......." broken cell contact dji".  How do I contact dji??
2017-4-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

If you're in Canada, you can either call +1 818-235-0789 or email support.us@dji.com to start a claim.

Just to clarify, though, which aircraft model do you have? Is this right out of the box, or is it after a firmware update or hard landing?
2017-4-14
Use props
timnwcove
lvl.3
Canada

thanks Jamie, its a phantom 3s, battery issue ( broken cell warning).  i did contact dji through the online chat on friday april 14, and was told i would get an email in 24-48 hrs with further instructions. its now sunday, and still no email ?   the bird was purchased in late january 2017, so the battery should still be under warranty.....on 11 charges before failure.  
2017-4-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

timnwcove Posted at 2017-4-16 14:17
thanks Jamie, its a phantom 3s, battery issue ( broken cell warning).  i did contact dji through the online chat on friday april 14, and was told i would get an email in 24-48 hrs with further instructions. its now sunday, and still no email ?   the bird was purchased in late january 2017, so the battery should still be under warranty.....on 11 charges before failure.

Sorry about the inconvenience caused due to weekend, they should have sent you an e-mail as promised.
Just want to verify, you got the error after a firmware updating or not?
Restarting all the devices makes no sense, right?
Did you try to fully discharge it, then charge it again?
Please check the battery info through DJI GO app after it's fully charged and upload a screenshot here.
If the battery is not working properly, we'll help you create a case to send it in.
2017-4-16
Use props
user3428c10816
lvl.1
Flight distance : 726086 ft
Denmark

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-16 19:01
Sorry about the inconvenience caused due to weekend, they should have sent you an e-mail as promised.

I seem to have a similar problem with one of my batteries, using a Phantom 4.
Yesterday, I got a warning message after inserting a fully charged battery when warming up the aircraft. The message read: "Battery error. Return home and land soon. View the checklist after landing."
I found out that one battery cell is not as full as the other three. I completely discharged the battery and charged the battery again. After inserting it, there was no such message, but the battery cells are charged differently. I'm afraid that the message will come again. Will I be safe to fly?
Can anybody help me? (I'm living in Germany.)
Thanks a lot. Best regards, Andreas.
2017-4-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

user3428c10816 Posted at 2017-4-17 01:31
I seem to have a similar problem with one of my batteries, using a Phantom 4.
Yesterday, I got a warning message after inserting a fully charged battery when warming up the aircraft. The message read: "Battery error. Return home and land soon. View the checklist after landing."
I found out that one battery cell is not as full as the other three. I completely discharged the battery and charged the battery again. After inserting it, there was no such message, but the battery cells are charged differently. I'm afraid that the message will come again. Will I be safe to fly?

Have you checked the battery info through the APP after fully charged?
You can upload a screenshot here so we can check it.
If there is no error popping up, no worries, please enjoy the drone.
2017-4-17
Use props
timnwcove
lvl.3
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-16 19:01

firmware was up to date and flown previously with no issues, app was current.  i did shut down and restart the craft hoping it was just a software glitch.  no joy, error stayed.  i flew low and close to discharge the battery and recharged it after it cooled down, still the same, one cell was down much lower as shown in the app than the others.  but i do have good news !  i have a case # and a shipping label, hopefully all goes well with the rest of the process.

tim
2017-4-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

timnwcove Posted at 2017-4-20 12:56
firmware was up to date and flown previously with no issues, app was current.  i did shut down and restart the craft hoping it was just a software glitch.  no joy, error stayed.  i flew low and close to discharge the battery and recharged it after it cooled down, still the same, one cell was down much lower as shown in the app than the others.  but i do have good news !  i have a case # and a shipping label, hopefully all goes well with the rest of the process.

tim

Thanks for the details, Tim.
Our engineers will evaluate and test it for you when it arrives. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us.
2017-4-20
Use props
andreas_binder
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-17 02:08
Have you checked the battery info through the APP after fully charged?
You can upload a screenshot here so we can check it.
If there is no error popping up, no worries, please enjoy the drone.

Thanks for the reply. I have been flying some times since and there was no further notice of any error, even when the different level of charged cells is still to be seen. So, understandably, I am still a bit worried... what if...?
Here is my screenshot.
IMG_0877.PNG
2017-4-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

andreas_binder Posted at 2017-4-21 11:43
Thanks for the reply. I have been flying some times since and there was no further notice of any error, even when the different level of charged cells is still to be seen. So, understandably, I am still a bit worried... what if...?
Here is my screenshot.

It seems not to be working properly, the battery needs to be sent in for evaluation.
Please submit a case online: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
2017-4-21
Use props
andreas_binder
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-21 20:22
It seems not to be working properly, the battery needs to be sent in for evaluation.
Please submit a case online: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area

I sent it in and am waiting for a response...
2017-4-29
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

andreas_binder Posted at 2017-4-29 00:15
I sent it in and am waiting for a response...

OK, should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us, we'd love to help.
2017-4-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules