How can I rename photos
1376 6 2017-4-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans8d96afb2
New

Canada

I took as many photos as my 16 gig card would take and then erased them after loading on to desk top.
Now the software wants to name the photos the same (dji-001)and erase the older ones when I save them to the desk top.
The only way I found is to right click, Renname and give them another name individually.
Any better ways out there?
2017-4-14
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Simple, creat a folder on the desktop and put them in there. You can have the same file name as many times as you like if they are in different folders.
2017-4-14
Use props
jwt-873
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6754350 ft
Canada

If you go into the camera settings in DJI Go, you'll find a "File Index Mode" option.   Change that from 'Reset' to 'Continuous'.   That will make your image numbers keep counting up and not reset to 001 each time you clear the SD card.

2017-4-14
Use props
imagine it
lvl.3
United States

jwt-873 Posted at 2017-4-14 15:30
If you go into the camera settings in DJI Go, you'll find a "File Index Mode" option.   Change that from 'Reset' to 'Continuous'.   That will make your image numbers keep counting up and not reset to 001 each time you clear the SD card.

Thanks I've been wondering the same thing. I've been simply putting them in separate folders but prefer putting them according to location or subject but couldn't because of the numbering, but you've cleared that up.
2017-4-14
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

Doing time lapse photos I know that once you have 999 it will create a new folder after that it will start all over again, the way I overcome this is use the rename tool in Photoshop browser utility to batch rename them.
2017-4-14
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136686 ft

Australia

In most Photo Editing packages there is a facility to batch rename images. I know it is in Photoshop using Image Processor.
2017-4-14
Use props
Matheus Villela
lvl.1
Flight distance : 565292 ft
Brazil

Geebax Posted at 2017-4-14 14:35
Simple, creat a folder on the desktop and put them in there. You can have the same file name as many times as you like if they are in different folders.

When you are mapping and collecting 2,500 photos it is not that simple.
2020-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules