follow me mode
953 3 2017-4-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf45deb64
lvl.1
Flight distance : 131060 ft
United Kingdom

hi i have an inspire 1 v2 which when putting in follow me mode refuses to work as it should . when enabled it does not follow instead it waits as I walk away then moves erratically moving off in the wrong direction . which I stop by turning to atti mode to regain control. on landing I can see that the indicator at the back of the inspire is a solid red which is showing me an error. this has only happened since the last go app update . also is there any way I can find the error code and what the error is .

many thanks dean
2017-4-16
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Follow me does not work reliably on the Inspire 1 because the GPS signal quality required to enable it  (from the smart device) is at a very high threshold. There are some You-Tube demos of it but I've never gotten it to work except for once and that was brief too.

Owners of the P4P or I2 can buy a small module to plug into the RC to properly enable Follow Me. However, this module does NOT work for the Inspire 1 RC

2017-4-16
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Hi Dean,

Are you getting a good GPS signal on your mobile device? If not, Follow Me, will not work.

Mark G.
2017-4-16
Use props
fansf45deb64
lvl.1
Flight distance : 131060 ft
United Kingdom

Hi mark and mike . I've flown in follow me mode before with no issues, but since the go app update it just will not work . The gps signal I'm getting 20 to 18 stats which I think is good and flown in open areas away from houses etc . Admittedly I've not checked the kp index so not shore if it was high on the two days I tryed it .  
2017-4-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules