Intelligent battery question
1051 3 2015-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TSP181
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18258 ft
United States

It has been cold and ugly for a long time here in Ohio.  I haven't flown for more than 10 days and thought I'd take a look at my batteries and to see if they were automatically reducing the charge level.  I realized I didn't know any way to determine how charge they were so I turned them on and they appear to remain fully charged - all lights on.
Questions:  How long does it take to "uncharge" the batteries and can I tell if it's working other than turning on the battery to check the lights?   If I turn on the battery to check the light and they still all come on have I reset the timer before they begin to discharge?

Thanks,

TSP181  

2015-3-2
Use props
Larry L
lvl.3

United States

You have to plug phantom into the assistant & check the charge level  of your battery through the assistant.  If you have the latest firmware on your batteries, DJI says they should auto discharge. If battery is not used or turned on after 10 days, it is supposed to start auto discharging. Yes, if you turn on the lights, you have reset toe timer.
2015-3-2
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

just for clarificaiton...

TURNING THE BATTERY ON:
'turning them on' is a two step process.  one short click followed by one long click.  when you do that the lights come fully on.  i believe this resets the timer.

CHECKING THE BATTERY STATE:
this is a one step process with a single click of the button.  this shows you (briefly) the battery state.  i do not believe that this qualifies as 'turning the battery on' nor does it seem to 'reset the timer' on my 4 batteries.

i havent done any sort of clinical comparison, just going off of how they appear to be working, so please provide additional thoughts if anyone feels this isnt right.
2015-3-2
Use props
TSP181
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18258 ft
United States

gnixon2015 Posted at 2015-3-3 12:42
just for clarificaiton...

TURNING THE BATTERY ON:

Thanks.  It appears they didnt self reduce ther charge and I've reset the timer.   The run down time must be very slow or mine didn't work.  I am up to date on all the patches minus today's 3.12 release.
2015-3-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules