New Firmware (v3.12) Has Been Updated
28293 336 2015-3-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
briankiser
lvl.2

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-3-11 03:54
Turn on your Mac or PC, uninstall existing phantom vision assistant software and RC assistant soft ...

Thank you I will do this.  If this doesn't work I guess I will have to send it to DJI in California...

Thanks again!
Brian
2015-3-10
Use props
i_anderson
lvl.2

United States

briankiser@me.c Posted at 2015-3-11 04:13
I was connected to the Phantom wifi - note the blue color on the "wifi symbol" and the blue color  ...

No sir!..... Here's a copy of what you posted!......

Big ol' "N/A" in the wifi name field at the top. ;)
No big deal, hope you get her sorted.

Cheers,
Ian
image.jpg
2015-3-10
Use props
qualsystems
lvl.4
Flight distance : 129514 ft
United States

be sure to remove and redownload your phone app when  you do this!
2015-3-10
Use props
memelivorno
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287474 ft
Italy

Hi guys, someone here has stored and share with me FC200 camera firmware version 1.2.9g? Seems impossible to find it, I would like to downgrade from 1.3.0g to 1.2.9g but I can't find the zip file..
2015-3-10
Use props
rondrice
lvl.1

United States

pawry@tlen.pl Posted at 2015-3-9 19:49
Yeap, we're still waiting for next bug free update

Yeah, it could be called v3.08. If everything was functioning and flying well with v3.08 then why fix it to start with? Now it's broke.
2015-3-10
Use props
briankiser
lvl.2

i_anderson@iclo Posted at 2015-3-11 04:25

Big ol' "N/A" in the wifi name field at the  ...

OK Thanks - I do have a video feed though and can take pictures and initiate recording.  What is the blue wifi symbol mean in the top right mean?

Do you have any advice on how to connect to the wifi of the actual copter?  I have done everything from deleting software on the phone and computer, un binded and re binded to extender.  I am at a loss...

Brian
2015-3-10
Use props
CaptGil
lvl.1

United States

Can anyone please confirm the ascent rate with the 3.12 update when using the RTH or Ground Station feature?  When I upgraded to 3.10 the climb rate pretty much equaled that of the 6 fps descent rate under these two modes.  When I downgraded back to 3.08 the rate of climb was triple the descent.  I don't want to upgrade to 3.12 if this issue is still there.
2015-3-10
Use props
briankiser
lvl.2

United States

i_anderson@iclo Posted at 2015-3-11 04:25

Big ol' "N/A" in the wifi name field at the  ...

Here is a video of my issues.
http://youtu.be/gHB5DayJpt4
2015-3-10
Use props
briankiser
lvl.2

United States

I am testing a different wifi extender tomorrow to see if this remedies the issues.
Thanks.
Brian
2015-3-10
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

CaptGil Posted at 2015-3-11 06:12
Can anyone please confirm the ascent rate with the 3.12 update when using the RTH or Ground Station  ...

see first page of this thread, it is listed in the release notes
2015-3-10
Use props
fhagan02
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1854908 ft
United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-3-9 04:57
Go to the link below and look at the apple, it shows 3.8 and under that (and within that) is the 3 ...

Oh yeah. Found it. Thanks much.

But I think I'll wait a bit after seeing the recent posts. Everything on both my Phantom 2's works just perfect. I've already had to return 2 H3-3D gimbals due to firmware updates the leave the gimbal completely none responsive. (Even after the "flash the gimbal's firmware with tweezers" trick.)
2015-3-10
Use props
briankiser
lvl.2

United States

fhagan02@me.com Posted at 2015-3-11 07:45
Oh yeah. Found it. Thanks much.

But I think I'll wait a bit after seeing the recent posts. Everyt ...

I agree - my PV2 was flying perfectly until the update.  Its kind of like Apple - wait a few weeks for everyone to test the new software and then update if it doesnt seem to have any bugs.  V3.08 for the MC was perfect for me.  I wish I could do the last 24 hours over...

Brian
2015-3-10
Use props
rixlumb1
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I upgraded my P2 V2 + iosd mini with the latest 3.08 assistant (with the 3.12 firmware) without a hitch.
did all the recal of the controls/switches, as you should. All details about battery and gain levels looked the same.
Did the standard rotating compass swing,  away from any metalwork, including phone and keys...no problem.
Sat it down in the conservatory and after a little longer than normal got 6-7 sats. inside.
I would expect this time to be longer after overwriting the memory as the GPS almanac for the last known positions of the satellites is probably stored in there. One just needs to be patient.
tested all the light sequences still match the switch positions.
Haven't flown yet, too dark now and still working on a fix for the walkera G2D gimble pitch control using NAZA output Y2
2015-3-10
Use props
CaptGil
lvl.1

United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-3-11 07:41
see first page of this thread, it is listed in the release notes

Sorry I do not see this being addressed in the release notes.  Could you please copy that note for me?   I have re-read them and nothing to pertaining to "ASCENT" rate.  Thanks
2015-3-10
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

CaptGil Posted at 2015-3-11 10:14
Sorry I do not see this being addressed in the release notes.  Could you please copy that note for ...

see item "c" in major new features, please read the whole thing!
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... age%3D1&lang=en
2015-3-11
Use props
reaktor
lvl.2
Flight distance : 276844 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi Brian,
All of the telemetry data comes through the camera base module. Check & reseat the 3 connectors that go into that square camera base module.

If that doesn't sort it, and your problems started after a firmware update, I would be inclined to reset the firmware and reload it from scratch.
2015-3-11
Use props
briankiser
lvl.2

reaktor@gmail.c Posted at 2015-3-11 17:37
Hi Brian,
All of the telemetry data comes through the camera base module. Check & reseat the 3 conne ...

Thank - I have made sure the connections are tight at both connections on the camera - the jack plug and the orange/red/brown servo type wire.

I wonder if somehow my Phantom 2 Vision thinks its a Phantom 1?

I dont have a clear understanding of "reset the firmware" - I have loaded up and down from 3.08 to 3.12 back to 3.08 and npow back to 3.12??  Is there a HARD RESET procedure?

Thanks,
Brian
2015-3-11
Use props
briankiser
lvl.2

ALL - this morning i borrowed another range extender from my friends PV2+ - I bound to the camera and still get the same results so it appears that my aircraft is NOT transmitting this data to the range extender.  I still get a video feed and can take pictures and video without a hitch.

Very odd,
Brian
2015-3-11
Use props
stevecorlew
New

United States

neverstop74@gma Posted at 2015-3-4 07:33
Just upgraded and now the gimball controls aren't working to point the camera up/down.  Any ideas on ...

I have also updated to 3.12
My gimbal now jumps when i try to move vertically.
I have tried all calibrations, tried to go back to 3.08 and problem still exists.
Also - the craft now loses connection with phone much sooner and does not reconnect if you go out of range.
Can anyone please help.  This is very frustrating.  I know i should have waited but have new laptop and installed the DJI programs and wanted to ensure new laptop would work and connect and work with the phantom vision 2 plus.
just went to Niagara Falls and took a video- it came out horrible due to the gimbal jumping.
I've spent hours messing with this and hope there is a new firmware coming out to help fix this issue.
trust me i've tried everything including going back to my old pc and loading 3.08 to phantom and RC but the gimbal issue still was there even after going back to 3.08
so i went back to 3.12 as there was no difference (except maybe the going out of range issue).
This is a sad thing to do to Customers and then leave them hanging - DJI must know about this issue.
Others are experiencing the same.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I am at a loss....
2015-3-11
Use props
stevecorlew
New

United States

I have same issue and re-calibrate does not work.  you can mess with gimbal gain settings to get the jumping to a minimum but it is still horrible.  I've tried everything i can think of and spent hours on this.
Also - the compass on my phone is calibrated - the drone compass is calibrated and re-calibrated and the radar still points in wrong direction on the android phone. I have three phones and none of them work correctly with this 3.12 updated firmware.
2015-3-11
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

stevecorlew@gma Posted at 2015-3-12 01:05
I have same issue and re-calibrate does not work.  you can mess with gimbal gain settings to get t ...

Did you calibrate the X1 in the PT2 program when the Phantom was connected?
2015-3-11
Use props
pawry
lvl.4

Poland

stevecorlew@gma Posted at 2015-3-12 01:01
I have also updated to 3.12
My gimbal now jumps when i try to move vertically.
I have tried all ca ...

Try this:
http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php ... Calibration?lang=en

I had the same problem
2015-3-11
Use props
i_anderson
lvl.2

United States

briankiser@me.c Posted at 2015-3-11 05:45
OK Thanks - I do have a video feed though and can take pictures and initiate recording.  What is t ...

I *believe* the blue wifi icon is saying your phone is connected to your RE, nothing more.

Cheers,
Ian
2015-3-11
Use props
i_anderson
lvl.2

United States

briankiser@me.c Posted at 2015-3-11 06:23
Here is a video of my issues.
Vision problems - no flight status readings

Wow!.....

I too am at a loss beyond noticing that your wifi name field in the app is (rather rudely!) still saying "N/A". That really should be showing the same as it did in settings. Once it does, I'm certain all the other data will show up.

Trouble is, given you showed us you were indeed connected in settings I too am out of ideas.
Except, maybe, and I think you've already done this, try it outside after the bird has got a GPS lock. A long shot, but I wonder if it won't 'fire up' until it's got a lock?

Sorry man, thats all I've got. Sorry..... Please let us know if you get 'er going.

Cheers,
Ian

2015-3-11
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

i_anderson@iclo Posted at 2015-3-12 02:23
I *believe* the blue wifi icon is saying your phone is connected to your RE, nothing more.

Cheers ...

If your app still says N/A, you need to delete the PT2 APP and download the fresh 3.08 APP from the website.  It has the 3.12 upgrade for the main controller and then that will say NAZA or PHANTOM.
2015-3-11
Use props
briankiser
lvl.2

United States

I flew yesterday around 6:30 PM EST and filmed this short video below for a golf course. I powered it up, waited for the GPS lock to trigger the rear green lights, then I did the field calibration circle dance. It flew wonderfully and I flew it until the rear lights turned yellow and then tested the Return Home feature which worked flawlessly.   
http://youtu.be/yE331gMMjz8
With that - the GPS IS working, the battery is charged and I am connected because I get the video feed. It appears that the Naza is just not communicating the flight data back to me. I wonder how I can reset the Naza?

Does the Phantom 1 have battery, alt, speed, and distance feeds?  Could it be confused and think it's a Phantom 1?

Thanks for all help!
Brian
2015-3-11
Use props
fhagan02
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1854908 ft
United States

ch1_wong@hotmai Posted at 2015-3-10 12:40
Tried again today. Hooked up my P2 to Assistant software and there are updates. updated my P2 and H3 ...

I've had that happen on two gimbals. I did the hard reset with tweezers trick and re-upload firmware a total of 11 times to one of them after gong limp on update. Never came back to life. I sent 2 emails to DJI support but never received a reply. Thankfully and luckily both were still under warranty. So I was able to simply have them replaced. What bothers me is the fact that, in all honesty, I think both of those gimbals were fine. They weren't' defective. They operated 100% perfectly until firmware updates were performed. When I received one of the new gimbal replacements I updated it's firmware and with no problems it came to life. Was this gimbal different than the others? I think not. The first hard zap reset I had to do with a newly limp gimbal took 4 trials. Conducted the exact same way every time but the 4th time...just randomly worked. I believe it was just that... random. Roll of the dice. That's why I tried 11 times on the other one to no avail. The products themselves are good. The support, quality control and testing seem to be an afterthought in my humble opinion.

This whole thing has made me so apprehensive that I'm not considering updating ... ever. I currently have two Phantom 2/H3-3D set ups. Both in prefect operating condition in every single way. I like keeping all my equipment up to date for obvious reasons. I also realize with ANY product system/firmware update it's always wise to just wait. Be it Lap Top OS, Camera, Phone or Phantom firmware - firmware updates always seem to be somewhat of a crap shoot only for the fearless. It shouldn't be this way but it is. Some people have no problems with the update... some people have problems. But ALL were initiated by the same click of the "update" button in the assistant software.

The end of my ramble and the point is I love my DJI "stuff". I want to keep it that way. It's good stuff created with good ideas and good technology. After you get the stuff it it seems to turn into another story. I assume it's not taken lightly but this thread alone should be REALLY troublesome.... to someone in accounting somewhere. My experience with defective DJI merchandise feels more like the, "Well there's always a couple of bad eggs in each basket" mentality.

I had a problem with a piece of GoPro equipment. Sent a support email. Heard from them within 24 hours. Talked it over via email and sent pictures illustrating the problem. They quickly mailed a replacement with sincere apologies. Got another email two weeks later asking... 1) Is the replacement functioning properly? and...2) Is there anything more we can do for you?

So it's the same "s#!t happens" scenario. I'm frustrated and inconveinenced with some kind of after sale malfunction/defect. BUT because of the sense of urgency and appreciation illustrated,  I will gladly be purchasing more GoPro "stuff".

My apologies for the long-winded post.
2015-3-11
Use props
RichardD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3298212 ft
  • >>>
Australia

tried to update to 3.12, but software states 3.08 is latest version? ... any ideas?
2015-3-11
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

RichardD Posted at 2015-3-12 11:39
tried to update to 3.12, but software states 3.08 is latest version? ... any ideas?

You use the v3.8 assistant software?
2015-3-11
Use props
szaszlajos
lvl.1

United States

Hi all,

I have a DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ and today I hooked it up to my PC and I noticed that there is a firmware update so I click update..... the update started but at about 49% the progress bar stopped and popped up a message that the update failed and to try it again. So I been trying since then but with no luck at all. I even tried a hard reset and the update still won't go thru and my drone is just flashing red while it beeps.

Anybody has any other suggestion?
2015-3-11
Use props
RichardD
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-3-12 11:53
You use the v3.8 assistant software?

No my current PT2 version is 3.6, and states no updates...
2015-3-11
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

RichardD Posted at 2015-3-12 14:54
No my current PT2 version is 3.6, and states no updates...

Delete your 3.6/uninstall it, then Easiest is to go to http://www.dji.com/support and navigate to your model and download the latest 3.8 software which includes the new 3.12 firmware, while there, download any other updates you need for the camera, RC etc.
There is confusion on the naming conventions, trust what I suggest above!
2015-3-12
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

szaszlajos@yaho Posted at 2015-3-12 14:08
Hi all,

I have a DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ and today I hooked it up to my PC and I noticed that there i ...

Yep,

Try a different pc, I have a win 10 pc I have been using for a while as an everyday pc and while the assistant does work for everything else on it it froze at 47%  over and over.

took it up to a win 7 pc and installed assistant and updated fine.

good luck
2015-3-12
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

kirk2579@aol.co Posted at 2015-3-13 06:03
Yep,

Try a different pc, I have a win 10 pc I have been using for a while as an everyday pc and w ...

Can you please show me your Win10 PC screen, I would like one, maybe....I have Win8 only.
2015-3-12
Use props
RichardD
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-3-12 23:18
Delete your 3.6/uninstall it, then Easiest is to go to http://www.dji.com/support and navigate to y ...

Thanks ! .... all up to date!
2015-3-12
Use props
szaszlajos
lvl.1

United States

kirk2579@aol.co Posted at 2015-3-13 06:03
Yep,

Try a different pc, I have a win 10 pc I have been using for a while as an everyday pc and w ...

You made my night..... I just tried it on another laptop with Windows 8.1 and it worked. Thanks for your advice!
By the way I was using Windows 10 also on my main PC, so that could be part of the issue too.
2015-3-12
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
United States

szaszlajos@yaho Posted at 2015-3-13 09:54
You made my night..... I just tried it on another laptop with Windows 8.1 and it worked. Thanks for ...

I had it happen about a month ago and and thought I bricked it totally. Hours of searching and little help. Just took a try with the other pc and was a very happy camper!
2015-3-13
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
United States

szaszlajos@yaho Posted at 2015-3-13 09:54
You made my night..... I just tried it on another laptop with Windows 8.1 and it worked. Thanks for ...

It basically is the win 8.1 desktop with a few changes on start area.  runs so well I forget it is beta.

Can be downloaded at Microsoft tech net center... but it is beta

It will be released this fall and all win 8 should upgrade free, win 7 maybe as well
2015-3-13
Use props
i_anderson
lvl.2

United States

kirk2579@aol.co Posted at 2015-3-13 21:48
It basically is the win 8.1 desktop with a few changes on start area.  runs so well I forget it is ...

So they've given up on 9 already?......

So happy I'm on Macs. ;)

Cheers,
Ian
2015-3-13
Use props
briankiser
lvl.2

UPDATE - I took the PV2 apart, stripped the firmware off to 0.00, uninstalled all software on PC, deleted App on iphone, then reloaded 3.08 desktop software, 3.12 MC firmware and still having the exact problem - NO pitch control of gimbal through the iphone, I can still take pictures and video but have ZERO flight data such as speed, distance, alt, GPS lock and battery level....

Very disappointing - I guess I will forfeit and send it to California for repair??

Brian
2015-3-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules