Does firmware .600 have a catastrophic issue?
123Next >
5961 85 2017-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans84e660d2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1476847 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was flying my MP over the Easter weekend and noticed since upgrading to .600 I have had a lot of disconnects.  I'm not referring to just the phone showing disconnect but the remote physically disconnecting, thus triggering RTH.  I was able to reproduce this many times.  
Example 1
Example 2

You can see in each case, the disconnects occur no more then 500ft from the take off point.  Since owning the MP in January, this has never happened until the latest firmware.  There are other issues related to the Mavic that I can deal with but complete loss of control seems to be rather serious.  Anyone else seeing the same thing?  Any solutions?

There are also other users reporting this issue here.
2017-4-17
Use props
Heavydpj
lvl.2
Flight distance : 611027 ft
United States

I don't know, as I haven't been able to even install the firmware.  

Now it sounds like perhaps I shouldn't.
2017-4-17
Use props
MrViaCop
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Sorry to hear that.  Seems like a lot of people are having trouble with the update.  Maybe a blessing in disguise?  I'm thinking about going back to .550 myself.  Hopefully DJI sorts this mess out soon.
2017-4-17
Use props
MrViaCop
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Heavydpj Posted at 2017-4-17 15:09

Sorry to hear that.  Seems like a lot of people are having trouble with the update.  Maybe a blessing in disguise?  I'm thinking about going back to .550 myself.  Hopefully DJI sorts this mess out soon.
2017-4-17
Use props
MrViaCop
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Heavydpj Posted at 2017-4-17 15:09

2017-4-17
Use props
MrViaCop
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

whoa sorry about that.  Nothing was happening when I click "post" so I clicked a few more times.  Noob problems.  :S
2017-4-17
Use props
blunt_blunt
Ban Posts

Australia

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-4-17
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I suspect the issue is with the wind gust that reached almost 26mph and  you had several wind warning but you kept flying.

Also you lost downlink but NOT total control and also it was for few seconds.

I did the update and flew more than 200,000' with no issues what so ever. Fly safe!
2017-4-17
Use props
MrViaCop
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Not sure how wind affects connection since I've flown my mavic in even higher winds with no issue. Also I definitely lost control as RTH was triggered multiple times without me either hitting the button on the remote or touching the RTH icon on screen. My RC also said no connection while all of this was happening.
2017-4-17
Use props
Bintryin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 164406 ft
Australia

I'm over this .600 firmware it has STUFFED many Drones even in my local area same problems here in Aus so i have rolled back to .400 and staying there .
2017-4-17
Use props
Lost Mavic
lvl.2

Australia

Strange.
Mine seems ok so far, but all these posts are making me nervous.
What on earth is going on i wonder!?
2017-4-17
Use props
Logger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2883714 ft
Australia

fans84e660d2

What operating syteme are you using,  IOS or Android?
None of your logs show RTH occuring. Just downling data loss.

This is what you should see in Airdata if RTH triggered.

L11m 25s-69.6 ft1 kmData Loss[url=]Downlink data connection lost for 11.3 seconds[/url]
M11m 25s-69.6 ft1 kmMode[url=]Mode changed to WiFi_Reconnect[/url]
N11m 25s-68.6 ft1 kmWarning[url=]Signal Lost. Aircraft Returning Home[/url]

2017-4-17
Use props
Logger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2883714 ft
Australia

Bintryin Posted at 2017-4-17 20:08
I'm over this .600 firmware it has STUFFED many Drones even in my local area same problems here in Aus so i have rolled back to .400 and staying there .

Totally happy on .600 firmware here.  In what way has it STUFFED many drones?

If you are on android simply disable the "Record Audio with Video Cache" option in DJIGo. Having it enabled causes video feed issues.
If you are getting pestered with NFZ Limit warnings, do a flight with mobile data enabled, so the NFZ list can download.

All good here.

2017-4-17
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

At the time of the disconnect, you had large signal errors. That normally comes from the phone you are using. When I was using an android phone I normally had up to 30 signal errors and had no problems then after a phone firmware update, the signal errors climbed and I started getting disconnections. I changed to an ios tablet, had nil signal errors and no disconnections. Same drone, same firmware so the issue was the phone.
It might be other apps running on your phone.
2017-4-17
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

I haven't had any issue. Did you update using the phone app or the DJI Assistant? Keep in mind that if you used DJI Assistant you need to update BOTH the drone AND the controller separatelly. I known of at least one person updating the drone only thinking that as the remote was turned on it would also be updated that had similar issues to yours.

If you use the phone app, I would try a firmware refresh on both the drone and the remote.
2017-4-17
Use props
Dronoob
lvl.4
Flight distance : 126079 ft
Germany

I am wondering the same. The first flight after the update to 600 was a total disaster. I had a few disconnects of the RC that triggered RTH. I cannot remember that I had this ever before. I had some flight where my phone was still on wifi, BT and mobile network. But in those cases I got intereference warning. Yesterday: No warning, just disconnects.

At the same time the app kept crashing like crazy. It crashed about 20(!) times. It crashed right after it was started, or when a video signal was received. The start screen sometimes showed connected, I entered the device and it went to disconnected immediately.

My flight log now shows some flights with distance = 1m, time = 1min, max alt = 0m. I checked the flight logs and they do not show any related warning message but also seem to be affected: When I play back one of the flights, the time runs quickly to 20s, then jumps to 1:40. 8x playback speed of flight logs does not seem to work on Android at all.

I turned everything off and on again and from then on it worked. RC connection was stable and I got a stablevideo stream. The flight logs look OK now (I still cannot play back with 8x speed).

This was a really bad experience. Especially the app seems to have some serious issues. I have never seen any app that behaves in a similar unreliable way as the DJI GO 4 app. I do not understand why DJI puts in new features over and over again when the app is stilllacking basic stability.
2017-4-17
Use props
Bucefalo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 444944 ft
Italy

i had ZERO problems with this new firmware.. one good thing to do is " refresh" the firmware.. !
2017-4-17
Use props
bombardier
lvl.2
Italy

i also had signal issues with .0600 even at short range, never triggered RTH though but very annoying because i was flying worried about totally loosing signal. Other problems i've experienced with newest FW was with gimbal, specially in fixed wing mode when flying sport. At the end i rolled back .0400 that in my case woks smoothly.
2017-4-17
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No issues here, flew 5 batteries over the weekend 5000m + flew over a hill which caused a disconnect, totally expected, aircraft RTH and reconnected when it came closer.
2017-4-18
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Worth saying using iOS
2017-4-18
Use props
OceanK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 289757 ft
Sweden

hello! From Sweden here!

Im using ios, latest version of the DJI go 4 app. LAtest firmware on the dji mavic pro. I got exactly the same problem with the data loss. I flew at sunset, no wind and flew around 1km over the sea. Then I got the data loss and started the RTH. Never happend before with precious firmware.
2017-4-18
Use props
fans95824758
lvl.2
Flight distance : 994216 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Hi, mavic owner with .600 firmware on it with same problem of disconnection. I have android and with the other firmware versions haven't had any problem until now. One more strange thing is that the screen of the RC watch blinking after the disconnection. It was updated also. We need more reliable software, cannot fly like this.
2017-4-18
Use props
fansfb2d38d3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9423 ft
  • >>>
United States

It took me 3 days to finally get it to work. Stalled and failed each time. 2 different phones, two laptops with the new software, 1 high end Desktop. High speed internet. Fail. My other Mavic worked straight away. Finally  very old sluggish destop was used. Success. Now have sensor issues.
2017-4-18
Use props
fansdcac56c4
lvl.1
Finland

I've had my first "issues" with the latest firmware, too. Using  iPhone 7. I was preparing to take off and suddenly lost the video signal. The drone was only few metes away still on the ground with motors not spinning when this happened. First I got a still image of what the camera saw last but then it was replaced with just a black screen. I turned the drone off and on again, it reconnected with the controller but the issues was still present with the black screen. Then I turned the drone off, controller off and restarted DJI GO app and started all over again and it worked normally. Flew for 20 mins without problems. Probably this could be an issues with the app as well as the Mavic firmware, though...?
2017-4-18
Use props
fansfb2d38d3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9423 ft
  • >>>
United States

Logger Posted at 2017-4-17 21:57
Totally happy on .600 firmware here.  In what way has it STUFFED many drones?

If you are on android simply disable the "Record Audio with Video Cache" option in DJIGo. Having it enabled causes video feed issues.

Oh boy... I've just spent 3 days, countless tries various computers, laptops, desktops and mobile devices only to have Firmware o.6 stall and fail. Finally an old sluggish windows computer worked. However now have sensor failure and can't recalibrate. My other Mavic updated flawlessly. This one has taxed me and vitually "broken" a once good machine. Off to the repairs I think.
2017-4-18
Use props
Jacksode
New
Flight distance : 630600 ft
Thailand

Had the same wierd disconnect and RTH issues here after the latest update. Once it lost it intially the app kept crashing and I was unable to cancel the RTH on the app. App would freeze, then multiple disconnects with the drone very close to me. Completely new issue for me as well. Using Android.
2017-4-18
Use props
Zsaraman
New
Flight distance : 102 ft
United Kingdom

Early days at flying a Mavic, however updated to .600 :-(   Not happy third short flight resulted in lost connection and a Drone heading towards trees. Quick thinking I (strange for me) I managed to manually take over as the RTH also failed. Now reloaded .550 and all is well with the world. Dji surely if the .600 is causing loss/crashes etc its costing you as much as the many Dji customers - I have only just taken out Dji refresh and I thought for a moment "oh well - not my fault" I'll now wait for others to test any updates before I move over.

Only tried Android both Phone and Tablet - got a new Samsung S8+ arriving Friday.....I wonder what then....does Dji only work well with IOS?
2017-4-18
Use props
Mcflying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 243753 ft
Netherlands

Yesterday also updated to .600 and jumped on my bike to test it out.
Only to discover my android phone/DJI go App was buggy as hell.
The Go4 app could not connect to the Mavic.
And when restarting all items (remote, drone and phone) it connected but then the app crashed.
So went home. Did a reinstall of .600.
Tried to connect it all and it worked!!
Well beside the NFZ message,...so i killed the GEO and,....it worked.

But i agree there is something not right with .600
2017-4-18
Use props
PimpDawg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1204754 ft
United States

A friend of mine bought a Mavic a few weeks ago and his completely disconnected from RC and phone mid flight (no interference warnings), began RTH and crashed straight into a 600 feet tall building. He's using Android OS. Pretty strange occurrance plus we're wondering why obstacle avoidance did not see this huge building it flew straight into (was flying in P mode so sensors should have been active). The Mavic was recording video during all this but it stopped recording a few seconds before impacting the building.

2017-4-18
Use props
taus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25358 ft
Denmark

PimpDawg Posted at 2017-4-18 11:43
A friend of mine bought a Mavic a few weeks ago and his completely disconnected from RC and phone mid flight (no interference warnings), began RTH and crashed straight into a 600 feet tall building. He's using Android OS. Pretty strange occurrance plus we're wondering why obstacle avoidance did not see this huge building it flew straight into (was flying in P mode so sensors should have been active). The Mavic was recording video during all this but it stopped recording a few seconds before impacting the building.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6zWUzb2cB8

Did you find the drone? Then what?

It looks a bit similar to my case found here http://forum.dji.com/thread-91866-1-3.html

2017-4-18
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

A friend of mine bought a Mavic a few weeks ago and his completely disconnected from RC and phone mid flight (no interference warnings), began RTH and crashed straight into a 600 feet tall building.

So was the home point not on the opposite side of the building from the Mavic? Because without seeing the logs it looks like the Mavic just took the shortest path home as it normally does and is supposed to.

Pretty strange occurrance plus we're wondering why obstacle avoidance did not see this huge building it flew straight into

So he did have OA enabled for RTH but it appeared not to work? Interesting. Can you upload the log from the flight?
2017-4-18
Use props
PimpDawg
Second Officer
United States

Yes we found the drone. It was beat up pretty bad and the battery had been ejected. Surprisingly, it still flew and the camera worked but not the gimbal. It still needs to be repaired though.

It was doing exactly what it is supposed to do - RTH and was going the correct direction. OA just didn't see the YUGE building. Plus we don't understand why it disconnected. Mine has never done that.
2017-4-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

PimpDawg Posted at 2017-4-18 12:18
Yes we found the drone. It was beat up pretty bad and the battery had been ejected. Surprisingly, it still flew and the camera worked but not the gimbal. It still needs to be repaired though.

It was doing exactly what it is supposed to do - RTH and was going the correct direction. OA just didn't see the YUGE building. Plus we don't understand why it disconnected. Mine has never done that.

Think without logs that just looks like a joke, let's say it's 400 ft up , it hits a building and drops to the ground, all that was wrong with it was broken gimbal.

In the manual it clearly tells you not to fly in unsuitable locations, clearly mentioning the type of areas he was flying in , if he read that then he wouldn't need to be asking the question as to why he lost signal.
2017-4-18
Use props
Mountaindrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 26618251 ft
  • >>>
France

no problem for me
2017-4-18
Use props
PimpDawg
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-4-18 12:48
Think without logs that just looks like a joke, let's say it's 400 ft up , it hits a building and drops to the ground, all that was wrong with it was broken gimbal.

In the manual it clearly tells you not to fly in unsuitable locations, clearly mentioning the type of areas he was flying in , if he read that then he wouldn't need to be asking the question as to why he lost signal.

LOL! Clearly. The old "read the manual" bit.

There was much more damage than just a broken gimbal.

Because obstacle avoidance can't possibly see a 600 feet tall building it's flying towards....ha!

READ THE MANUAL!

2017-4-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

PimpDawg Posted at 2017-4-18 13:48
LOL! Clearly. The old "read the manual" bit.

There was much more damage than just a broken gimbal.

Clearly the old don't crash their Mavics as often as the young, the video proves diddly squat, just another bit of fake news,
It's funny how it was on RTH you said the 600 ft building was in its track was he stupid enough to set RTH at lower than 600 ft, remember RTH ascends or descends when it's initiated, your friends Mavic just turned around and flew straight at the building.
2017-4-18
Use props
PimpDawg
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-4-18 14:07
Clearly the old don't crash their Mavics as often as the young, the video proves diddly squat, just another bit of fake news,
It's funny how it was on RTH you said the 600 ft building was in its track was he stupid enough to set RTH at lower than 600 ft, remember RTH ascends or descends when it's initiated, your friends Mavic just turned around and flew straight at the building.

Yep, fake news! It wasn't even a real Mavic flying, just a fake drone! The building is a hologram which might explain why OA didn't see it!

Perhaps he just needs to fly around larger buildings next time so OA can detect them! LOL!

Shouldn't you be reading the manual right now? It clearly states in the manual that you should be reading the manual.
2017-4-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2017-4-18
Use props
PimpDawg
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-4-18 14:17
I see your still not over the stupid mistake you made crashing your own Mavic, if memory serves me right you blamed the OA for your crash as well, there's nothing as bad as a sore looser.

Only thing worse than a sore "loser" is a bad speller! ZING!

Stop being a Richard. Old and bitter is quite an unbecoming combination and you don't wear it well.

Besides, shouldn't you be READING THE MANUAL!
2017-4-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2017-4-18
Use props
123Next >
Advanced