Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
capbat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 54905 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Hi All.
I am in the process of getting all my gears up to date for the coming season in the northern hemisphere.
Got all my devices on latest firmware, A/C Remote DJI Go Batteries etc.
I have a P3P bird.
So I decided to calibrate my bird today. Proceeded according to the book pushing the calibarate button and doing an horiszontal counterclockwise 360 followed by a vertical one.
BUT, after the horizontal 360 the lights went directly to Green. It seems not taking into consideration the vertical 360.
Verified the latest documentation, did not see any changes there.
So my question is has the calibration procudures changed. Or I am I having an issue with my devices.

Thanks.

Bat

2017-4-17
Use props
capbat
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Hello,,,,
DJI,,,,, any advice.....

Thanks.
2017-4-18
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

capbat Posted at 2017-4-18 16:31
Hello,,,,
DJI,,,,, any advice.....

Aloha capbat,

How many times have you tried this compass calibration?  Have you tried this and continued to the end while looking at the lights to see if there were any further light color changes?  Was the Remote Controller 10 feet or more away from the aircraft?

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-4-19
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Slow blinking green or what?  Did you try doing the vertical anyway to see if there is a change?
2017-4-19
Use props
capbat
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Cetacean Posted at 2017-4-19 00:45
Aloha capbat,

How many times have you tried this compass calibration?  Have you tried this and continued to the end while looking at the lights to see if there were any further light color changes?  Was the Remote Controller 10 feet or more away from the aircraft?

Hello Cetacean, and thanks for your reply.
Yes I tried 2 times and was maybe around 12 feet from Remote.
Each time at first the light where flashing yellow but immediately after the horizontal 360 the became green. I did in both case continue with the vertical 360 while the lights where green. Did not get any message of any sort saying there was a problem. I was outside far from any magnetic sources, at a place that I have done previous calibration without this situation ever occurring.  Thanks again.

Bat
2017-4-19
Use props
capbat
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Kneepuck Posted at 2017-4-19 00:56
Did you try doing the vertical anyway to see if there is a change?

Hi Kneepuck.
Thanks for your reply. As indicated in my answer above I still did the complete procedure, horizontal/vertical.  I have posted another problem I have that might be related to this, about Flight Status Led. It was suggested to me then, that I should relink remote and A/C. Which I did not do yet.

Your comments are appreciated.

Bat
2017-4-19
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

r u watching what the app tells u to do as you calibrate? are you away from any metal object? Never had an issue that persisted, but i had to do compass calibration twice in a row, the first one did not take, and the app said to do it again.  You mention pressing the button - i assume you are talking about the calibrate compass in the app, right?
2017-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules