Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Why do posts/threads keep dissapering?
1372 29 2017-4-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
UltraDan
lvl.2
France

See title -why do some posts and threads get cut? This is beginning to feel lile a highly censored forum.
2017-4-18
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Dan,

The Threads are not actually disappearing, they are making way for new threads.  Each thread has a date and time.  When a new thread comes along the older thread get displaced.  The only ones that do not get displaces are some of the DJI-Team threads that have important information.

When a member posts a reply into the thread, the thread jumps back to the beginning behind the DJI-Team threads.  That way the more timely discussions are earlier in the Forum list.  Look at the date and time on each of the threads and posts.  Also try to notice how they move down the line as time passes.  Go through each of the pages and you will see that they get older.  BTW, the time in the lower left of the post box is the original post time and date.  On the right side are the latest posts and the moniker of who made the post.

There are also two ways to respond in a thread.  If you use the big text box to reply, the original poster of the thread may not get notified of your reply (DJI may have changed this  though).  To be sure to get the attention of someone who posted something you wanted to discuss, click on the "Reply" tab of their post box.  That will also put the beginning of what they wrote in quotes.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-4-18
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Cetacean Posted at 2017-4-18 02:01
Aloha Dan,

The Threads are not actually disappearing, they are making way for new threads.  Each thread has a date and time.  When a new thread comes along the older thread get displaced.  The only ones that do not get displaces are some of the DJI-Team threads that have important information.

What a clever response. You need to run for office soon. Your country needs you....
2017-4-18
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

I think there are a few bugs in the system that result in some threads getting lost from the recent lists.  A lot of people seem to loose their first ever thread even though those threads do exist.
2017-4-18
Use props
Maxxgold
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19157 ft
United States

If you care about a thread, and you want to follow it, then you can simply make a reply in that thread, and then you can follow it.
2017-4-18
Use props
theGrindLab.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

Some have been deleted due to the information that was posted. In my case, I posted about a website that DJI considered a potential competitor site. In another case I know of, the post was deleted because either it contained misinformation or information on upcoming DJI products that DJI was not ready to go public with (likely because it could potentially affect sales of their current product line).
2017-4-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I'm really not sure what you mean by "dissapearing". Do you mean that particular thread links that you may have saved show up as "deleted", or are you just having a hard time finding them? For the latter, Cetacean provided an accurate reason as to why it could be difficult to find a thread at times.

When it comes to threads be deleted, it can be done by either the OP or by a DJI Forum moderator. Please keep in mind that this is the manufacturer's forum that does have content guidelines that forum members must follow. If the thread does not adhere to said guidelines, they can qualify for deletion by a moderator:

http://forum.dji.com/thread-71515-1-1.html

2017-4-18
Use props
UltraDan
lvl.2
France

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2017-4-19
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

UltraDan Posted at 2017-4-19 02:36
Well, for a start there was a thread about the new dji go app that was posted by dji - it's gone now, I presume due to all the negative comments posted about how poor and buggy the update was. -Edited for inappropriate content-

A lot of the moderators are not Chinese though are they?
2017-4-19
Use props
Bullflyer
lvl.4

Spain

I posted information + link, about a new Phantom 5, and the thread disappeared.........
2017-4-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

OP, if you recall which moderator posted the thread or any information regarding the exact title, date or product setion you saw it in, it can be better looked into. As previously mentioned, not all threads created by moderators are 'pinned' to the top of the product sections or for extraneous lengths of time. If responses start to 'die down', they go farther down the list and are replaced by more active threads. If the thread devolved into inappropriate content, such as offensive language or derailed from the main purpose of the thread, then it could have been removed. Reporting issues with app or firmware releases in of themselves are not qualifications for deletion. Getting feedback on these releases is the only way that these products can ever be improved.

As long as your posts meet the basic requirements of the forum guidelines, then deletion would not be an issue for you. Again, please refer to the link below for the Forum Rules and Regulations:

http://forum.dji.com/thread-71515-1-1.html
2017-4-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-4-19 03:47
A lot of the moderators are not Chinese though are they?

That's correct. There are moderators in various regions that help provide support here, including the US.
2017-4-19
Use props
theGrindLab.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bullflyer Posted at 2017-4-19 08:20
I posted information + link, about a new Phantom 5, and the thread disappeared.........

Yup. That's the other post I was referring to.
2017-4-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Providing a link in a post without any furter substance can be labeled as spam. In addition, we are not able to make any comments on future products that cannot be verified by the available DJI sources (the DJI Website, live conferences etc.)
2017-4-19
Use props
Bullflyer
lvl.4

Spain

Well, let's not waste any more time on this, we all know how it works.................In PhantomPilots there is no censorship
2017-4-19
Use props
Minnesota Q
lvl.2
Flight distance : 183018 ft
United States

I asked If anyone has tried 3D/4D mapping and my thread was killed?? Why?
2017-4-19
Use props
st pauli
lvl.4

United States

ahh, been away awhile and still the same ol forum.
2017-4-19
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Minnesota Q Posted at 2017-4-19 13:55
I asked If anyone has tried 3D/4D mapping and my thread was killed?? Why?

This one:  http://forum.dji.com/thread-93213-1-1.html     ??
A lot of complaints about missing threads are due to people not looking.
2017-4-19
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

If it was like all other Phantom 5 threads, it was a hoax and not worth anyone's attention.
2017-4-19
Use props
Minnesota Q
lvl.2
Flight distance : 183018 ft
United States

Labroides Posted at 2017-4-19 17:00
This one:  http://forum.dji.com/thread-93213-1-1.html     ??
A lot of complaints about missing threads are due to people not looking.

That was the 3rd repost. It was posted under Phantom 4 Pro then moved to Phantom general topic. Then nonlisted. I just wanted to see if anyone has had luck using the 3D apps, I'm a new flyer starting a new business and could use all the input.
2017-4-19
Use props
Bullflyer
lvl.4

Spain

Labroides Posted at 2017-4-19 17:01
If it was like all other Phantom 5 threads, it was a hoax and not worth anyone's attention.

"If it was like all other Phantom 5 threads, it was a hoax and not worth anyone's attention."
Did you see the thread ?
That thread might not have been interesting to you, but for someone who wants to buy a dron, and he hears about the possibility of a new Phantom 5 is coming on the market, I think that the disappeared thread would had been interesting for him.
Once again your comment is only your opinion
2017-4-20
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Bullflyer Posted at 2017-4-20 02:43
"If it was like all other Phantom 5 threads, it was a hoax and not worth anyone's attention."
Did you see the thread ?
That thread might not have been interesting to you, but for someone who wants to buy a dron, and he hears about the possibility of a new Phantom 5 is coming on the market, I think that the disappeared thread would had been interesting for him.

I've seen a number of supposed P5 posts and all have been completely imaginary or hoaxes.
None had any credibility at all.
I'd  be interested to see if it if the one you posted was any different but would be surprised if it was.
2017-4-20
Use props
Bullflyer
lvl.4

Spain

Labroides Posted at 2017-4-20 05:31
I've seen a number of supposed P5 posts and all have been completely imaginary or hoaxes.
None had any credibility at all.
I'd  be interested to see if it if the one you posted was any different but would be surprised if it was.

So, you didn't see the thread, but you give an opinion about that. That is a good actitude in a forum
2017-4-20
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Bullflyer Posted at 2017-4-20 05:44
So, you didn't see the thread, but you give an opinion about that. That is a good actitude in a forum

I've seen lots of P5 threads here and elsewhere.
I've probably seen the one you are talking about.
Every one I saw was garbage.
Unless you saw an undiscovered gem that isn't out where others can find it, it was one that I saw - and none of them had any genuine information about a real P5.
They were either people discussing what MIGHT be in a P5 ... sort of a wish list but framed as if they had actual knowledge or there was a P5X hoax based on DJI's concept video which was made with CGI effects  back in November 2015.
That kind of misinformation would not have been of any use to anyone, but it has sucked in quite a few very gullible people lately.

2017-4-20
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

The only threads that get deleted are those that break forum rules. There is no censorship. A single look at the Service section should make that clear...

Note: Thread has been moved to more appropriate forum section.
2017-4-20
Use props
Bullflyer
lvl.4

Spain

Labroides Posted at 2017-4-20 08:52
I've seen lots of P5 threads here and elsewhere.
I've probably seen the one you are talking about.
Every one I saw was garbage.

" I've probably seen the one you are taking about"

I doubt very much that you know what thread it is, if it were so, we would have heard you.
That is why I tell you, that without reading an information you should not give your opinion, and that is only that, your opinion, nothing more than that. And as you use to say, your opinion in this thread, probably will not be interesting for  anyone.........
2017-4-20
Use props
UltraDan
lvl.2
France

Ok... so... I posted a question / thread this morning asking about the update : dji go app v 4.0.6 and wether it is worth upgrading as the current one shuts down mid flight sometimes, go back to see if there are any reply and get this :
Screenshot_20170420-220638.png
2017-4-20
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

UltraDan Posted at 2017-4-20 12:09
Ok... so... I posted a question / thread this morning asking about the update : dji go app v 4.0.6 and wether it is worth upgrading as the current one shuts down mid flight sometimes, go back to see if there are any reply and get this :

It's right here, no?

http://forum.dji.com/thread-93317-1-1.html.
2017-4-20
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Bullflyer Posted at 2017-4-20 11:38
" I've probably seen the one you are taking about"

I doubt very much that you know what thread it is, if it were so, we would have heard you.

If you really found anything genuine, it would be out there and I'd find it.
That sort of information (if true) doesn't stay hidden.
What you saw was just one of the things I described.
If you're so sure it genuine, PM me a link and I'll tell you if I'm wrong.
2017-4-20
Use props
UltraDan
lvl.2
France

Thanks Joe, when I clicked the link to the thread in my homepage it kept giving me that page?!?! Just another bug in the system I suppose
2017-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules