Mavic and Sony Xperia XZ
5613 13 2017-4-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kaber123
New
Estonia

well I have problem. Maybe some of you know how to fix it. It is almost impossible to connect my phone with RC controller. it very rarely works and for limited time (few minutes at a time). the phone disconnects from RC controller for no reason, and on the phone a pop up window appeares where it asks me about different USB modes (charging, MIDI...). It seems like the phone is rescanning USB after every few minutes. I know the phone is not supported but I hope there is some other way to make it work instead of going out and buying new phone... I have tried with Iphone 6s (works fine) and Samsung tab 10.1 (works fine but does not fit in the holder). Also I have tried with second USB-C cable, also same unstable connection problem. So the problem is with device. and devices USB settings.
2017-4-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I wonder if there's a setting in your phone to ignore the other USB setting so it doesn't try to re-scan and disconnect from the RC.
2017-4-14
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Click Settings, about, software info then tap build number 7 times to enable developer options. Then click on developer options in the menu and check the box USB debugging, should work now.
2017-4-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-4-14 10:26
Click Settings, about, software info then tap build number 7 times to enable developer options. Then click on developer options in the menu and check the box USB debugging, should work now.

Thanks, I was guessing they had already done that from searching the internet.
Thanks for posting.
2017-4-14
Use props
laceyboy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 159820 ft
United States

This phone is really thick. You should not have case on. You should also remove rectangle slider from USB cable.
When you hook it up, plug USB connector in first and then close RC arms.
Even though it is not on the list, but it is working perfect.
I know it since I am using it.
2017-4-14
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

I have an Xperia Z Compact and it is working fine.  Should be a similar Android build.  

Suggestions:
1. Have the app start automatically - you will get a warning box asking if you want the app to start when it detects the remote - select yes to this.
2. Allow write system settings.
3. Permit drawing over other apps.

I do believe my phone did what yours did the first couple times I used it, but it stopped having that issue after I selected allow app to start automatically.
2017-4-14
Use props
Burmman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182142 ft
United States

I use the Xperia tablet and it asked me what to do when the usb is attached to the tablet. I changed it from charging to do nothing. I've been using mine problem free since then.
2017-4-14
Use props
kaber123
New
Estonia

laceyboy Posted at 2017-4-14 13:35
This phone is really thick. You should not have case on. You should also remove rectangle slider from USB cable.
When you hook it up, plug USB connector in first and then close RC arms.
Even though it is not on the list, but it is working perfect.

My first observation was that the phone fits very poorly and i guessed that the USB-C plug was under stress or something, so I removed the slider and let the cable be loose.  Still did not work. For some reason my Xperia XZ wants to charge the remote controller (at least that is the first thing that is active on the popup window). And if I click on the option "Do nothing" or "PTP - Picture transmit protocol" then sometimes it starts to work for couple of minutes and then phone makes a sound that it has detected a new USB device and new popup shows that it wants to charge it again... Like running head first into a wall.
2017-4-14
Use props
kaber123
New
Estonia

Ok. I had my first problem free flight just now. I was thinking about the issue could be that the phone wanted to charge the RC so I used the USB-A port on the RC which is not usable for charging. Worked like a charm. just needed to use extra cable to connect the phone and RC controller. I really do not know why my phone thinks it needs to charge the controller, but at least there is a workaround for that issue. With the short micro USB cables I did not get stable connection with the app and RC controller. but now I did.
2017-4-14
Use props
Wille_W
lvl.2
Flight distance : 263550 ft
Sweden

I had the same problem with my XZ and also used the other port of the remote. However if you don't need mobile data or be able to answer phone calls, put the mobile in flight mode and you'll be fine using the regular port. WiFi is OK to use though. I guess the remote can't handle the interference from the phone..
2017-4-15
Use props
Wille_W
lvl.2
Flight distance : 263550 ft
Sweden

Wille_W Posted at 2017-4-15 00:00
I had the same problem with my XZ and also used the other port of the remote. However if you don't need mobile data or be able to answer phone calls, put the mobile in flight mode and you'll be fine using the regular port. WiFi is OK to use though. I guess the remote can't handle the interference from the phone..

Giving an old thread live again. I have now bought a second Mavic and with that remote I don't have any problems at all with disconnects from the app and I don't need to set the phone in flight mode. I will send my first remote in for checking now.
2017-8-4
Use props
DannyHa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 259 ft

Dear All Friends with Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android smartphone,

I just order my JDI Mavic 2 Pro. I am very worried about the compatibility of my Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android smartphone with the remote unit. Is there any problem now?  solved?  Please advise.

Best regards,
Danny
2018-8-30
Use props
DannyHa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 259 ft

There is a problem found by one of the M2P user. Could dji administrator advise how can we fix this.

https://youtu.be/ITxIo5pSN3g
2018-9-17
Use props
djiuser_2epGAKA3scGH
New
Flight distance : 43130 ft

Finland

My solution was to turn the cable upside down.  Meaning the way that you plug it in but it cannot reach the port if your phone is docked. Now i have to find an usbC extension cable to reach it and hope it works. I already did the debugging before i realized it. Hope it helps
2020-7-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules