1059 9 2017-4-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
grahamcolling
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29564 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Apologies if this has been raised before, I am a newbie to this forum, but not to drone flying as I am on my 4th DJI Drone.  I have recently bought a Mavic Pro.  All videos have exhibited some form of shaking, I have updated firmware (except for the very latest version), recalibrated IMU and Gimbal, checked the gimbal is correctly positioned and not caught on any of the tabs.  After my last trial video I've changed to new rotors.  This is what I'm getting - this is by far the worst footage so far (It wasn't windy!):

Fortunately, I'm still within the 30 day return period for my supplier.  Unfortunately if it has to be returned it might be some time before coming back.  I waited 4 months for this to become available in the UK.  I just want to make sure I'm not missing something obvious.

Cheers

Graham
2017-4-16
Use props
NavigatorNL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 700768 ft
Netherlands

Looks to me if the Mavic is not balanced. Is the Mavic also shaking or is it a gibal problem?
2017-4-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

That's making me feel sick, were camera settings in auto?
2017-4-16
Use props
grahamcolling
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Kingdom

NavigatorNL Posted at 2017-4-16 09:29
Looks to me if the Mavic is not balanced. Is the Mavic also shaking or is it a gibal problem?

Mavic isn't shaking, flies true and level - When I inspect the gimbal mount the front right hand rubber band seems looser than the other.
2017-4-16
Use props
grahamcolling
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-4-16 11:21
That's making me feel sick, were camera settings in auto?

I haven't changed the camera settings.  I'll be honest and say that I am more of a stills than videographer.  I did check and the shutter speed was about 1/50 sec and I was shooting at 24 fps (which I understand is optimal).
2017-4-16
Use props
Dronoob
lvl.4
Flight distance : 126079 ft
Germany

grahamcolling Posted at 2017-4-16 12:23
Mavic isn't shaking, flies true and level - When I inspect the gimbal mount the front right hand rubber band seems looser than the other.

The rubber bands connect the Mavic's body with the gimbal plate. The gimbal plate must be able to move freely. There have been some reports where the gimbal plate was lifted over a part of the Mavic's body so that it was not able to move freely. This is shown in this video and easy to fix:

If this looks OK for your Mavic, the next reason for shaking videos like your can be abnormal vibrations. Those can be caused by defect props, motors or a bent gimbal plate that hits the body from time to time. You could exchange the props yourself. The rest is up to DJI or your retailer.
2017-4-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Since you have tried all basic troubleshooting, I'd suggest you to send it in for further evaluation. Sorry for that.
2017-4-17
Use props
grahamcolling
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-4-17 01:13
Since you have tried all basic troubleshooting, I'd suggest you to send it in for further evaluation. Sorry for that.

Many thanks, I was making sure I hadn't missed something obvious.  Having changed rotors and made sure the gimbal was correctly positioned, I am contacting the retailer today.
2017-4-17
Use props
grahamcolling
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dronoob Posted at 2017-4-16 22:35
The rubber bands connect the Mavic's body with the gimbal plate. The gimbal plate must be able to move freely. There have been some reports where the gimbal plate was lifted over a part of the Mavic's body so that it was not able to move freely. This is shown in this video and easy to fix:
Mavic PRO Gimbal error: How to fix Excessive gimbal vibration error for the Mavic Pro

many thanks for your help.
2017-4-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

grahamcolling Posted at 2017-4-17 04:37
Many thanks, I was making sure I hadn't missed something obvious.  Having changed rotors and made sure the gimbal was correctly positioned, I am contacting the retailer today.

Hope everything goes well. :-)
2017-4-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules