Stability of DJI Go 4.0.6 (Android only)
12Next >
8591 70 2017-4-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
patman89
lvl.4
Flight distance : 288327 ft
Germany

Hi,

regarding to the many app-crash feedback on different boards all over the internet, I just want to ask you whether the latest DJI Go App (4.0.6 - Android) is running smooth on your device or if you have some trouble. It would be great if you post your device, your android version and what you have voted above. So maybe we get an overview if the latest update is really that bad.

Since I have upgraded to DJI Go 4.0.6 on my XIAOMI Redmi Note 2 (running Android 5 "Lollipop") my drone has become unusable for me. I have decided to go back to DJI Go 4.0.5 and now everything is fine again. Don't know if it's only me, but lets find out with this poll.

Regards,
patman89
Single SelectVote, Total 135 people participate in voting

Voting has ended

21.48% (29)
17.78% (24)
49.63% (67)
11.11% (15)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2017-4-14
Use props
Silverado101980
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5858166 ft
United States

Droid Turbo 2 on 7.0 crashes after 8 min  and will never home point the controller ...when it was on 6.x it never crashed once not once in 150 flights my fault for updating to 7.0 and can't go back verizon locked. I bought a Shield k1 on 6.x and it's perfect works great.
2017-4-14
Use props
jeebs-9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 174262 ft
United States

I have an Galaxy S5 and it works perfectly. Haven't any trouble with crashes. My only problem was that I had to rip off the water resistance cover for the charging port. Not that I ever used it lol.
2017-4-14
Use props
patman89
lvl.4
Germany

I'm still trying to figure out what went wrong with my upgrade.

Initially I tried to make the update over the DJI Go App v4.0.5 - which seemed to work. But after upgrading the App to v4.0.6 it asked me to upgrade to the latest Firmware (01.03.0600) again. I tried to do this, but it failed, so I reverted the mavic to FW .0550 via DJI Assistant 2. Then I had permanet app-crashes, could not get a stable video link (every few seconds I got a freeze frame or a black screen) and in the end it forced my smartphone to reboot twice.

A very weired behavior which I hadn't on FW .0550 and DJI Go 4.0.5. After downgrading everything, my drone and thesSmartphone working fine again - so I think I wait for FW .0650 :-)
2017-4-14
Use props
Ernie2406
New
Flight distance : 3465 ft
United States

My app crashed every time I hooked it up.  I'm running it on a Galaxy S7 Edge.  I'm curious if the app caused my troubles, needing to ship it back on the first flight.
2017-4-14
Use props
AndrewF403
lvl.3
Flight distance : 543110 ft
Ukraine

Google Pixel XL Android 7.1.2: App crashes not very often, but when it does, it freezes phone to the point I have to reboot it holding power button.
Google Nexus 6 android 7.1.1: App crashes often, but it can be quickly restarted with one tap.

That's why I'm flying with Nexus 6. Beigger screen is a bonus too.
2017-4-14
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

K1 shield running 6.0.1 ---- Running Smooth as silk with the last 4 FW updates along with all GO4 versions
to present

2017-4-14
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

patman89 Posted at 2017-4-14 13:14

Initially I tried to make the update over the DJI Go App v4.0.5 - which seemed to work. But after upgrading the App to v4.0.6 it asked me to upgrade to the latest Firmware (01.03.0600) again. I tried to do this, but it failed, so I reverted the mavic to FW .0550 via DJI Assistant 2. Then I had permanet app-crashes, could not get a stable video link (every few seconds I got a freeze frame or a black screen) and in the end it forced my smartphone to reboot twice.

Pat ,
      What brand of Android phone or table ??????????
2017-4-14
Use props
patman89
lvl.4
Germany

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-4-14 17:13
Pat ,
      What brand of Android phone or table ??????????

I have tried it with my XIAOMI Redmi Note 2. Just tried to use DJI Go 4.0.6 with RC and AC at FW .0550 but the app keeps crashing all the time.

And I have tried to upgrade my Mavic via PC and DJI Assistant 2 (different versions - no success). The RC has no problems with this update. But this is a different topic not to discuss here :-)
2017-4-15
Use props
The Rick-Man
New
United States

I just updated DJI GO 4 to 4.0.6 today and as soon as I lifted off and hit video record, the app crashed. Launched the app again, hit record, crashed again. So I rebooted everything - the phone, mavic and controller. Again, the launch was fine, was able to control the mavic like normal, but as soon as I hit video record the app shut down. I'm using Android 4.4.4 loaded onto an Amazon Fire phone. Never ever had a problem with DJI GO 4.0.5.
2017-4-15
Use props
mTSPSOenb4l3
lvl.2
Austria

Xperia XZ, Android 7.0, no issues in any Go version (since dec.2016)
2017-4-15
Use props
blunt_blunt
Ban Posts

Australia

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-4-15
Use props
seeker_ktf_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 218474 ft
United States

Galaxy S7 (Verizon), recently upgraded to Android 7.0 Nougat (stock/no root).  .600 firmware and the latest NFZ info...  basically I have the latest everything.  I flew through 6 batteries worth of flights in the last 2 days and the app crashed once on me.  This was only my second app crash so it took me a second to figure out what was going on.  After restarting, it only took around 5 seconds for me to be back in the app.  It took another while...5 or 6 seconds more, for my maps to reload.  All the while my Mavic just hovered in place, so it was rather uneventful.
2017-4-15
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

Galaxy S7 on Nougat. The only issues I have had were with the cable and connection, and only when the connection got messed I had one crash. It turns out that my usb port was dirty (pun intended) and after cleaning it everything runs smoothly. I also had to replace the side cable, as it stopped working. I guess it got damaged by the remote folding. I think the side cable is really bad designed...
2017-4-15
Use props
Magafia
New
United States

I used my Mavic for a couple of months with no problems, no crashes.  As soon as I upgraded to DJI GO 4 all hell broke lose.  I lost connection with the drone and crashed.  $300 (and two months of waiting) later, I was back in the air.  With the latest firmware, the app still kept crashing, sometimes as soon as 10 seconds into the flight.  Needless to say I kept the drone in plain site and away from trees, as a RTH could cause another disaster.  I followed another forum's advice and shut all apps, put in airplane mode and re-booted with portrait orientation locked.  That seemed to fix all problems.  I have not had any stability issues since then.  I was able to rescue the last two days of an 8 night trip whose main purpose had been to film in the North Georgia Mountains.  You would think spending $1,000 on a drone would get you a stable app.  Using a Pixel XL on Verizon, by the way.
2017-4-17
Use props
fans681ac1c1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 550548 ft
France

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-4-14 17:10
K1 shield running 6.0.1 ---- Running Smooth as silk with the last 4 FW updates along with all GO4 versions
to present

I downgraded my Nvidia shield K1 from Nougat to 6.0.1. It's now running without any problem!!
Thanks to this link: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?c ... id=85675&typeid=386
2017-4-17
Use props
ulysses31
New
Flight distance : 33724 ft
Ireland

I have the s7 edge and today when the battery went low on my mavic, it automatically attempted to RTH. The video signal jumped a few times and I could nt cance the RTH. I was in a woods and needed to cancel! I had to keep the left control pulled down constantly and eventually after at least 3 minutes of doign that.. it decided to land. After I powered don, then it said "Do you want to cancel RTH".Any advice? I was freaked out as to why I seemed to have no control and everythign taking 10 times longer to respond..
2017-4-17
Use props
rydfree41
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153268 ft
United States

Droid Turbo running marshmallow and never had a problem since I got the Mavic in January. I thought I did once after the .550 update when video froze and app restarted but I forgot to put the phone into airplane mode which I have always done .  Updated the Go app and Mavic FW Friday morning and flew this weekend with no issues .
2017-4-17
Use props
Griffith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

jeebs-9 Posted at 2017-4-14 12:26
I have an Galaxy S5 and it works perfectly. Haven't any trouble with crashes. My only problem was that I had to rip off the water resistance cover for the charging port. Not that I ever used it lol.

Same here with my S5 (except the charger port cover disappeared 2 years ago :-)
2017-4-17
Use props
jeebs-9
lvl.4
United States

patman89 Posted at 2017-4-14 13:14

Same here I downgraded and now everything works lol.... I'll be waiting for 650...

It's crazy to me... I never had any problems with my app smh.

I'm noticing more and more people just say their buying a new Ipad Mini smh.... Someone is sleeping with someone else
2017-4-17
Use props
patman89
lvl.4
Germany

Anyone knows if the app crashes may disappear if you use the latest drone and RC firmware? Maybe I need to try to upgrade, but at the moment it doesn't work :-/

And does anyone know when the next update will be pushed out?
2017-4-17
Use props
Alexandr Talyzi
New
Flight distance : 30131 ft
Russia

Galaxy S6 on android 7. Latest firmware. DJI go 4.0.6 - Crashes 1-2 times in a flight. After that I have to start the app again and fly as usually. 4.05 also had the same issue. I think the problem started when android  updated from ver 6 to 7. But reinstalling DJI Go 4.05 app helped to solve the problem. Now reinstalling does not help.
2017-4-17
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

jeebs-9 Posted at 2017-4-17 09:55
Same here I downgraded and now everything works lol.... I'll be waiting for 650...

It's crazy to me... I never had any problems with my app smh.

lol Apple has a mole who's sleeping around dji. Probably red hair.
2017-4-17
Use props
Mcflying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 243753 ft
Netherlands

The DJI GO app was updated overnight.
Then on a lovely sunny day before taking it on a flight i thought i want that .600 update.
Installed it and wanted to go flying.
***NFZ error***, so downgraded the craft and controller and took it into the air.
****NOT**** cause the app kept crashing, did everything, restarting reinstalling all the hocus pocus nothing worked.
Went home and checked it again and strangely at home it worked well and seemed stable?

But the fact that the problem cannot be pinpointed to a single thing for everybody is the most scary bit of the app.
Anyone can loose his drone with this update and that should be a BIG concern for DJI, which they should address
2017-4-19
Use props
jeebs-9
lvl.4
United States

Mcflying Posted at 2017-4-19 12:34
The DJI GO app was updated overnight.
Then on a lovely sunny day before taking it on a flight i thought i want that .600 update.
Installed it and wanted to go flying.

Actually!! I've been testing it out everything since I've updated. And nothing is working. That's why I asked if anything had the old APK of an older version of the app. But they haven't said a word which is super scary. Because a user could easily lost his drone because of an app crash or delay in the screen.  There has to be a place where we can save old version of the app.

Because this isn't fair. I don't want to crash my second drone while I still wait for the first one.
2017-4-19
Use props
emx_garcia
lvl.2
Dominican Republic

Xperia XA Ultra, Android 6.0, DJI Go 4.0.7 - So far so good.
2017-4-19
Use props
fans5c5aded6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 603491 ft
Canada

LG G5 / Android 7.0
App crashes almost every flight.
2017-4-19
Use props
ALTO
lvl.2
Flight distance : 968291 ft
Malaysia

Just upgraded to Ver 4.0.6 and kept getting NFZ whenever outdoors. Not in an NFZ but 6kms away.
Galaxy S6, V6.0.1
Any good downgrading to previous vers.
2017-4-20
Use props
jeebs-9
lvl.4
United States

ALTO Posted at 2017-4-20 02:08
Just upgraded to Ver 4.0.6 and kept getting NFZ whenever outdoors. Not in an NFZ but 6kms away.
Galaxy S6, V6.0.1
Any good downgrading to previous vers.

I'm going to test it out tomorrow.
2017-4-20
Use props
mjacobson
lvl.2
United States

I have a Nexus 6P and it's common to have one or two issues during a flight with the app.  When I change batteries, I have to exit the app completely and disconnect it from the controller or else the entire phone will freeze and I am forced to restart the phone.
2017-4-20
Use props
Tealk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 479613 ft
Romania

Galaxy S5 , no problem with the DJI GO 4 - 4.0.6 ... now i want to update to 4.0.7
2017-4-20
Use props
jh8
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39685 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I have used every version up to 4.0.5 without any problems on my Xiaomi Redmi 4 Pro running LineageOS 13.1 (6.01). After the upgrade to 4.0.6 (and 4.0.7 for that matter) , it keeps crashing right after I close the aircraft status window when the Mavic is connected. From then on it keeps crashing and restarting continuously. I realize neither the Redmi 4 nor Lineage are formally supported, but I never had any crashes on earlier versions. And when I restored 4.0.5 from Titanium Backup everything was back to normal again, no issues.

The strange thing is that I also have a nexus 7 2013 and a Xiaomi Mi Max, both running LineageOS 14 (Android 7.1.1) and GO 4.0.6 runs fine on those devices as well.
[Update] Not sure what happened, but it somehow seems to be solved now (on 4.0.7). Not sure if it's related, but I app notified that the video cache was full. The settings were back to default (after a reinstall), with the cache set to 2GB and not set to auto-clean. I set it back to 6GB with auto-cleaning enabled and also disbled audio recording.
2017-4-21
Use props
Fridog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 283471 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Go 4 version 4.0.7 using S7 edge has crashed several time during 10 min flight.
2017-4-21
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

4.0.7 I am having issues with too.  Never had the issues with 4.0.6
2017-4-21
Use props
blunt_blunt
Ban Posts

Australia

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-4-21
Use props
fanse27e4c17
New
Flight distance : 4406 ft
France

jeebs-9 Posted at 2017-4-14 12:26

hello,
do you use video cache ?
Thx
Jc
2017-4-22
Use props
patman89
lvl.4
Germany

I just tried 4.0.7 and it is a littlebit better, but it crashes after a few minutes and then it doesn't stop doing this anymore until I reboot my device. Went back to 4.0.5 - maybe this is because I'm still on FW .0550 - guess some incompatibility? Or DJI has triggered the switch to make my phone incompatible to their new app.
2017-4-23
Use props
Gusmtb
lvl.3
Flight distance : 35249 ft
United Kingdom

Onplus 3, android 7.1.1,   4.0.6 crashes just as often as before, strangely though now instead of simply crashing, it crashes and turns the power of on the phone (like hitting the power button), then have to turn the phone back on and start the app back up.

PAIN IN THE ASS.  can't believe we're still having to put up with this rubbish.
2017-4-23
Use props
fans2579a361
lvl.2
Flight distance : 187162 ft
Spain

In spanish forum we have a list of user than has written about problems of ALL versions of Androip App with NOUGAT!!!

There is a relationship between app crashes and Nougat SO. In the same device but with Android 6 or 5.1. App runs smothly

2017-4-24
Use props
patman89
lvl.4
Germany

fans2579a361 Posted at 2017-4-24 00:49
In spanish forum we have a list of user than has written about problems of ALL versions of Androip App with NOUGAT!!!

There is a relationship between app crashes and Nougat SO. In the same device but with Android 6 or 5.1. App runs smothly

I'm running Android 5 Lollypop and have the same issues. Thought about upgrading to an inoffical nougat rom, hence my phone doesn't receive any further updates :-( But if you say Android 7 has the same issues I won't upgrade.
2017-4-24
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules