New Firmware (v3.12) Has Been Updated
28281 336 2015-3-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
myron
lvl.4

Philippines

i was tested the RTH new feature and it works you can control a bit but i noticed the phantom not stable if i steady hover a little bit shakey.
2015-3-6
Use props
wwelvaart
lvl.1

Netherlands

Friday I had my first flight on V3.12. It took a long time before it locked all sats... Yesterday I want for another go and the sats where locked much faster. So far so good!
2015-3-7
Use props
OMOJESU
New

United Kingdom

We all know what happened with the recent past upgrade to 3.10, and with the deafening silence from DJI it only made things worse!
HAS ANYBOBY BOLD ENOUGH TRIED THIS NEW UPGRADE YET?
2015-3-7
Use props
buzzcbr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 316545 ft
United Kingdom

OKAY OKAY OKAY-- - -HERE IT IS !!!!

Ive posted in another section about this but I'll do it here too.

Ive tested the NEW feature and this is how it works, and how it doesn't work.

The new 'auto home and take control feature' ONLY WORKS when the bird enters a LOW BATTERY AUTO RETURN HOME.

When its descending you can move it left, right forwards, backward but not up and down. Great for if its going land somewhere where you dont want it to.

The feature doesn't work if you initiate a return home - i,e, Failsafe mode. The bird will came back and land on its own and you CANT take control of it, unless you switch out of fail-safe and back to ATTI or GPS.

Been flying it today and used 2 batteries to test it fully.

So there you have it, hope that clears things up for you.

If flew like a dream - no issues, everything as it should be, so the new upgrade works for me.

Buzz
2015-3-7
Use props
Naza-PA
lvl.2

United States

OMOJESU Posted at 2015-3-7 20:15
We all know what happened with the recent past upgrade to 3.10, and with the deafening silence from  ...

Quite a few tried it, including me. I did not find it better than 3.08, so I downgraded to 3.08 (mostly because of GPS lock slowness) and I never had any issue with 3.08 to begin with, but I am a newbie.  Just flew it outside of my house - gorgeous bird. Anything was wrong with 3.08?
2015-3-7
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

OMOJESU Posted at 2015-3-7 20:15
We all know what happened with the recent past upgrade to 3.10, and with the deafening silence from  ...

Yes I have downloaded and no issues at all for me, more curiosities about how the new features would work and in what circumstances as there was some confusion initially.
Totally happy here!

I was on 3.08 and thankfully did not do the 3.10 either..
2015-3-7
Use props
Naza-PA
lvl.2

United States

For those who is not happy with where drone regulation is going, instead of venting here, just visit gov website and leave your comment with any usefull proposal to the rule.
Here is the link so you could save time searching for it: http://www.regulations.gov/#!submitComment;D=FAA-2015-0150-0017
Otherwise they would never hear you out. I just left the one. Try to formulate it in more formal way and provide good reasoning.
2015-3-7
Use props
jdlucas
lvl.1

United States

buzzcbr@gmail.c Posted at 2015-3-7 20:59
OKAY OKAY OKAY-- - -HERE IT IS !!!!

Ive posted in another section about this but I'll do it here ...

But doesn't it also give control when landing after turning off the RC forcing a RTH?
2015-3-7
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

jdlucas@embarqm Posted at 2015-3-7 22:48
But doesn't it also give control when landing after turning off the RC forcing a RTH?

jd
Only if you turn the remote control back on after you turn it off to engage RTH, then you can control while landing!
Thinking this through a little bit more I think maybe we start to refer to the on off switch as "S3"...
2015-3-7
Use props
adrianjacobs
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I've just upgraded to v3.12 (P2V+v3.0) and also the latest Vision app (android).

I noticed when starting it up, that I now get a different flashing sequence before take off. It seems to be GPS related:-

green, red, red, red = 4 satellites
green, red, red = 5 satellites
green. red = 6 satellites
green , green, .... = 7 or more satellites.

I don't remember seeing this before. is everything OK? I haven't tried flying it yet.
2015-3-7
Use props
BWJ
Second Officer

Denmark

adrianjacobs@nt Posted at 2015-3-8 02:09
I've just upgraded to v3.12 (P2V+v3.0) and also the latest Vision app (android).

I noticed when sta ...

So it has been all the time in NAZA mode
2015-3-7
Use props
adrianjacobs
lvl.3

United Kingdom

BWJ Posted at 2015-3-8 02:21
So it has been al the time in NAZA mode

That's good news, I hadnt noticed! Cheers!  Maybe cos where I normally fly I get 9 satellites pretty quickly
2015-3-7
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-3-7 23:47
jd
Only if you turn the remote control back on after you turn it off to engage RTH, then you can co ...

Hate to reply to my own post though as thought and rumored and dreamt...
Turning off the RC (S3 to off) with the Phantom in Flight did initiate an RTH and a few seconds after the RTH was initiated I turned the RC back on (S3 on) and by this time the Phantom had already started towards it's RTH altitude and came back to it's home point and I had full control to navigate the Phantom throught the landing...I did this a few times and it was flawless! I had also ran the battery down to initiate an RTH and upon returning to the Home Point I had full control to navigate it then as well..Oh..I've decided to refer to the on/off switch as the S3 switch and thankfully it only has two positions...on or off.
2015-3-7
Use props
nascarracer
lvl.1

United States

i m waiting on my copper tape to help with GPS loss i have v2.0 so far everybody been telling me to get copper tape that it has worked for them just very week GPS when i get it up30 feet or better i get 6 or 7 so ill give it a try
2015-3-7
Use props
briangrounsell
lvl.2

New Zealand

Can someone from DJI confirm when the Mac OS version of 3.12 will be available. Several people have posted about this but no response.
Thanks
2015-3-7
Use props
Marian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 340597 ft
Ireland

briangrounsell@ Posted at 2015-3-8 04:22
Can someone from DJI confirm when the Mac OS version of 3.12 will be available. Several people have  ...

Hey Brian,

The update for Mac is available in the same way as it is for Windows. I am using a Mac and did the update just today without any problems. Sometimes when using the Phantom assistant, the update does not start immediately (at least not when I am using it) so I have to go to the update tab (Phantom plugged in to Mac and is started) and double check there again. Once clicked on the firmware you wish to update, a new window should appear. In this case I have to click "check again" and the update process starts.

I couldn't fly my Phantom so far because of strong winds, but I already can tell that the GPS did improve with this update. In my apartment from normally 5 to now 8.
I barely remember, but also think that I read about these problems that Mac users cannot see the updates. However, if I recall it correctly, some people couldn't see the update because they did the update from 3.8 to 3.10 and then back to 3.8, but I am not 100% sure!

2015-3-7
Use props
nascarracer
lvl.1

United States

well thats good if it did improve the GPS i hope it did
2015-3-7
Use props
SAFrankSU
lvl.3
United States

adrianjacobs@nt Posted at 2015-3-8 02:09

I noticed when sta ...

My man you're in Naza mode. Those light sequences are normal.

3red, 1 green = 5 or less Satellites
2R,1G = 5 Sat
1R,1G = 6 or more Sat
All Green = More than 6 Satellites

I have also upgraded to the new firmware. When I first calibrated my compass however, it went straight to flashing red and was in flashing red (no matter how many buttons I pressed). I turned my Phantom off and on, calibrated and everything seemed to work just fine.
2015-3-7
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

briangrounsell@ Posted at 2015-3-8 04:22
Can someone from DJI confirm when the Mac OS version of 3.12 will be available. Several people have  ...

It has been there for a while,
You have to download the 3.8 Assistant which contains the 3.12 firmware...look again, very closely!It is actually the first Mac software v 3.8 right under windows....look closer........
2015-3-7
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

i'm getting 9 to 12 satelites with version 3.08 FW.  still going to wait a little.
2015-3-7
Use props
nascarracer
lvl.1

United States

well im still going to do the copper lining over the other GPS cover to help with it everbody iv talk to said it works great so i orded it today so thats what im waiting on i hope to get it by thursday its going to rain here all this week in Alabama anyway so i hope it works for me  lol if not i'll be crying lol
2015-3-7
Use props
briancs
New

United States

My Phantom 2 Vision+ 3.0 has been flying fine using Firmware 3.8 but yesterday I decided to upgrade to the new version 3.12 and that was a big mistake. Not sure if anyone else is having issue with this version but here is what happened to me.
First flight compass good 9 sats found and off we go within seconds it just takes off on it's own and crashes.
Second flight, compass good 9 sats then suddenly no Sat's and compass cal required. Cal the compass again then all good with 9 Sats. Take off and its gone again try to take control manually and no go it just goes until it hits a tree.
This time I set it up do the compass cal make sure I have sat's 9 again and start the motors and let it sit. As I watch the app I see the Sats go from 9 to 0 as this happens the compass goes from GPS to none GPS over and over again. At some point It just says compass cal required. This loop just continues, not sure what happened but I can no longer get and hold a Sat lock.
Weather was clear, no powerlines or other interference. Flown here many times no issues under 3.8 always fast compass cal, and always 7 to 9 Sats.
This is screwed up it cost me 4 blades and busted landing gear. I don't get why they can test these firmware release before the push them out. I love this product but this may not be worth it.
Thanks
Brian
2015-3-7
Use props
Naza-PA
lvl.2

United States

briancs@frontie Posted at 2015-3-8 10:13
My Phantom 2 Vision+ 3.0 has been flying fine using Firmware 3.8 but yesterday I decided to upgrade  ...

Do not panic. You can downgrade back to FW 3.8 with Phantom Assistant v.3.6. This is not the end of the world. I have same configuration and I did not notice any of the symptoms you described. New FW makes GPS a bit slower as it switch to green only when > 6 sats are available, so it takes a bit longer. Otherwise, it was not much to complain about 3.12, but I managed to tip bird over on the side during an attempt to stop motors with CS? whatever. Luckily, I succedded with stopping motors, so it did not cause even a scratch on propellers. I am using "throttle down" from now on to avoid these incidents.Believe it or not, I calibrated compas only once, when received my bird and never since, even after FW updates/downgrades and everything works just fine.

2015-3-7
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

briancs@frontie Posted at 2015-3-8 10:13
My Phantom 2 Vision+ 3.0 has been flying fine using Firmware 3.8 but yesterday I decided to upgrade  ...

Wow...3.08 was good to me though I have done the update..just finished two more flights so a total of 5 for the day today...and a total of 7 since the update...
Only thing I noticed today is I ran the battery's to what should have been an RTH state and in the first instance I got the warning on my phone but subsequent flights did not give the message, only the audible from my phone...so I will have to keep a close eye on this, otherwise very happy.

DJI..PLEASE COMMENT ON THE FACT THERE IS NO MESSAGE COMING UP ON MY iPhone TO INDICATE THE ADVANCE WARNING TO COME HOME
2015-3-7
Use props
markver010
lvl.2
United States

Naza-PA Posted at 2015-3-7 22:09
Quite a few tried it, including me. I did not find it better than 3.08, so I downgraded to 3.08 (mo ...

Same here, downgraded back to V3.08, I tried V3.12 and didn't like the GPS lock time or the hunting in GPS mode when trying to do a stationary hover. I shoot for Real Estate and really need a stable platform to shoot from, V3.08 works better for my purpose. Thanks for the input.
2015-3-7
Use props
briancs
New

United States

pdrr.nc@gmail.c Posted at 2015-3-6 22:47
After the update (3.12) I'm getting compass calibration errors. On the first spin the green light ap ...

Same here, I rolled back to v3.8 now the compass cal won't work at all. Ugh!
2015-3-7
Use props
briancs
New

United States

neil@barker.com Posted at 2015-3-5 17:13
Fly-away after upgrade to 3.12.
I was just thinking how well my P2V+ has been lately. I was running  ...

I have the same issue with mine after the upgrad.
2015-3-7
Use props
briancs
New

United States

Naza-PA Posted at 2015-3-8 10:38
Do not panic. You can downgrade back to FW 3.8 with Phantom Assistant v.3.6. This is not the end of ...

Update, rolled back to 3.08 and now the Sat's are back and don't drop out randomly like they were. However, now the Phantoms compass will no longer calibrate Tried for over an hour with 9 Sat's showing and no mater what i did it will not Calibrate. Tried to fly in None GPS mode the Bird is unstable motors rev and it wants to take off, grabbed it before it could bet away. None of this was an issue before the upgrade to 3.12 so I am stuck as I don't feel it's safe to fly.
2015-3-7
Use props
lpabmendez
lvl.1

United States

Probably best to wait a few weeks to make sure this firmware upgrade does not have any bugs.
2015-3-8
Use props
adrianjacobs
lvl.3

United Kingdom

OK, 1st flights this morning, 2 batteries worth, with V3.12 and everything went perfect.  Tried most Naza M facilities (HL, CL, GPS & Atti) and all went great. Still havent plucked up courage to try a RTH or failsafe.

Flew in a new area so not sure what the previous GPS count would have been like but I got a solid 11 this morning so quite happy with that.
2015-3-8
Use props
Naza-PA
lvl.2

United States

briancs@frontie Posted at 2015-3-8 11:25
Update, rolled back to 3.08 and now the Sat's are back and don't drop out randomly like they were. ...

Not sure, but compass calibration has no relation to GPS operation. Two are independent entities. I did not recalibrate compass yet, because of all ground is covered with snow. I do not want to recalibrate on black top. BTW after vertical calibration LED switch to GPS status mode. The compass calibration is succesfull if you do not get red/yellow LEDs flashing in turn after vertical (second/last) step. The drone may need an advanced calibration, you know, the one with assitant software on level surface (make sure of that with levels). I would suggest to level the bird itself not the surface. Remove props and use level to level drone by placing level on motor shafts and shimming drone landing gears with pieces of paper until it is perfectly leveled.
2015-3-8
Use props
adrianjacobs
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Guy Posted at 2015-3-8 20:35
Good news. Which Phantom do you have?

Regards

Phantom 2 Vision+ V3.0
2015-3-8
Use props
nascarracer
lvl.1

United States

man iv been hearing about compasses not working flyaways man and i got the new firmware yesterday but now i dont wont to fly it i dont wont to loose it .....
2015-3-8
Use props
nascarracer
lvl.1

United States

yea iv got the v2.0 i dont know what to do lol i dont know how to roll back to 3.08 so
2015-3-8
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

adrianjacobs@nt Posted at 2015-3-8 20:05
OK, 1st flights this morning, 2 batteries worth, with V3.12 and everything went perfect.  Tried most ...

I have 7 flights so far and have tried everything imaginable in NAZA mode and everything seems fine in that regard, as well I have shut off the remote and back on and RTH worked as advertised with control on the landing...
The only niggle I have is I ran several flights to the battery limit and on the first one did I get the "go home in 10 seconds" warning or "cancel" option which I ignored and let her come home which she did and I had full control during landing..on the next flight I chose the "cancel" and brought it back on my own but then on subsequent flights I received no message and only an audible froom my phone and fortunately had been keeping an eye on the battery so I was close enough to bring her back without issue...I will try this again today but it was consistent yesterday!
2015-3-8
Use props
nascarracer
lvl.1

United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-3-8 23:16
I have 7 flights so far and have tried everything imaginable in NAZA mode and everything seems fine ...

ok thanks its just scary hearing about these flyaways with 3.12
2015-3-8
Use props
Jackvg
lvl.2

Netherlands

I wonder about these fly-aways after the update to 3.12. Did the users who experienced this, also calibrated everything again after the update? So, transmitter, IMU, compass etc.
2015-3-8
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Jackvg Posted at 2015-3-9 00:19
I wonder about these fly-aways after the update to 3.12. Did the users who experienced this, also ca ...

After the updates I verified all settings were in tolerance and all looked good so no recal on the IMU, also checked the RC was Calibrated throught the P2VA as well and all was good.

Only thing I did was the compass dance and like I said, I have 7 flights and one of them was, well, pretty high and on another flight a Hawk came to check me out and I got a bit of cool video of it but trying to get that damn bird (hawk) to hold still was not happening..the Phantom was as stable as a rock when hovering at all altitudes

I have made the suggestion before and it maybe extreme but if you are encountering any issues after the upgrade do a hard reset of everything and reload, it has certainly helped others and does not take that much time ie. No more than the time than for a flight with a fully charged battery!
2015-3-8
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

my compass works great in v3.08
2015-3-8
Use props
nascarracer
lvl.1

United States

well its goimg to be raining all week here im alabama and im waiting on my copper tape so i can try and get a better GPS lock iv also heard of people putting there GPS unit on the outside on top of the shell i dont know how well that would work tho???
2015-3-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules