Dead Controller
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Prop Buster
lvl.1
United States

My P3 controller appears to be dead.  Pressing the on/off switch does not result in any lights.  I've plugged in the charger and still no lights on the controller.  I'd appreciate information on what is causing the problem and the solution to the problem.
2017-4-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

When did you purchased it?
You find the problem after a firmware upgrading?
2017-4-18
Use props
RobertR465
New
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-18 02:35
When did you purchased it?
You find the problem after a firmware upgrading?

I have the same issue. Today I got a new Phantom 3 Pro. I charged up the aircraft and the  remote and all was fine. I then upgraded the firmware for both the drone and the remote. The drone upgraded fine. The remote upgraded fine and when it told me to shut it off and turn it back on it was dead. I get no lights at all. I plugged in the remote charger and nothing. I have tried to do the remote reset holding C1 C2 etc and turning it on but nothing. It was working okay until I updated it's firmware.....  I have read that several others have had this issue. So what is the fix?   HELP! Please.
robertr465@aol.com
2017-4-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

In addition to Natalia's inquiry, have you contacted Support about this as well?
2017-4-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

RobertR465 Posted at 2017-4-19 18:36
I have the same issue. Today I got a new Phantom 3 Pro. I charged up the aircraft and the  remote and all was fine. I then upgraded the firmware for both the drone and the remote. The drone upgraded fine. The remote upgraded fine and when it told me to shut it off and turn it back on it was dead. I get no lights at all. I plugged in the remote charger and nothing. I have tried to do the remote reset holding C1 C2 etc and turning it on but nothing. It was working okay until I updated it's firmware.....  I have read that several others have had this issue. So what is the fix?   HELP! Please.

If you already tried the C1,C2, Stutter resetting combination and the issue persists, you can try downgrading the firmware on the RC to see if there are any changes. If it still persists, you would want to get in contact with your dealer to look into an exchange.
2017-4-19
Use props
RobertR465
New
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-19 21:18
If you already tried the C1,C2, Stutter resetting combination and the issue persists, you can try downgrading the firmware on the RC to see if there are any changes. If it still persists, you would want to get in contact with your dealer to look into an exchange.

Thanks for the suggestion but how can I downgrade the remotes firmware if I can not get it to power on?
2017-4-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

RobertR465 Posted at 2017-4-20 05:20
Thanks for the suggestion but how can I downgrade the remotes firmware if I can not get it to power on?

I misread your post for one that still could power on but not charge, I apologize. Without any power, there's not much that can be done. Since you mentioned that you just got the unit, an exchange from your dealer would be the fastest course of action to getting addressed. Did you happen to get this from a retailer, or was it via the DJI Website?
2017-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules