"NO SIGNAL" when touching Gimbal
1151 7 2015-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
littleninja72
New

United Arab Emirates

Dear All

I received my DI1 last month but didnt fly it till I got a hold of the Prop Locks. I finally went for the maiden flight but after a few moments got the NO SIGNAL aural message plus RED indication on app. I brought her down to troubleshoot with no findings. I did a static test and I barely touched the gimbal when I checked the app display, it was producing the same effect as airborne. I strongly believe its a hardware issue, perhaps a false contact. Disconnected and reconnected the gimbal several times and still same discrepancy. The slightest movement to the gimbal and it will loose signal.

PS: Im running latest firmware plus all the safety/preflight checks performed.

Any pointers much appreciated.  

2015-3-2
Use props
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Try reseating the Gimble, this is the route cause of the problem.
2015-3-2
Use props
DJI-Beta
lvl.2

Hong Kong

I guess it is hardware connection issue. The interface between gimbal and aircraft. Try to contact DJI support.
2015-3-3
Use props
TheFlyGuy
lvl.2

Israel

I received my DI1 last month but didnt fly it till I got a hold of the Prop Locks. I finally went for the maiden flight but after a few moments got the NO SIGNAL aural message plus RED indication on app. I brought her down to troubleshoot with no findings. I did a static test and I barely touched the gimbal when I checked the app display, it was producing the same effect as airborne. I strongly believe its a hardware issue, perhaps a false contact. Disconnected and reconnected the gimbal several times and still same discrepancy. The slightest movement to the gimbal and it will loose signal.

PS: Im running latest firmware plus all the safety/preflight checks performed.

Any pointers much appreciated.  

I have the same issue, suddenly happened. did you solved it?
2015-3-3
Use props
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Just disconnect and reconnect the gimbal. Is a contact problem.
2015-3-3
Use props
CrabHawk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7782 ft
  • >>>
United States

One guy had the same problem and to fix it he slightly pulled down on the connectors on the inspire and then reconnected his camera and all was fine.
2015-3-3
Use props
DJI-Autumn
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Try the way CrabHawk said above. If not help, send a mail with the screenshot of the camera page & overall status page to inspire1@dji.com .
2015-3-4
Use props
littleninja72
New

United Arab Emirates

Hey Guys

Thanks for the feedback. It definitely is a Contact issue. It kinda sucks cuz sometimes the connection is flawless and you bring her down , change battery and takeoff, few minutes "NO SIGNAL", I bring her down, shutdown, disconnect Gimbal , reconnect and off she goes with no hiccups. If your Downwind its OK but when you turn Headwind Gimbal drag will easily loosen up the contact and have to bring her down AGAIN and AGAIN.
2015-3-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules