Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Firmware (v3.12) Has Been Updated
27589 336 2015-3-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
briancs
New

United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-3-9 10:16
Brian
You must trash the 3.x on the computer you have and re download the 3.8 which has the 3.12 fi ...

No they have totally trashed things, I removed the downloads completely so that they don't show on my computer at all. Download the 3.8 with 3.12 software in it and the bird still reports not update available to download.
At one point I had the bird updated to 3.12 but it total hosed up everything. Could not get or keep a GPS signal it would show 9 sat's then O sat's the screen would change from GPS to none GPS over and over again. Compass will not calibrate at all tried all the tricks no go. Birds is unstable and attempts to flyaway.
Rolled back to 3.08 firmware to try and fix this, GPS seems to be stable again but compass still will not calibrate Spend about 8 or 10 hours tried everything still no calibration.
Important note: I had none of these issue prior to trying the upgrade to 3.12 the bird was flawless until I updated. Now its broken and not safe to fly.
Yes I tried the magnet thing, I have tried everything still no go.
2015-3-9
Use props
briancs
New

United States

nascarracer@liv Posted at 2015-3-9 19:41
Compass problems flyaways what is going on with 3.12 wow

Same here your not alone! No answers yet sorry.
2015-3-9
Use props
cayers13
lvl.3

United States

I'm terrified to update, guess I'll just leave 3.08 if people are reporting issues
2015-3-9
Use props
Gunther
lvl.2

Germany

I did the update V 3.12.  I've flown 3 batteries and have no problems Naza mode .
It is interesting for me to know how many pilots fly with the new Udate (V3.12) already.
.... by the way: how many of them flying with a phantom, even when nothing was done and no trackers or similar things were made.
2015-3-9
Use props
kenargo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

briancs@frontie Posted at 2015-3-10 02:27
No they have totally trashed things, I removed the downloads completely so that they don't show on ...

How did you roll-back to 3.8?
2015-3-9
Use props
kenargo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Gunther Posted at 2015-3-10 03:22
I did the update V 3.12.  I've flown 3 batteries and have no problems Naza mode .
It is interes ...

I have been flying 3.12 and all has been working well but a number of things in my app that used to work appear to have stopped working so I'm investigating those.
2015-3-9
Use props
samcod137
New

United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-3-9 08:08
samcod,
Best I can suggest is to hard reset the Phantom (dump its firmware) and then turn it off.
Du ...

Northofthe49th, I did the hard reset and had success (sort of). Now I can power on the drone and all RC values are up to spec after a recalibration but still don't have gps fly mode. tried degaussing the compass to no avail. Still working on it. Thx for getting me this far!!
2015-3-9
Use props
briancs
New

United States

kenargo Posted at 2015-3-10 03:45
How did you roll-back to 3.8?

The download was still available on the site. I downloaded the 3.6 assistant software and that let me roll back to 3.08 firmware.
2015-3-9
Use props
samcod137
New

United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-3-9 08:08
samcod,
Best I can suggest is to hard reset the Phantom (dump its firmware) and then turn it off.
Du ...

Ok, success! I waited a little while after the normal compass calibration and it seem like it just needed more time to acquire the satelites.
2015-3-9
Use props
rod
lvl.4

New Zealand

Hi all,
first flight with 3.12 on my PV2+.  All good, performed as it should- all switch positions operating as they should- I'm happy.
Rod and the cheshire cat.
{:3_48:}
2015-3-9
Use props
smatchet42
lvl.2

United States

I upgraded to 3.12 several days ago. Have since flown about a dozen missions with no problems whatsoever. Everything works on my PV2+, V3 and everything in the DJI Vision app works perfectly. In fact, today I flew the Phantom farther than I ever did before, and never lost the control or video signal. Can't explain why some are having problems, while others not, but I'm happy.
2015-3-9
Use props
rixlumb1
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I thought recalibrate every thing after an upgrade was standard procedure.!! lol
Compass cal. everytime I fly,  even at the same site.
Better to be precautious. Still dont understand where the interference would come from for 'flyaways' if flown according to the safety rules, away from built up areas and the like and obviously not near phone repeater stations or ground radars possibly
2015-3-9
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

rixlumb1@gmail. Posted at 2015-3-10 08:28
I thought recalibrate every thing after an upgrade was standard procedure.!! lol
Compass cal. ever ...

It IS standard procedure for a lot of us, but for some, they have no clue.
2015-3-9
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

samcod137 Posted at 2015-3-10 04:24
Ok, success! I waited a little while after the normal compass calibration and it seem like it just ...

Awesome, thanks for the update..happy flying and I have 10+ going since the upgrade, launching in a few min as just got home from work...
2015-3-9
Use props
ch1_wong
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31785 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

Tried again today. Hooked up my P2 to Assistant software and there are updates. updated my P2 and H3-3D. (I believed it's something to do with the server in the past couple of days) After power cycle my gimbal bricked. Did the hard reset thing for the gimbal and everything's fine again. Flown once in GPS mode. 400 metres distance away tested. Seem to be fine. However I noticed that the gimbal after the latest update isn't properly 'horizon-ed'. Somehow it's a few degree tilted. Gonna hook up to Zen software and figure it out later.
2015-3-9
Use props
briankiser
lvl.2

I updated my PV2 to the v3.12 - havent flown yet because:

1.) I have no battery readout on the App - just shows 0%
2.) I have no GPS count of satellites
3.) I have no flight data at bottom of app ( Distance, Altitude or Speed)

I still have a video feed and can take pictures or videos?  What controls the feed of the stats in 1-3 above?

Thanks,
Brian
2015-3-10
Use props
teedo757
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1870 ft
United States

Updated yesterday....On a Mac. I trashed the old assistant software and downloaded the latest version and then the update showed up. I power cycled and re calibrated and reset my settings in the assistant. Took it outside and tried compass calibration....no luck so after 3 times trying I rebooted and tried again. Worked fine after the reboot. Getting GPS took a lot longer then normal so I moved it to a more clear location and it still seemed to acquire very slowly. Finally got a lock but it kept going in and out, after 3-4 minutes I got up to 10 satellites while flying around. Overall it flew very well considering the wind but I kept it low and slow and ran it threw some tests. So far so good for me.
2015-3-10
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

Brian,
Do you have a TX on your RC and is it fully charged?
I think the RC is what is feeding the data to the Phone or tablet..
Have you checked that your RC is up to date?
Also, I would reload the app on the device you are using.
I had heard of some issues with different versions of Android so not sure if you are using that, I am on an iPhone and it is all working and displaying fine..
2015-3-10
Use props
Marian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 340597 ft
Ireland

Just back from my first flight with the new update v3.12.
I updated a couple of days back, but couldn't fly because of strong winds. I flew two batteries and everything went absolutely fine.
I did test all the settings so far and GPS, Atti, Failsafe, CL & HL still work as they did with the last version, so no changes here.
When turning off the remote and RTH is initiated you can control the phantom only when it is descending, (left, right, up, down, forwards and backwards - all the normal controls). Really handy feature! If you stop controlling the phantom while in RTH, the phantom then just goes ahead and descents further until it lands. I did not test this feature during low battery auto return to home. I will do that next time.

All in all it did what it is supposed to do without any issues and it picked up the satellites quiet fast.
2015-3-10
Use props
briankiser
lvl.2

Thanks Northofthe49th -

I am using a iPhone 6 plus.  I have the stock setup for a PV2 (not a plus) .

Also - just flew it at lunch - seems to fly fine, it was a little slow to get GPS signal but finally started flashing green on the back of the aircraft.  Still no readouts of battery, speed, alt, Distance, GPS etc.  I do however see that the SD Card is installed and that the Extender is illuminated.  I am attaching pics for your reference:  Thanks in advance for any help!

UpdatePageBEK2015.jpg
2015-3-10
Use props
briankiser
lvl.2

And here is what I see:

IMG_0409.PNG
2015-3-10
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

You do not have the latest firmware!
Main controller should read 3.12

Download the latest 3.8 software which has the 3.12 firmware embedded in it...http://www.dji.com/support
2015-3-10
Use props
NachoKaoS
lvl.1

Spain

works fine for me PV2+V3 iphone 6plus ios 8.2,fly 3 batterys all works fine, i fly in naza mode.
2015-3-10
Use props
i_anderson
lvl.2

United States

Your iPhone display is definitely telling you you're not connected to the bird, hence no data. The top line of the display should be saying it's connected.

Here's my sequence;

- turn on airplane mode on the phone.(That disables any incoming calls or texts which will break things later).
- power the bird up.
- re-enable wifi. That will offer you a list of available networks. Select "Phantom-xxxxx".
- start the vision app and all should be good, including data on # of sats, battery level etc etc.

Good luck,
Cheers,
Iam

2015-3-10
Use props
briankiser
lvl.2

i_anderson@iclo Posted at 2015-3-11 02:21
Your iPhone display is definitely telling you you're not connected to the bird, hence no data. The ...

I get the Video Feed fine - and it shows that I have SD Card installed, WiFi signal is strong and the Extender is on - how is it transmitting all that without transmitting any data regarding battery, altitude, speed, distance or Satellites connected?  What part of the Phantom transmits that data?

Tried Airplane Mode with exact same results.
Thanks for suggestion,
Brian
2015-3-10
Use props
i_anderson
lvl.2

United States

briankiser@me.c Posted at 2015-3-11 02:26
I get the Video Feed fine - and it shows that I have SD Card installed, WiFi signal is strong and  ...

No sir!

You're looking at a 'static' picture that as far as I can tell gets 'left over' from the last time it was connected! I guarantee if you move the bird that picture will not update. The phone *must* be on the Phantom wifi network for it to work as advertised.

Cheers,
Ian
2015-3-10
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

briankiser@me.c Posted at 2015-3-11 02:26
I get the Video Feed fine - and it shows that I have SD Card installed, WiFi signal is strong and  ...

Brian,
See my last post, you do not have the latest firmware installed!
You are on 3.08 and need 3.12
http://www.dji.com/support
2015-3-10
Use props
briankiser
lvl.2

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-3-11 02:06
You do not have the latest firmware!
Main controller should read 3.12

Do I have to upgrade to V3.12??  That is when all of this stuff happened and I reverted BACK to 3.08.

I probably need to re-flash and start over?

Brian
2015-3-10
Use props
briankiser
lvl.2

i_anderson@iclo Posted at 2015-3-11 02:30
No sir!

You're looking at a 'static' picture that as far as I can tell gets 'left over' from the  ...

I flew this all around for about 5 minutes about 2 hours ago - none of the data changed - battery stayed at 0%, NO GPS Sats showed up, no Speed, no Altitude, and no Distance readings ever, - and the Main Issue I have - NO TILT CONTROL of camera...Thanks

Brian
2015-3-10
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

briankiser@me.c Posted at 2015-3-11 02:33
Do I have to upgrade to V3.12??  That is when all of this stuff happened and I reverted BACK to 3. ...

I am not sure, look back at the 3.8 release notes which are before the 3.12 and see if those features should be there....
Some folks than went to 3.10 had other strange things happen that did not seem to go back to normal after they tried to back to 3.8 and maybe problems continued to their 3.12...crap shoot though, if in doubt...wipe it out and start over...or just try the update and if that don't work the do the former!
I bypassed 3.10 and went straight to 3.12 and could not be happier!
2015-3-10
Use props
i_anderson
lvl.2

United States

briankiser@me.c Posted at 2015-3-11 02:36
I flew this all around for about 5 minutes about 2 hours ago - none of the data changed - battery  ...

Sure, it'll fly but that 'live' image didn't update, correct?

And yeah, hitting the camera up-down buttons in the app won't do anything until its connected to the Phantom wifi network!

Nothing to do with the firmware rev. Again, your phone *must* be connected to the phantoms wifi network.

Cheers,
Ian
2015-3-10
Use props
briankiser
lvl.2

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-3-11 02:39
I am not sure, look back at the 3.8 release notes which are before the 3.12 and see if those featu ...

The hard reset requires jumpers and such - and opening the craft - correct?  Oh what fun.

I just wish I could find out what part of the phantom is responsible for sending the feeds for Batt,GPS,Speed,Alt, and Distance.  

Its odd that I get the Video feed and can still take pictures and video???

Brian
2015-3-10
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

briankiser@me.c Posted at 2015-3-11 02:43
The hard reset requires jumpers and such - and opening the craft - correct?  Oh what fun.

I just  ...

I would just do a fresh and full software reload on you Mac/PC and then load the new firmware and your phone app just to start clean...takes very little time to try and make sure you reboot the phone as well after you delte the old app, then power on and reload..I did all I stated and worked first try and no issues, zero, none, nada!
2015-3-10
Use props
briankiser
lvl.2

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-3-11 02:50
I would just do a fresh and full software reload on you Mac/PC and then load the new firmware and  ...

I uninstalled the iPhone App - rebooted iPhone and reinstalled App - still not working.

Sorry for the question but - what exactly entails "just doing a fresh and full software reload?"

Thanks for your time!
Brian
2015-3-10
Use props
briankiser
lvl.2

i_anderson@iclo Posted at 2015-3-11 02:43
Sure, it'll fly but that 'live' image didn't update, correct?

And yeah, hitting the camera up-dow ...

Yes - The Live image worked just as it always has - I can record video and take pictures.

Brian
2015-3-10
Use props
i_anderson
lvl.2

United States

briankiser@me.c Posted at 2015-3-11 03:19
Yes - The Live image worked just as it always has - I can record video and take pictures.

Brian

How do you intiate video recording or taking a picture? Until the phone & the bird are on the same network it's just not possible.

Unless I'm very, very much mistaken.....

Please connect the phone to the phantom network and report back.

Cheers,
Ian
PS - unless you're 'manually' initiating recording before flight? AFAIK, the live video downlink (and battery status etc) is all carried over wifi. Without that, it cannot possibly be working!
2015-3-10
Use props
briankiser
lvl.2

i_anderson@iclo Posted at 2015-3-11 03:30
How do you intiate video recording or taking a picture? Until the phone & the bird are on the same ...

I can initiate video and picture taking thru the APP soft buttons on the right of the app and have full FPV while flying.

I turn on Airplane mode, turn on wifi - then connect to Phantom_06XXX, then open the DJI app and see a live video feed.

I believe something separate (separate board) transmits the data regarding the flight such as battery, alt, speed, GPS lock etc.

Brian

2015-3-10
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

briankiser@me.c Posted at 2015-3-11 03:17
I uninstalled the iPhone App - rebooted iPhone and reinstalled App - still not working.

Sorry for ...

Turn on your Mac or PC, uninstall existing phantom vision assistant software and RC assistant software and then go to the DGI support page I listed http://www.dji.com/support earlier and Download latest Phantom assistant software 3.8 which includes the 3.12 firmware that will eventually get dumped into your Phantom. Also download the RC Assistant software v1.2 that gets dumped into your RC and if you have a Phantom with the camera (depending on your version) you may have to do that as well (there is a minor ritual for that but easy to do)..

Check how this link also, some very good how to's..
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mv8d1h ... ry%20Guide.pdf?dl=0
2015-3-10
Use props
i_anderson
lvl.2

United States

briankiser@me.c Posted at 2015-3-11 03:42
I can initiate video and picture taking thru the APP soft buttons on the right of the app and have ...

Ahh, OK - That wasn't the case in the screen capture you posted! (In that one, you were not connected to the Phantom!)

So, you're saying that just the battery levels etc aren't being displayed? That's a different can of worms entirely.

Don't know about battery levels etc, they must all be transmitted via wifi or else would never show on the phone. As for camera tilt control for the app, are you sure it's set to use the buttons and not the iPhone accelerometer? (That caught me out earlier - it's a setting in the app somewhere, but you could test it by removing the phone from the mount and tilting it.)

Cheers,
IanEDIT; Meant to note that 3.12 is all working wonderfully for me too.
2015-3-10
Use props
briankiser
lvl.2

i_anderson@iclo Posted at 2015-3-11 04:03
Ahh, OK - That wasn't the case in the screen capture you posted! (In that one, you were not connect ...

I was connected to the Phantom wifi - note the blue color on the "wifi symbol" and the blue color of the "extender" along with the blue color of the SD card.

Also - the picture in view was live as well - and color - I think typically if your not connected it will be a black or greyed out screen.

I have popped open the Phantom and checked all connections - nothing seems to be out of sorts.  Guess I will pop open the camera next?

Also - the button ABOVE the camera tilt buttons, that looks like a gyro, is the iPhone accelerometer function of the camera - it is not activated - thus greyed out.

Thanks for all of your help - I hope I don't have to send it in...

Brian

2015-3-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules