New Canadian drone laws one month later
780 3 2017-4-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Timbit31
lvl.3
Flight distance : 304209 ft
Canada

How are people managing with the new Canadian drone laws?  
Still flying?

Anyone been approached by the police due to a complaint?

Are Canadians still buying drones?

Want to purchase MP but still unsure....any thoughts one month later?

Tim
2017-4-16
Use props
alirz5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 609833 ft
Canada

To be honest, i've been reluctant to fly my mavic anywhere and havent flown it yet this year now that winter is over. To be honest and i hate to admit but this is exactly the kind of behaviour Transport Canada was expecting from drone users i.e to simply deter us from flying and guess what i fell right into their hands...It makes me so mad and frustrated that this hobby is now frowned upon.
I was never the one to fly in the city, busy places, however i would go into BIG parks on the outskirt of Montreal and fly there over water and stuff. But again there would be atleast a hand ful of people around me and at least one small road few hundred feet away. So given the current rules, while i would be tens of kilometers outside the city i would still be breaking some law, e.g what if a squirrel decided to come within 75M of me or a car passed by me? Lol right!
2017-4-16
Use props
Tiger0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6804 ft
Canada

I'm from 36 kilometers from Montreal, every time I fly it, I do something illegal. It's not that I want to, but if I want to follow the rules exactly, I have to drive north somewhere where they are no peoples, houses, and away from parks. It's not easy at all to do.
2017-4-16
Use props
captmarko
New
Flight distance : 4859 ft
United States

alirz5 Posted at 2017-4-16 14:38
To be honest, i've been reluctant to fly my mavic anywhere and havent flown it yet this year now that winter is over. To be honest and i hate to admit but this is exactly the kind of behaviour Transport Canada was expecting from drone users i.e to simply deter us from flying and guess what i fell right into their hands...It makes me so mad and frustrated that this hobby is now frowned upon.
I was never the one to fly in the city, busy places, however i would go into BIG parks on the outskirt of Montreal and fly there over water and stuff. But again there would be atleast a hand ful of people around me and at least one small road few hundred feet away. So given the current rules, while i would be tens of kilometers outside the city i would still be breaking some law, e.g what if a squirrel decided to come within 75M of me or a car passed by me? Lol right!

How about going for the grandfather law. You had a drone before they enacted the laws. You should be grandfather in.
2017-4-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules