Rapid Chargers
679 4 2017-4-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RobSinfield
lvl.3
Flight distance : 187493 ft
Canada

I have three batteries for my P4.  The jobs I do tend to be launch to 30 meters, hover for about 3 - 5 minutes, move to the next location and do it again.  I can do this about three times per battery with about 20% - 30% remaining.  I know I should always launch with a full battery, but it's a risk I'm willing to take and I accept the possible consequences.  I'm thinking of adding three more batteries, but the $600 cost kind of sucks.  If I could charge a battery from 30% in thirty minutes, I could make do with the batteries I have.  

The only thing that concerns me is the third party chargers wrecking the batteries.  Does anyone have any experience with rapid chargers?   If so how long did it take to fully charge a single battery?

2017-4-18
Use props
RobSinfield
lvl.3
Canada

Just got a deal at best buy for P4 batteries $169 each.  They're black instead of white but I'm not too concerned with color.
2017-4-18
Use props
P1P3R
lvl.1
Flight distance : 85213 ft
United States

My experience, rapid charging isn't good for any battery type. It absolutely reduces the lifetime of the battery. Get the batteries if you want to be an elite http://store.dji.com/product/phantom-4-intelligent-flight-battery
2017-4-18
Use props
RobSinfield
lvl.3
Canada

I hear ya.  Someone on facebook said the same thing.

I'd rather not purchase direct from DJI.  Best buy has them for $169 CAD which is $126 US.
2017-4-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I wouldn't recommend using 3rd party battery chargers. If the batteries ever suffered damage, it would void the warranty.
2017-4-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules