Been a While - Upgrading Firmware Question
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kevinr621
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36427 ft
United States

P3-Advanced
Currently I have ver : P3S_FW_V01.08.0080.bin for the bird (Last update was April 5, 2016)
for DJI Go - I have managed to download updates to Ver 3.1.8.

My question is am I able to download the latest version for the bird or do I have to go through stages? Any surprises or pitfalls with latest version?
2017-4-18
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Latest for your bird is V1.10.9  Use your app to upgrade. RC first with drone off. Then reboot RC and upgrade drone. There was 2-releases since the version you are on. If you are not having issues, you might fly with what you have. You do not have to upgrade.
2017-4-18
Use props
kevinr621
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36427 ft
United States

RicardoGray Posted at 2017-4-18 15:28
Latest for your bird is V1.10.9  Use your app to upgrade. RC first with drone off. Then reboot RC and upgrade drone. There was 2-releases since the version you are on. If you are not having issues, you might fly with what you have. You do not have to upgrade.

Thank you for the reply - I think I remember a different file for the RC? Am I correct? or do I just download V1.10.9 and use that for the RC?
2017-4-19
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

kevinr621 Posted at 2017-4-19 13:13
Thank you for the reply - I think I remember a different file for the RC? Am I correct? or do I just download V1.10.9 and use that for the RC?

It comes as a package. Yes, there is difference firmware for each device, but it will upgrade accordingly. Follow the recommended procedure and you should have good results. Also, be patient, it can sometimes take a little bit, sometimes not, but many have thought the process was completed and was not....that is when the problems start. Wait for the D-DD especially for your aircraft. If you don't hear it and the camera LED is not green, let it continue. Good Luck.
2017-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules