Any Z3 owners - what's your take on it currently?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DarrenE
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I've been thinking about a Z3 for non-commercial use.
From what I've seen over the months its potential suffered a bit to start with for some, who seemed to experience some choppiness and lag.

If you have one, do you use it much at the moment? What are your feelings about it currently?

I really love my X3. I have an X5 but with a 14-42mm zoom mounted, it is not ideal for single-operator situations. The Z3 may be a good alternative *if* the early issues are now a thing of the past

2017-4-18
Use props
DemolitionMan14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1963583 ft
  • >>>
United States

I returned it about a month ago.  WHEN it worked it was great, but I experienced too many latency issues.  4-5secs delay of seeing the video feed.  
2017-4-18
Use props
DarrenE
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thanks DemolitionMan14. That's worth hearing. It's sad - you've echoed what I've seen elsewhere and was partly why I'd raised the question: *when* the problems aren't occuring, people are reporting it's really good.

Out of interest, were you up-to-date with firmware when you decided to return it?
I'd noted there was a firmware specifically targeting Z3 transmission issues, but that was at the end of last year (v1.9.1.40) and I've not seen anything specifically addressing it since
2017-4-18
Use props
DemolitionMan14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1963583 ft
  • >>>
United States

DarrenE Posted at 2017-4-18 05:36
Thanks DemolitionMan14. That's worth hearing. It's sad - you've echoed what I've seen elsewhere and was partly why I'd raised the question: *when* the problems aren't occuring, people are reporting it's really good.

Out of interest, were you up-to-date with firmware when you decided to return it?

Yes it was current.   I updated the firmware the day i got it.
2017-4-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules