MayTech Props (useful information)
3271 36 2015-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PJ Australian
lvl.1

Australia

Trying out MayTech props later today. Any feedback?
2015-3-2
Use props
DJK
New
Flight distance : 44154 ft
United States

I saw another post that was not complimentary
2015-3-2
Use props
lon.garwood
lvl.2

United States

Hope to hear how that goes because I have some coming soon...
2015-3-2
Use props
laurent.crivell
lvl.2
Flight distance : 52549 ft
Switzerland

Yes please share feedback as I am desperately waiting for some to be available !
2015-3-2
Use props
PJ Australian
lvl.1

Australia

Alright.... So far, so good. The props fit firmly on the motors. They spin freely; no obstacles. Prop locks will go on but not really easily. The centre piece is slightly larger than a DJI model. Time for a flight....

maytech02.JPG
2015-3-2
Use props
rsghowellnj
lvl.4
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>
United States

PJ Australian Posted at 2015-3-3 15:30
Alright.... So far, so good. The props fit firmly on the motors. They spin freely; no obstacles. Pro ...

I'm a little concerned about the prop locks on the Maytech props.  Curious to see how they flew.
2015-3-3
Use props
PJ Australian
lvl.1

Australia

Perfect! Everything went just good! The MayTech props worked fine! Tried every maneuver that I was game with new props. Then elevated to 120m and hung around for a good minute. This will do until DJI get their act together.
2015-3-3
Use props
lucaoms
lvl.3
Flight distance : 599049 ft
  • >>>
Italy

PJ Australian Posted at 2015-3-3 19:25
Perfect! Everything went just good! The MayTech props worked fine! Tried every maneuver that I was g ...

Hi
today first fly with Mytech Propellers
I prefer this propellers, for me inspire it's more ready in change directions , carbon arm it's more stable in fly...
For me fly better with carbon prop
By

2015-3-3
Use props
rfrye
lvl.4
Flight distance : 309606 ft
United States

Where is the best place to buy MayTech Inspire-1 props in the States - any suggestions will be appreciated - THANK YOU!
2015-3-3
Use props
lucaoms
lvl.3
  • >>>
Italy

My tech prop
inspire_big.jpg
2015-3-3
Use props
Clem2099
lvl.2

United States

Perfect! Everything went just good! The MayTech props worked fine! Tried every maneuver that I was g ...

Wow!  That is really good news! Thank you for testing these for everyone interested.
2015-3-3
Use props
dundee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

Stiff props are not so good for video/filming....Makes the aircraft more aggressive/agile aircraft then floaty/smooth wich I like for filming/video.  IMO  
2015-3-3
Use props
lucaoms
lvl.3
  • >>>
Italy

dundee Posted at 2015-3-3 23:18
Stiff props are not so good for video/filming....Makes the aircraft more aggressive/agile aircraft ...

when you tried?
2015-3-3
Use props
dundee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

IMO i said, but i try this out for sure
2015-3-3
Use props
Clem2099
lvl.2

United States

I like what you did with your bird.
2015-3-3
Use props
xzces
lvl.3
Flight distance : 81526 ft
  • >>>
Suriname

I had maytechs on my phantom. I like the build quality, it's definitely better than most chinese cf blades. But I don't use them anymore because I had doubts about the prop dimensions. It had less area conpared to the original blades and I had a small performance loss.. So my guess it it didn't provide the same amount of lift as the oem dji blades.

Another problem that can come from this are failing escs. If your prop running lighter and turning faster it could overheat the escs. So try to make a adequate comparison between the maytechs and original blades. Measure surface area and prop pitch. Both are important! I would go even further and measure the time it takes to go from 10 to 100m.. Only then can we truly state which is better..

To add to dundees post: yes, cf blades are stiffer, so your flight will be jerkier. It did not affect filming on the phantom as the gimbal kept correcting everything, but it wasn't as smooth to fly in the wind.

Personally the only after market blades I'm gonna get are the quick release props from dji (inculded in the e800 propulsion kit) l. I like the dampening effect of plastic blades, it smooths out the ride.. Also plastic is a lot more forgiving should they come in contact with anything or anyone.
2015-3-3
Use props
Chris Con
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501175 ft
United States

Why don't you just buy DJI props?... Nobody wants to own aftermarket junk on their expensive (and awesome drone) ???? I don't get it.
2015-3-3
Use props
PJ Australian
lvl.1

Australia

Magic wand, please supply a set of DJI props that don't exist right now!
2015-3-3
Use props
christensonphot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 392129 ft

United States

I own three sets of Chinese carbon fiber props, was skeptical at first. I broke the DJI sets via tree branchs ect. Had preorders set from multiple companies and no DJI shipments yet. Thus I used Chinese props in Guatemala for a documentary feature this last two weeks and the performed flawlessly. No issues what so ever. Footage looks smooth and the speed in excellent. Happy customer. Will still go back to DJI props when they are available but for now it keeps my bird in the air for projects that have deadlines and need to be shot now.
2015-3-3
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI is supposed to release an upgraded Prop for the Inspire to solve the lock issue. I am going to wait for that release.
2015-3-3
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use Carbon Fiber on my big hex and work perfect for the job and will on the I1 as long as there good quality.
2015-3-3
Use props
jhogge
lvl.2

United States

"Why don't you just buy DJI props?..."

Do you know of a dealer where I can order the stock propellers that came with the Inspire?

As far as I have found they are not in stock anywhere. This is why people are using other propellers.
2015-3-3
Use props
laurent.crivell
lvl.2
Switzerland

Chris Con Posted at 2015-3-4 04:02
Why don't you just buy DJI props?... Nobody wants to own aftermarket junk on their expensive (and aw ...

Because DJI props are unavailable worldwide !!
2015-3-4
Use props
Chris Con
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501175 ft
United States

laurent.crivell Posted at 2015-3-4 16:42
Because DJI props are unavailable worldwide !!

Exactly...   At this point we should all be so incredibly angry at this fact.  Remember the props lock issue started 50 days ago.. 50 DAYS.
2015-3-4
Use props
Wildcat Willie
lvl.3

Canada

Buying DJI props in Canada is easier said than done...My supplier has had a number on order as well as the TB48 batteries. Paid for the batteries and they still haven't made it across the border from the US...That was over a month ago ...
2015-3-4
Use props
PJ Australian
lvl.1

Australia

Update on MayTech props. Buffeted by strong winds the Inspire flew strongly. No problems with the MayTech props, zip, none!
2015-3-4
Use props
laurent.crivell
lvl.2
Switzerland

PJ Australian Posted at 2015-3-5 13:21
Update on MayTech props. Buffeted by strong winds the Inspire flew strongly. No problems with the Ma ...

Fully support this statement for having experienced it yesterday.
2015-3-6
Use props
Acidsnow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13 ft
Canada

i notice mine actually touch the motor below unlike the stock props, and the shape and size is very similar and close but slightly different, anybody notice this? I did I get the retard brand off ebay . . . ?
2015-3-10
Use props
jimhare
lvl.4
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

PJ Australian Posted at 2015-3-5 13:21
Update on MayTech props. Buffeted by strong winds the Inspire flew strongly. No problems with the Ma ...

Did you get these in Australia?   Where is a good source to buy?
2015-3-10
Use props
PJ Australian
lvl.1

Australia

jimhare Posted at 2015-3-11 07:05
Did you get these in Australia?   Where is a good source to buy?

I bought them from a couple of online hobby shops in the US. Do a search for 'MayTech 1345.' There is also eBay, however they're listed as 'unbranded.'
2015-3-11
Use props
jimhare
lvl.4
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

PJ Australian Posted at 2015-3-11 18:25
I bought them from a couple of online hobby shops in the US. Do a search for 'MayTech 1345.' There ...

Thanks for that!
2015-3-11
Use props
Renaat
lvl.3

Japan

imported from China here: http://www.empirerc.com/maytech- ... inspire-p-9149.html
coming from Shanghai: http://maytech.en.alibaba.com/pr ... tightening_nut.html
2015-3-11
Use props
rwt0227
lvl.2

United States

Sold out. Bummer.
2015-3-11
Use props
DJeff1
lvl.2

United States

I received mine the other day and find it extremely difficult to install the prop locks on. So difficult in fact, that I was only successfull with installing one. The force that was required in order to accomplish that feat was not desirable and I felt I was almost to the point of breaking the prop lock. Anyone that has been successfull have any helpful tips on a easy installation procedure?
2015-3-16
Use props
robbie_gilmore
lvl.2

United States

I have used them without any problems.  I must say that I twisted them hand tight so they would be a tighter and lower fit.  Then with a little extra effort the prop locks went on without a problem.
2015-3-16
Use props
DJK
New
United States

I have seen the brand, could you post the part number for the prop, and the spinner?
Are there flaws in the blades where the resin is not fully covering all of the carbon fibers?
2015-3-16
Use props
DJK
New
United States

How does the prop attach to the spinner.
2015-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules