Problems updating latest Firmware
5424 39 2017-4-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Heavydpj
lvl.2
Flight distance : 611027 ft
United States

I've been trying to upddate the latest Firmware to My Mavic Pro for a couple hours now without success.
- I am using the the DJI Pro 4 app to attempt the upgrades.
- My mobile device is an Apple iPhone 7, with the latest iOS updates (as of today).  I am also using an iPad Air 2, with the latest iOS updates.  The results are the same regardless of which device I use.

- Every time I try to upgrade the firmware, at the 75% point, the process interrupts, and I ge the the following message:

"Failed to Update
Failed to Upgrade"

Other times, at either the 75% point, or at other (seemingly random) times, I get this message:

"Inconsistent Firmware Found

Incompatibility Issues may occure between some modules and the deice.  Continue Upgrade?"

Per the FAA here in America, I can't even launch my Mavic with this sort of error, lest some mishap occur.  If the firmware fails to upgrade, and I launch, and subsequently have a flyaway, I could lose my license.

I've deleted all versions of Go and reinstilled Go4 several times.

Can anyone provide some assistance?

Failure

Failure

Inconsistent

Inconsistent
2017-4-16
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Are you able to use a PC and the Assistant 2 software. You can then upgrade the Mavic and controller separately.
2017-4-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Please try with Jenee's advice, update the firmware via DJI assistant.
Here is the link for downloading the DJI Assistant.
http://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads
2017-4-16
Use props
laceyboy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 159820 ft
United States

Just upgraded my MV/RC this morning using DJI Assistant 2 for Windows without any problem.
One thing I noticed that video feed recorded is stuttering now. I also notice it now has audio too.
I will try to turn off audio recording to see if stuttering is gone.
2017-4-16
Use props
hairforceone
lvl.1
United States

I had the same problem. I tried 5 different times with no luck. I put a new fast memory card in it and it went just fine. try that!  Also make sure the propellers are removed and the gimbal is free to move.  I also turned airplane mode on and wifi on in my phone settings.
2017-4-16
Use props
Heavydpj
lvl.2
United States

I tried using DJI Assistant 2.  Same issue, differently presented.

DJI Fail

DJI Fail
2017-4-17
Use props
Heavydpj
lvl.2
United States

And again ....
Screen Shot 2017-04-17 at 17.27.18.png
2017-4-17
Use props
patman89
lvl.4
Flight distance : 288327 ft
Germany

Yeah you are not alone. There are thousands of people having the same Problem. My update always stucks at 57% with DJI Assistant and at 74% while upgrading via App. Also DJI Go 4.0.6 doesn't work anymore on my device. Keeps crashing all the time. So I have reverted everything to FW .0550 and DJI Go 4.0.5. Now I can enjoy flying until FW .0650 will be released.

Btw DJI Support says you have to send your drone to repair. But according to the huge mass of failed upgrades makes me believe that this won't be the solution. I think this error has to do with the new firmware itself!
2017-4-17
Use props
Heavydpj
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-4-16 22:41
Please try with Jenee's advice, update the firmware via DJI assistant.
Here is the link for downloading the DJI Assistant.
http://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads

Hi Mindy.  Still not working.  Same problem.
2017-4-17
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

patman89 Posted at 2017-4-17 13:44
Yeah you are not alone. There are thousands of people having the same Problem. My update always stucks at 57% with DJI Assistant and at 74% while upgrading via App. Also DJI Go 4.0.6 doesn't work anymore on my device. Keeps crashing all the time. So I have reverted everything to FW .0550 and DJI Go 4.0.5. Now I can enjoy flying until FW .0650 will be released.

Btw DJI Support says you have to send your drone to repair. But according to the huge mass of failed upgrades makes me believe that this won't be the solution. I think this error has to do with the new firmware itself!

link.jpg

Good deal patman. At least you didn't go nuts and start talking about lawsuits. xd We had that guy in the forum not too long ago.

2017-4-17
Use props
Heavydpj
lvl.2
United States

No lawsuits, but certainly a VERY frustrating situation.  I literally can't risk flying my Mavic until this gets fixed.
2017-4-17
Use props
rydfree41
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153268 ft
United States

If you have inconsistent FW then downgrade to the oldest FW that is on whatever , battery , Mavic ,controller , then re-boot and then do the upgrade .
2017-4-17
Use props
patman89
lvl.4
Germany

The most anoying thing is that the last two updates went well. This is the first time since I own my Mavic that I have problems with it (no crashes, no App-Crashes, no RC/Video-Link interruption, nothing). And the second anoying thing is that DJI is completely ignoring our complaints. No official statement about this.
2017-4-17
Use props
Heavydpj
lvl.2
United States

I don't understand why I would even be getting this.  My Mavic is less than two months old.

WTF?

WTF?
2017-4-17
Use props
patman89
lvl.4
Germany

rydfree41 Posted at 2017-4-17 14:49
If you have inconsistent FW then downgrade to the oldest FW that is on whatever , battery , Mavic ,controller , then re-boot and then do the upgrade .

How do you up-/downgrade the battery only?
2017-4-17
Use props
Heavydpj
lvl.2
United States

I've tried with multiple batteries, with and without the RC, and using multiple mobile devices and DJI Assistant.

I got nothin left.
2017-4-17
Use props
iamthewatchdog
lvl.3
United States

You may have to download the update, then turn off wifi and upgrade that way. I've read a few people on here say that their wifi would interfere with the update.
2017-4-17
Use props
Rusty Iron
lvl.3
Australia

I've done the last two updates with absolutely no problem at all. I didn't even get a chance to fly between the last two updates. I'm using an iPad air 2 which had just been updated to the latest IOS as well.

Here's a few things I did, and I don't know if these might help you guys or not;

On the iPad;

1. I made sure I had the latest version of Go 4 (didn't delete previous version, just updated through the app store)
2. I made sure it had 100% battery
3. I made sure no apps were running in the background
4. I then shut it down completely and restarted it
5. Then I made sure cellular data was off, and only wifi running. (And by the way, we have terribly slow internet here, but generally no interruptions)
6. iPad was connected to the RC using the lower USB port with an ordinary Apple charging cable.

On the Mavic

1. I made sure I have the best and fastest SD card I can find (64 gb)
2. I made sure the card was empty (didn't format it, just cut all the videos from it)
3. And of course, made sure RC and Mavic batteries were at 100%

I didn't time it but I reckon it probably took a little under an hour to complete. I took the Mavic out the next day and it flew faultlessly as usual. Something else I always do when I fly is to make sure no other apps are running and both cellular and wifi are off. So that GO 4 is the only thing running. Not sure if this is relevant at all but my Mavic has a build date of 27th Feb and the gimbal is 25th Oct. I have no blurring issues  with the camera.

I hope this might be of some help to you guys having problems. And I apologise if I have just stated all the incredibly obvious things, but I feel for all of you having problems. Just trying to help. Good Luck.
2017-4-17
Use props
Heavydpj
lvl.2
United States

Yup, did all that.  Even went as far as to delete Go4 and reinstall.

Nothin'

Actually, WORSE than than nothin', since now DJI Go4 won't even let me start up the Mavic.

As an aside, when I use DJI Assistant, the WiFi is not a factor at all, since my system is hard-wired.

FML.
2017-4-17
Use props
Heavydpj
lvl.2
United States

My Mavic is, literally, a brick.
2017-4-17
Use props
Rusty Iron
lvl.3
Australia

Heavydpj Posted at 2017-4-17 16:38
My Mavic is, literally, a brick.

I hope this isn't a dumb question, and I am still very new to the Mavic but - is there such a thing as a complete factory reset option? As in, like resetting your phone. A reset that wipes the Mavic and RC clean and you rebuild from scratch?
2017-4-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Heavydpj Posted at 2017-4-17 14:20
Hi Mindy.  Still not working.  Same problem.

If you keep failing to do the update, I'd suggest you to send it in for further evaluation.
Sorry for that.
You could fill in an online repair request form and apply for pickup here.
You’ll get a case number automatically. https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
2017-4-17
Use props
rydfree41
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153268 ft
United States

patman89 Posted at 2017-4-17 15:21
How do you up-/downgrade the battery only?

Just do everything at once but downgrade to the part with the lowest FW .  The only time I had trouble updating was because a battery had an older firmware than the rest and it kept failing . I eventually just downgraded everything to the battery's  FW version , re-booted then the new update went perfectly . Thought that might be worth a shot for you .
2017-4-18
Use props
jh8
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39685 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I had the same issues of the .600 AC FW update failing and/or inconsistent. App did not work either, I tried both methods many times. A downgrade + upgrade between .400 <-> .550 worked fine several times, but an upgrade to 600 kept failing.
Support suggested to send it in for repair. I eventually took a chance and just rebooted the drone at 74% as I read in some posts from back in january. The Mavic status looked normal on the RC at that time. After it restarted, the update continued from 34% and completed just fine! So I am pretty sure it's a (software) issue with the 600 FW.

2017-4-18
Use props
Heavydpj
lvl.2
United States

@ Mindy

I've sent it in just now via UPS.  The clock is ticking ... Let's see if I get it back before I depart the United States.
On its way.jpg
2017-4-18
Use props
Zsaraman
New
Flight distance : 102 ft
United Kingdom

Early days at flying a Mavic, however updated to .600 :-(   Not happy third short flight resulted in lost connection and a Drone heading towards trees. Quick thinking I (strange for me) I managed to manually take over as the RTH also failed. Now reloaded .550 and all is well with the world. Dji surely if the .600 is causing loss/crashes etc its costing you as much as the many Dji customers - I have only just taken out Dji refresh and I thought for a moment "oh well - not my fault" I'll now wait for others to test any updates before I move over.
2017-4-18
Use props
Heavydpj
lvl.2
United States

It was received at DJI at 10:04, 24 April 2017.

Tick, tock, tick, tock.
2017-4-24
Use props
Heavydpj
lvl.2
United States

Well, this is NOT a good sign.  They've had it for 3 days, and their "tracking" system still says that I need to send it in.

Not impressed.

Screen Shot 2017-04-27 at 01.05.50.png
2017-4-26
Use props
Bintryin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 164406 ft
Australia

patman89 Posted at 2017-4-17 14:48
The most anoying thing is that the last two updates went well. This is the first time since I own my Mavic that I have problems with it (no crashes, no App-Crashes, no RC/Video-Link interruption, nothing). And the second anoying thing is that DJI is completely ignoring our complaints. No official statement about this.

Same here no problems with the last 2 just this .600 has something very wrong with it!!!
2017-4-26
Use props
patman89
lvl.4
Germany

Now I posted my complaints in differents topics so I don't know which one to update with my current status :-P

I have checked the logs after my failed upgrade and found following error-message:

[19:51:58][upgrade1860Ex       ] ======================= UPGRADE FAILURE: upgrade prepare failure, ErrorCode: 245
[19:51:58][upgrade1860Ex       ] ======================= Time :  22.61 second
[19:51:58][DiagMsg             ] upgrade prepare failure, ErrorCode: 245
[19:51:58][UpgradeMgr          ]    Lb_dm3xx_sky(1) result false

anyone knows what it means?

I also got another failure message a few days ago:

[18:20:32][upgrade1860Ex       ] ======================= UPGRADE FAILURE: push upgrade failed status, error code: 0x020106
[18:20:32][upgrade1860Ex       ] ======================= Time : 701.96 second
[18:20:32][DiagMsg             ] push upgrade failed status, error code: 0x020106
[18:20:32][UpgradeMgr          ]    Lb_dm3xx_sky(1) result false

two different trys, two different errors but obviously the same package...
2017-5-2
Use props
Heavydpj
lvl.2
United States

Yeah ... you're gonna have to send it in.
2017-5-4
Use props
Heavydpj
lvl.2
United States

Update!  Looks like she's gonna be home soon!
Screen Shot 2017-05-04 at 23.37.36.png
2017-5-4
Use props
fans290e1db9
New
Flight distance : 180689 ft
Switzerland

Hello everybody,

i had the same problem as you to upgrade from V01.03.0550 to V01.03.0600 with the same symptoms (74% ans so....)

By me, i find a solution :

With DJI Assitant 2 , i put drone by WIFI to do update. It's seems happend the same as before but when i gimme the message "Update failed" i put OFF the drone, i stop DJI Assistnt 2  and when i put
everything ON but with WIFI/ RC on RC again, it try to "refresh" in version V01.03.0550 but when it finish with success, it reboot and.... NOW IT IS IN VERSION V01.03.0600 !!!!!!!!!!!!

I do update remote controller separately in version V01.03.0600

NOW ALL is OK in VERSION V01.03.0600 !!!!!

I don't know id it can help you but by me it was working...

Good luck
2017-5-5
Use props
Labieno
New
Italy

fans290e1db9 Posted at 2017-5-5 09:22
Hello everybody,

i had the same problem as you to upgrade from V01.03.0550 to V01.03.0600 with the same symptoms (74% ans so....)

Hi everybody,

I confirm that after several tries I was able to update to version V01.03.0600, so my advice is DON'T SEND THE MAVIC TO DJI ASSISTENCE!!! This isn't an hardware fail.

I updated the RC and the Mavic separately using Dji Assistant 2.
I own a PC with windows 7

After 3 fails at 52%, 72% and 74%.
-I disinstalled Dji Assistant 2
-I installed it again,
-I started the update procedure.
-This time it arrived fastly at 99% and it stopped there several time. (7/8 min.)
-I closed Dji Assistant 2
-I switched off the Mavic and disconnect the USB cable from the PC
-I switched on the Mavic
-I start Dji Assistant
-I connect the USB cable to the PC
-Dji Assistant recognize the Mavic with the firmware updated at V01.03.600

Regards
2017-5-5
Use props
Apeaustrof
New
Flight distance : 180689 ft
Switzerland

Maybe not necessary tu put on the WIFI mode in this case
2017-5-6
Use props
Heavydpj
lvl.2
United States

Update:

I got an email on the 4th, saying that my Mavic was going to be shipped "within two business days."  Needless to say, it didn't ACTUALLY ship until the 15th.  It is due to arrive on the 19th, the day I leave the US.

2017-5-17
Use props
Heavydpj
lvl.2
United States

WHAT THE F*CK DJI!!!!!

I got a new Mavic delivered to me today (not my old one, but hey, whatever).

First thing out of the box when I turn it on (with a battery at 21%) ... FIRMWARE UPDATE REQUIRED

REALLY?!?!?!?!
2017-5-19
Use props
MCD1988
New
United States

I am having the same issue but keep getting failure on V0.03.0700.  Brand new out of the box and don't see a solution. Anyone know a fix? I apologize as this my first post and would really like to fly my drone.
2017-5-20
Use props
fans92a0cf42
New
United Kingdom

Hi everyone,

How is everyone getting on, I've been flying my drone around the world because i wasn't willing to wait to update it. It flies with no issues, just reminds me i need to update it. Now I'm back in the UK I've tried updating it and failed, through the app on my iphone and through assistant 2 on my mac. Neither work.

What has DJI said to you?

Obviously its good to keep it updated but its not going to fall out the sky because of inconsistent firmware.

Tom
2017-6-10
Use props
NickJa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 114665 ft
France

mine arrived today - spent last 5hrs trying to update, finally gets it all ready and records some footage and its unwatchable - what is wrong with the mavric ? all guards are off and its calibrated, and firmware took about 20 presses to keep downloading but eventually completed - due to issues how do you downgrade or factory reset ?
2017-6-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules