i Pad Help
1139 8 2015-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eaglecook
lvl.2
United States

Hello all,

First, I am not an apple / i pad guy. I know I swim against the tide when it comes to tablets as I use a Surface from Microsoft. I like it a lot for what I use it for, but alas, one of the downsides is developers don't put out apps for it very quickly so I can't use that for my Inspire. So, I am going the i Pad route.

My question is: is there any advantage to getting a newer model over say a gen 2? I will only be using it for the inspire so I don't need blazing speed, or all of the other things that people love about them. I just need it to function as my screen for the DJI Pilot app. Clearly a retina display would offer a better picture, but that's not critical for me as I want the full size vs the mini. I don't want to drop another $800 - $1000 for a couple of new i pads... I was thinking of getting used, older generation off of Craigslist or a refurbished.

Thanks in advance for any help.
2015-3-2
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

Yes. The only diff between 2and3 is the fingerprint ID function. Useless. The version 1 mini is too old
2015-3-2
Use props
eaglecook
lvl.2
United States

Great, thanks. I can save a few bucks. :-)
2015-3-2
Use props
theparrotsketch
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi, I never know which iteration is 1,2, or 3 etc. If it helps, I have the retina Ipad, the first with lightening port. It DOESN'T work with the app, so whichever version you get, it will need to be later than mine Gutted when I found out.
2015-3-3
Use props
Clem2099
lvl.2

United States

theparrotsketch Posted at 2015-3-3 17:31
Hi, I never know which iteration is 1,2, or 3 etc. If it helps, I have the retina Ipad, the first wi ...

I believe yours is the iPad Retina and then came the Air and Air 2
2015-3-3
Use props
theparrotsketch
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Clem2099 Posted at 2015-3-4 00:33
I believe yours is the iPad Retina and then came the Air and Air 2

Thanks Clem, makes a lot more sense now- I would have loved to be able to use the pad, just have to wait till my next 'upgrade'!!!
2015-3-9
Use props
Cinder13
New

United Kingdom

I am starting to look at getting a new I pad as the one I have is starting to feel a bit old. What I would like to know is if its a requirement to have SIM capable one or can you still receive the full functionality of the app with just the WIFI one?
EDIT
Never mind just found the answer if a diffrent section. basic answer is yes.

2016-4-13
Use props
I1ADDICT
lvl.2

United States

iPad AIr 2 64gb with GPS/WiFi all the way.  The video and experience overall is 10x better and I used all the Samsungs.  I am a Samsung guy, and am getting a Surface Pro as well, but DJI made this app to work with IOS, as it's clearly stated, and the best experience if going to be on an Apple product unfortunately.

2016-4-13
Use props
Alan Guan
Banned

Canada

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules