Ugh.... I should of seen this coming
2279 18 2015-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PureSQNut
lvl.4

United States

Really, they are making videos of shooting drones down now to promote their guns and scopes.  Ugh, makes my stomach churn.

2015-3-2
Use props
brianmlevy.me
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2441663 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There are many, many people who reside in the shallow end of the gene pool.... What a hero!... This video is a demonstration of pointless, destructive stupidity!
2015-3-2
Use props
CrabHawk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7782 ft
  • >>>
United States

That due was a Todd Hoffman look alike from Gold rush Alaska Discovery channel.
2015-3-2
Use props
franknesss
lvl.2

United States

It's really funny how they use a drone to film as well.

"Let's promote taking down drones, but wait, let's get some good drone footage."
2015-3-2
Use props
PureSQNut
lvl.4

United States

franknesss Posted at 2015-3-3 02:52
It's really funny how they use a drone to film as well.

"Let's promote taking down drones, but wai ...

lol........   Hey its a convenience thing.  lol
2015-3-2
Use props
mattks
lvl.2

South Africa

Wow. What a hero. He shot down a little drone.

Seriously. What a waste of cash
2015-3-2
Use props
bubo_bubo
lvl.3

United Kingdom

The comments are more entertaining than the vid
2015-3-2
Use props
leostrat_54
lvl.3

United States

First of all the angle he was aiming on the first shot wouldn't have taken down any drone (unless it was hopping on the ground). Secondly, yeah lets shoot a high powered rifle into the air to take down an 'awful drone'.  No need to worry about where that round is coming down.  What idiots!
2015-3-2
Use props
MJDMike
lvl.3

United States

Ridiculous.  Pointless.
2015-3-2
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

Redneckery

Mike
2015-3-2
Use props
RickRoberts01
lvl.4
Flight distance : 191575 ft
United States

I am embarrassed to say that I  am from Oklahoma and there is currently state legislation pending specifically addressing shooting drones down.  Why can't those elected to office focus on real issues?
2015-3-2
Use props
CrabHawk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7782 ft
  • >>>
United States

Check this out.

http://venturebeat.com/2015/02/1 ... es-over-your-house/
2015-3-2
Use props
daninperth
lvl.3

United States

I like small ordnance and hobby UAV but never the twain shall meet    Guess I will have to maintain a safe altitude if I go inland
2015-3-2
Use props
paulchoppysoo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 160894282 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Maybe there's a business in making  target drones?......No warranty tho.....
2015-3-2
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

United States

MY heart just skipped a beat....It's hard enough for me to watch people microwave iPhones, but this is too much
2015-3-5
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

Ok then , I'm out with my grandson and grand daughter who love to with my supervision fly my old phantom one and some screw head shoots my quad out of the air for kicks ... I don't call authority ! I go give culprit direct ass beating of his or her life and  break his shotgun over his back... Done !
2015-3-5
Use props
mark
lvl.2

United States

that's a pathetic commercial.  sure, hit the inspire when its moving 25mph at 200m.  It would be long gone by the time he even loaded his weapon.
2015-3-5
Use props
leostrat_54
lvl.3

United States

If someone shoots at an aircraft, even an unmanned one, they are breaking several laws and violating the Constitution (in the US) by depriving someone of their personal property without due process.  They might feel like doing it but you also can't just shoot a person because they are trespassing either unless they invoke serious bodily harm against you (even if they are sitting in your living room drinking and eating food from your fridge and watching your TV)! Even in a Castle Law state you need to prove impending harm.  That's when you have to call the law and let them sort it out (I know, I know by the time they get there the person or quad will be gone or the situation will have elevated to the worst case scenario, but I am citing law here and not what feels right).

As far as 'owning the airspace above' as someone mentioned for airports and quarries, they still can't just start shooting down things that fly over.  They have the right of 'citing for trespass' but that is all.  Even the military does not typically shoot down aircraft over their protected space unless it compromises national security.  As far as states changing this to allow people to shoot at drones there are two areas where they are either in violation of the constitution or making extremely careless law.  The first is the right to property without being deprived using due process (mentioned earlier).  The second is : who will be responsible when the projectiles from those weapons start impacting people or property below (to say nothing of the aircraft itself) and if they use rifles it is possible they might strike other aircraft as well.  In summary, that approach is about as idiotic as it sounds.  IMHO
2015-3-5
Use props
jmanaya
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40840 ft
Venezuela

Well I see this video some days ago. Is easy we have to attach that rifle to an Inspire 1 then drop it from 600 feets and record it in a very veeeryy sloooow motions  and see the reacts of those rifle's lover    

Well that hurts our sensibilitys because we see thess birds -at least me- like the mix betwen a really high tech and master art piece. I'm really working hard to found the money to get mine!! (I fly one that belong to my company)  
2015-3-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules