New Firmware (v3.12) Has Been Updated
28406 336 2015-3-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

I had 11 sats locked on, all clear and virtually not a cloud in the sky...wierd because everything else i tried seems to work perfectly...
Maybe just doing something really noobie but not sure....My phone and apps are up to date, all my other software etc. as you can see are certainly up to date...Maybe just a brain fart or something on my part but now i am just more curious than anything....
2015-3-3
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Gertrude has the 3.12 now and Heathcliff has the downgrade 3.08
gertrude upgrade page 1.jpg
Heathcliff upgrade page.jpg
2015-3-3
Use props
stock12to32
lvl.3

United States

I upgrade the Phantom 2 Vision Plus v3 today and flew one battery with no problems. Picked up sats quick inside and outside.
2015-3-3
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-3-4 12:07
I had 11 sats locked on, all clear and virtually not a cloud in the sky...wierd because everything e ...

The reason you see failsafe at the bottom,  that is what I have the bottom s1 switch set to is failsafe.  When I got the screenshots, both switches are in top position.
2015-3-3
Use props
allbritt.verizo
lvl.2

United States

Guy -
They have our email addresses so wouldn't it be nice if we got email notifications?

I did get an email notification from DJI.
2015-3-3
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Guy Posted at 2015-3-4 12:25
Hello again Gerry

I am getting concerned. You got your GPS firmware from 3.10 and for someone lik ...

Remember when they put out an upgrade that started bricking non DJI batteries.  That is where I got the 2.6 update for the battery.  I think the GPS was from the 3.10 update.  When I went back to the 3.08, I just downloaded that and never clicked on anything else to downgrade
Gnixon has the non vision phantom.  I wonder what he has for numbers?
Also I wonder if the FC 200 camera update would affect it.  I did that on both birds.
2015-3-3
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

allbritt.verizo Posted at 2015-3-4 12:17
Guy -   

I did get an email notification from DJI.

as did i allbritt
2015-3-3
Use props
JATO
lvl.4

United States

No email here. My Phantom is also registered.
2015-3-3
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

I had 11 sats locked and loaded, all other functions appeared to be at least normal or near perfect..
Maybe something noobie but not sure,

News flash!....just as i was typing this i went to the DJI Vision app on my phone to check something and Martha Focker! (if you have seen "Meet the Fockers" this is safe to say..per se) ...something wierd! My phone is now showing My Phantom 2 Vision location in both standard and satellite but the bird if off...so as i type i am running back to the bird to re power it up to check...so wait a minute please!

So just powered her up and it seems to be working, i think, oops..not working now...
I just rebooted my phone...please wait a minute....
just re launched the DJI Vision app and now it is gone again....ugggh! just looking at grid lines again.
Something is weird here!
I seem to have some kind of intermittent connection, when i tried earlier with all of this i was outside, all was clear, all was fully charged and there are no interferences i can see anywhere around that would be causing this...My phone is in Airplane mode with only wifi enabled and i do not have my home internet on the phone as i disable it during flying when around the yard.
Maybe have to go somewhere else to check, who knows, maybe a massive gold mind under my house that is causing interference but i doubt it...anyway, will look some more tomorrow....

2015-3-3
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-3-4 12:50
I had 11 sats locked and loaded, all other functions appeared to be at least normal or near perfect. ...

Well, if you have a gold mine under your house, give me a call, I'll help you dig it up
2015-3-3
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Guy Posted at 2015-3-4 12:54
I have just discovered that all three of my batteries have different firmware.

Battery 1  4329  2 ...

WOWWWWWWWWWW?
2015-3-3
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Guy Posted at 2015-3-4 12:59
My sentiments exactly, maybe I will ignore it as it might drive me crazier than I am.

Regards

When they had the upgrade for the batteries to self discharge, I remember I had to do the upgrade for each battery.  I had to put them in the Phantom and upgrade them all.  That is when the complaints started coming in of non dji batteries were bricked.
2015-3-3
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Guy Posted at 2015-3-4 13:22
Have tried updating batteries with Assistant 3.8. Any thoughts on trying Assistant 3.6?

Have sent  ...

I think I would wait until you heard from one of them,  I do remember they did pull the upgrade to the batteries after the complaints started to come in or they had a fix to it.
2015-3-3
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Guy Posted at 2015-3-4 13:32
I will keep you posted.

Thanks

Yes please do let me know
2015-3-3
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-3-4 12:11
Gertrude has the 3.12 now and Heathcliff has the downgrade 3.08

Did Heathcliff unplug the USB cable then repower-on the aircraft?
2015-3-3
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-3-4 14:14
Did Heathcliff unplug the USB cable then repower-on the aircraft?

I only upgraded Gertrude tonight and left Heathcliff at 3.08 for right now.
2015-3-3
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-3-4 14:19
I only upgraded Gertrude tonight and left Heathcliff at 3.08 for right now.

Sorry I misunderstood...
2015-3-3
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-3-4 14:21
Sorry I misunderstood...

Heathcliff will get the upgrade if Gertrude flies good tomorrow I hope, if it's not snowing.
2015-3-3
Use props
myron
lvl.4

Philippines

hey dji

when i control the stick going down or to landing why so fast not like in previous version it will goes down slowly ehhhhh?
2015-3-4
Use props
gsp171
lvl.3

United States

That's it, I will NEVER plug my Phantom into the internet again...
2015-3-4
Use props
myron
lvl.4

Philippines

how to downgrade to 3.8?
2015-3-4
Use props
JATO
lvl.4

United States

So I updated, and I am very glad to say everything works
Here is all my software revs:

I have a QuickRelease mounted and the new update works with both the P2V+ camera and the Zenmuse H3-3D and GoPro Hero3 Black when using the Vision app.
Ken's Ultimate Flight App also works with the P2V+ camera attached but it has issues when the GoPro is attached.

Overall I'm happy good job DJI.
2015-3-4
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-3-4 12:50
I had 11 sats locked and loaded, all other functions appeared to be at least normal or near perfect. ...

Well,
Finally figured it out (why "Find my Phantom 2 Vision" or Ground Station was not working) and it had nothing to do with the new v3.12 update which I installed and the Phantom performed flawlessly on two flights last night.
As a rule when flying, I always use my phone in Airplane mode, enable wifi and disable all other networks except the phantom.
Somehow I had a conflict with location services and cellular data, in the last several weeks I must have enabled one for the DJI Vision app and disabled the other for the DJI Vision app or when it auto updated the app settings may have cahanged, not sure.
Anyhow, I turned off Cellular data for the DJI Vision app and enabled location services for the DJI Vision app and voila, it works!
Anyone else using an iPhone and not being able to use "Find my Phantom 2 Vision" or use Ground Station should check the above as I mentioned.
2015-3-4
Use props
away-point
lvl.3

United States

Is this firmware optional, or does it install itself simply by connecting to the Assistant Software?

I'm replacing my gimbal after a crash, and imagine it won't arrive with the latest gimbal firmware.  

The only reason I do not want to risk this new firmware version is because there was previous talk of making international borders no-fly.  I like to fly around ships out in the middle of the lake, and the US/Canada border snakes back and forth across the channel.
2015-3-4
Use props
nilsblix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Start flying
I have done the firmware update with no issues whatsoever.
Been flying 45 minutes today - even took a waypoint test - all good.
Used both the DJI App and the FPV Booster App - everything nice and stable.

------------------------------------------
P2V + V3
Iphone 6 Plus - ios 8.1.3
DJI Vision App 1.0.48
Phantom 2 Vision+ Assistant Software v3.8
Phantom 2 Vision+ Main Controller Firmware* v3.12
Phantom 2 Vision+ Central Board Firmware* v1.0.2.10
DJI FC200 Camera V1.3.0.g
2015-3-4
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

nils,
I think you have a typo!
Me thinks it Should be:
Phantom 2 Vision Assistant software v3.8 as this is where the new firmware was from
2015-3-4
Use props
nilsblix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-3-5 00:54
nils,
I think you have a typo!
Me thinks it Should be:

Thank you  
2015-3-4
Use props
gsp171
lvl.3

United States

away-point Posted at 2015-3-5 00:35
Is this firmware optional, or does it install itself simply by connecting to the Assistant Software? ...

automatic install and will not ask you to install
2015-3-4
Use props
BWJ
Second Officer

Denmark

It does not auto install. it asks
2015-3-4
Use props
msayler01.gmail
New

United States

Tried to do the firmware update, but it says 3.08 is current. ???
2015-3-4
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

msayler01.gmail Posted at 2015-3-5 03:54
Tried to do the firmware update, but it says 3.08 is current. ???

Go back to the DJI support page and Download the Phantom 2 Vision/+ Assistant 3.08 Software (which includes the 3.12 firmware, confusing I know) and go from there, it works!!
2015-3-4
Use props
msayler01.gmail
New

United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-3-5 04:43
Go back to the DJI support page and Download the Phantom 2 Vision/+ Assistant 3.08 Software (which  ...

Perfect that worked. Thank you!
2015-3-4
Use props
perdidoflyer
lvl.2

United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-3-4 02:06
Look again,
I just saw it there under Phantom 2+ Vision Assistant Software v3.8, it appears they di ...

North - that is correct. What DJI did back when they issued 3.10 firmware, was to "embed" it in both the Win and Mac versions of Phantom assistant, so if one downloaded the then new version of Phantom Assistant, one would be forced to install 3.10 firmware upon launch of Phantom Assistant. Then DJI essentially recalled 3.10, replaced it with 3.08 (who knows the real difference, what was in one vs another) and now comes firmware 3.12. Phantom Assistant has not changed since the 3.10 firmware issue, so when you connect Phantom to your computer on either platform, you can see that there is a firmware update (3.12) available, but it is not forced on you.
2015-3-4
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

msayler01.gmail Posted at 2015-3-5 06:06
Perfect that worked. Thank you!

Glad to help and happy flying
2015-3-4
Use props
MAD In NC
lvl.2

United States

OK,  iOS running 1.0.48,  Naza 3.8 and everything checks to what is shown on Gerry's screen except battery being 1.0.0.9 whatever..

launch the Vision App,  still says NA vs Naza.   Meaning when running NAZA Mode on Phantom the Vision app still shows NA

Idea's?

2015-3-4
Use props
victortch
lvl.2

United States

MAD In NC Posted at 2015-3-5 09:38
OK,  iOS running 1.0.48,  Naza 3.8 and everything checks to what is shown on Gerry's screen except b ...

Did you move your s2 switch into middle or bottom position and s1 in top? That is when NAZA is active. I do not think it corresponds to PC app button "Phantom/Naza-M". Also in order for NAZA to activate you should have GPS in "green" state. AFAIK
2015-3-4
Use props
MAD In NC
lvl.2

United States

victortch@gmail Posted at 2015-3-5 09:57
Did you move your s2 switch into middle or bottom position and s1 in top? That is when NAZA is act ...

OK  I'll insure S1 is top or/ GPS,  S2 in CL(Mid)  or HL (Low) as I have IOC activated and hope to try that in the next week and believe it or not with GPS 1.0.1.6 update I have 6 sats on my desk where before w antenna upgrade is was still 3.   

let me re-run IMU, get a beer and try again.   Thanks Victortch!
2015-3-4
Use props
victortch
lvl.2

United States

I have a feeling, the drones with FW v3.8 will have better resale value, as folks in DC are hurt really bad with 25km restriction in FW v.3.12. I am getting inside about 6-8 sats close to the window  without mods, but it is not stable. Outside it seems to work fine. I am kipping GPS antenna mod in mind in case I have any issues with GPS in the future..
2015-3-4
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

victortch@gmail Posted at 2015-3-5 10:33
I have a feeling, the drones with FW v3.8 will have better resale value, as folks in DC are hurt rea ...

victortch,
If it could ever be proven that anybody did not update and had any availability to the Internet to update etc. then it is clearly an indication that they had ill intentions...
I cannot fathom why this is an issue for anyone!
2015-3-4
Use props
victortch
lvl.2

United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-3-5 11:22
victortch,
If it could ever be proven that anybody did not update and had any availability to the  ...

AFAIK, there is no such regulation restricting hobby UAV. The rule is for MAV, DJI seems over reacting. They could have put some limits around WH and DC administrative area, but 25km puts all residential area and some suburbs as well. If this is what they want I would like same protection for my home (more important than WH for me), so no UAV within 25 km off my home. Then we could kiss good bye this hobby..
2015-3-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules